Opening Credits / Opening Theme Discussion

Dean

Yes he is at least Bianca is keeping them in line. So it definitely looks like disappointment for those of us who want a longer opening. In 2009 there was a longer version with the 'Hold me in your arms don't let me go. I want to stay forever. Closer each day, Home and Away' section of the theme. Even that length would be ideal. Like we've said he recap could be shortened a little bit.

• Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The visual style they have at the moment is perfect, and the best the titles have ever looked imo, so credit for that! Though ofcourse, I also think it would be nice to have a longer opening, with some group shots in that style.

I used to be quite vocal about wanting a 50 second version of the theme (how it was 96-03) but now I kinda get that that is a bit too long in this day and age.

I think it just depends on how the theme is produced. The versions used from 04-09 sounded very 'stop and start' and the general sound, terrible and flat. But if they started with "From the very first moment I saw you" with a smooth, emotional tone, with the instrumental building gradually with big flourishing bursts as the chorus kicks in, I'd love it.... I can just hear it in my head now XD.

Aha, exactly what I've been planning!... but Neighbours is first (nearly finished on that). I have tried doing a Home and Away theme in the past, as recently as last month even, but I always wind up dropping it before I finish. It will happen eventually though.... ;) I did post one on here like 2 years ago, but that was when I was 100% beginner, so it sounded completely awful!

Aha, exactly what I've been planning!... but Neighbours is first (nearly finished on that). I have tried doing a Home and Away theme in the past, as recently as last month even, but I always wind up dropping it before I finish. It will happen eventually though.... ;) I did post one on here like 2 years ago, but that was when I was 100% beginner, so it sounded completely awful!

Can you give us any hints as what to expect with this Neighbours theme?

I'd love to hear what you can do with the Home and Away music!!!

My favorite part of the current ' Previously On ' theme is the piano notes that come in during the emotional moments!

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think TPTB sees it as being able to afford more time for scenes rather than using it up for the opening credits.

However I miss the opening credits and it's now somewhat difficult to establish who's a regular and guest character, hence these things need to be researched online now whereas we already knew who was a regular and guest character just based on the opening credits.

I think TPTB sees it as being able to afford more time for scenes rather than using it up for the opening credits.

Well, they never seemed to have a problem with time for scenes in the past when we had opening credits. :rolleyes:

They were part of the identity of the show, which has been totally decimated now.

Archived