Nicole Franklin - Tessa James

Foxy

Nicole and Trey, to me, feels like a case of the writers going "here's two characters that are single, let's bung them together."Like Ruby and Xavier and Aden and Belle.Sometimes that can work, sometimes it flies in the face of all logic and character consistency and the relationship just feels wrong. It seriously feels as though Nicole's only hanging around with Trey because her first two choices (Geoff and Aden)both rejected her.Trey, like Aden, pretty much seems to have two personalities, half the time he's a fairly decent person, the other half he's a total jerk.In Trey's case, this is possibly deliberate, one's his "public face" and is mostly bravado and the other's what he's like when he lets his guard down.I'm going to try and keep an open mind on this relationship but it feels too much like Aden and Belle revisited, although from what little I've seen it's been handled a lot better and the characters do seem to work together even if they're never going to be a great couple.

(Xavier doesn't think of himself as a bad boy?That's the same Xavier who dealt drugs, liked hanging out with the bad crowd, played chicken with cars, caused a road accident with his stunts, made a big deal about visiting the police station and didn't want to be seen with Brendan because he was afraid it would ruin his image?)

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ yeah, but that was back then. i'm talking about now :) and, i think the bin ride was just a fun prank, not a 'look at me, i'm a big man' type stunt :]

I agree though, as I said, that Trey is similar to Aden, and putting him with Nicole is like revisiting old ground, but without the same 'snap' that Belle & Aden had after their first kiss.

Nicole &

Gardy

I'm looking forward to seeing how that plays out ... She's never going to like him [rightly so] and I'm wondering when Roman will wake up to what his friend is now ; whether or not he was always that cocky & arrogant, and Roman used be like that, I don't know, but certainly ... Nicole has the right idea about him! :o

btw why cant it just be Nicole/Ruby/Xavier/Trey/Jai/Annie ?

I think, probably, because they dont really like Trey. I guess that could change though. Ruby is more mature so she is a better friend for Nicole. Ruby and Nicole suit and would get along together better than Nicole and Annie would. Maybe it would be a bit weird for Nicole to be friends with Annie, considering Geoff is her brother. Although I would love for Nicole and Geoff to get back together. I guess they could just all be friend though, although I would prefer it to just be Ruby/Nicole who are friends.

I don't really see why Nicole, Ruby and Annie all being friends would be a big "no-no".If I remember correctly, when Geoff and Nicole broke up, both Ruby and Annie went up to her at school to see if she was okay, so the potential's there.I can easily see there being a bit of a Belle/Cassie/Mattie dynamic between them where Belle(Nicole)and Cassie(Ruby)were quite similar personality types and Mattie (Annie), certainly to start with, was less experienced.

I don't really see why Nicole, Ruby and Annie all being friends would be a big "no-no".If I remember correctly, when Geoff and Nicole broke up, both Ruby and Annie went up to her at school to see if she was okay, so the potential's there.I can easily see there being a bit of a Belle/Cassie/Mattie dynamic between them where Belle(Nicole)and Cassie(Ruby)were quite similar personality types and Mattie (Annie), certainly to start with, was less experienced.

Annie "The Frown" Campbell bring the mood down whereever she goes. It's not the "less experienced" that is the problem, its that she's immature, clueless, judgemental and narrow minded. She's happy in her own little world and doesn't like to consider there is more outside her narrow confines. I can understand her being friends with Ruby who seems can tolerate alot and be pretty understanding of anyone but I can't see her and Nicole being too close to be honest, they wouldn't have much in common at all.

Annie "The Frown" Campbell bring the mood down whereever she goes. It's not the "less experienced" that is the problem, its that she's immature, clueless, judgemental and narrow minded. She's happy in her own little world and doesn't like to consider there is more outside her narrow confines. I can understand her being friends with Ruby who seems can tolerate alot and be pretty understanding of anyone but I can't see her and Nicole being too close to be honest, they wouldn't have much in common at all.

I like Annie being clueless and don't really agree with the other three but this isn't her thread.I kind of liked it when Nicole first turned up and Annie almost turned into a sort of Mini-Nicole for a bit, dressing up in her old clothes and looking at her as a role model, until they fell out.

Since when did Nicole and Ruby become friends? I wonder how long Nicole and Trey will last. Lets see. First Nicole threw herself at Elliott and then left the bay with him to upset her father. Then latched her claws into Geoff and slept with him. Now she is into Trey. Which her father doesn't like. Another Belle perhaps.

Nicole is the one character that annoys me. The whole Aden thing especially. A few episodes ago when he told her he needed space, she came back with, "if you stop sleeping with me I might take the hint", sort of thing. Uh, hello? You're a 17/18 year old girl with a mind of your own. Did he force you? Tie you down and make you sleep with him? No.

I noticed in tonight's (australia) episode that her and Trey linked fingers while she spoke to Geoff, could this be her unintentionally trying to make her Ex jealous? - or maybe it's not intentional and we will get more Niff-ness, then again the same problems would arise and they would be forced apart by circumstance just like last time.. I'm beginning to accept that not every couple stay on the same relationship path.

In response to the Annie / Ruby thing - I think Ruby relates to Nicole alot more, she sort of went through the same relationship-related trouble when Xavier and Freya were together, and also the two personalities seem to fit together alot more naturally, they seem to share quite a few of the same values and beliefs. Whereas (like most on the board) I feel a friendship with Annie would be awkward because of Geoff (yet, nobody should ever let something like that stand in the way of friendship) but also the age difference would be a worry - and the fact Annie holds the same beliefs that were partly responsible for mucking up her relationship with Geoff.

I noticed in tonight's (australia) episode that her and Trey linked fingers while she spoke to Geoff, could this be her unintentionally trying to make her Ex jealous? - or maybe it's not intentional and we will get more Niff-ness, then again the same problems would arise and they would be forced apart by circumstance just like last time.. I'm beginning to accept that not every couple stay on the same relationship path.

In response to the Annie / Ruby thing - I think Ruby relates to Nicole alot more, she sort of went through the same relationship-related trouble when Xavier and Freya were together, and also the two personalities seem to fit together alot more naturally, they seem to share quite a few of the same values and beliefs. Whereas (like most on the board) I feel a friendship with Annie would be awkward because of Geoff (yet, nobody should ever let something like that stand in the way of friendship) but also the age difference would be a worry - and the fact Annie holds the same beliefs that were partly responsible for mucking up her relationship with Geoff.

I know its hard to believe because Ruby seems older than Annie, but theres the same gap between Ruby and Nicole and Annie and Nicole.