Opening Credits / Opening Theme Discussion

Dean

• Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aussie TV has copied American TV which in the past 10 years has phased out opening credits on most shows. Best you get is a title screen with an extremely short piece of "music"... more often just sound effects.

Yep, sad but true for the commercial channels anyway. ABC and SBS still have opening credits for some of there shows.

Neighbours still manages to have opening credits. They even launched a search in the UK and Australia to find a singer for the new theme. It's a pity Home and Away couldn't do the same thing. I'd be surprised if a longer opening came back. I also agree that the recaps can be a bit too long sometimes. Let's see what next year brings for the opening and the show :)

Has anyone seen the video of uk radio presenter Nick Grimshaw on youtube. He has filmed a cameo in some British soaps as well as Home and Away. He is seen in a cameo in London with Brax, Heath and Bianca. At the beginning and end of the clip there are updated versions of the current opening style. If this is what they are using for next year I doubt there'll be proper opening titles.

Hope they update uk end credits.

Archived