Nicole Franklin - Tessa James

Foxy

It's been a few months now and I still don't know what to make of Nicole.....there was a stage in the year where I felt all she did was have the same arguement with Roman for about five weeks on end, that was very much in sync with her "princess" character which I wasn't overly keen on (the repition without development more than anything). However she most certainly has had her redeeming moments, but I tend to find they're so quickly followed by a princessy type episode which reverts my opinion back to one of disdain. I like her vulnerable side but I feel this hasn't been explored enough by the writers yet. The definite positive of her character though is that she's very much an individual - her relationship with Geoff for example, I was very pleased to see her say "this is who I am, which means this isn't going to work" - even though I may not like her attitudes all the time, I'm at least pleased to see that she has attitudes and sticks by them.

What do other people think of Nicole?

Edited by QUIET ACHIEVER

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love her. She's my current favourite character and the reason I chose my username. Even from the start, when she was nothing but a spoilt little princess, she was a lot of fun and brought a bubbly touch to every scene she was in. I love her interactions with Aden, especially at first with their reinterpretation of 'Cruel Intentions - Summer Bay Edition', and I still look forward to watching them sharing screentime since they're never boring. That said, I concur with what Nicole said about her and Aden being togehter: they'd truly be a nightmare! (but a very fun one to watch, at least for us!! ^_^)

Regarding her personality change throughout the episodes she's been in, I love the way we've seen her gradually go from princess to a caring person, without having left behind her spoilt little brat self, one side I think she reserves for whenever she's with Aden or her own father. In terms of pairing, I do think she's great with Geoff since they're perfect opposites which complement each other quite well and I hope that the writers will allow them to stick together,

especially now that they've both said the 'L' word.

I also like how, despite the fact that she's had a pretty hard life in terms of receiving proper affection from anyone, which makes her very insecure and therefore prone to seek attention from those she loves, she's still pretty tough and I admire how easily she tends to forgive and forget whoever has hurt her in the past. I was pleased to read that Tessa James signed a three year contract, this means we'll see a lot more of Nicole in the future. I, for one, am very much looking forward to seeing what the writers have in store for her!

It might have only been a small thing but in Tuesday's episode, going to Belle with chocolates and dvd's but without (as someone mentioned) pity, was a surprising development in Nicole for me. As was her going after Melody last Friday, i'm not sure where this sudden maturity has come from, either Geoff or the OC incident but it's a much better look for Nicole.

She can still be a princess but i always loved her for that anyway, so its all good. :wub:

There was a time when I really hated her and now I love her. I think she's a brilliant character. She's so great for Geoff. She messes up, but she realises it, which is a very rare quality in the, usually quite sanctimonious, teens on the show.

And I love her friendship with Aden, it's so refreshing and if the writers ever take them down a relationship path I will never forgive them.

I love Nicole she is such a great character, she's a bit shallow, but she's also just a lot of fun, I really loved her in yesterday's episode when she went and gave Belle that stuff, Belle doesn't really have any friends among the teens at the moment apart from Aden, obviously, so I'd love to see a friendship form between those two. ^ I agree, I love her friendship with Aden, it's so funny, and they better not ever get together! Nicole and Geoff is just so perfect, they are total opposites but it works so well, I like Geoff alot better when he's with her.

She is just such a refreshing character and I think Tessa James does a brilliant job playing her. :)

When Nicole first came on the show she really annoyed me with her "princess" act but now she'd have to be one of the favourite characters. Her relationship with Roman has come a long way and I love the relationship she has with Aden. I hope they keep them as just friends for the time being, at least.

• 3 weeks later...

I liked Nicole from the start, mostly because I kind of knew they would allow her to grow and mature to one of my favorites.

I have been a bit scared they would turn her to a "too good" character, but there is the sneeky spark in her, still, as was shown in the "date for the formal" episode. I like her wittyness, and quick, smart remarks, and I like the fact, that if she fails, she takes the responsibility with her head held high. Also I like the fact, that she knows her own value, and she isn't goig to settle for less, than she deserves, not from anyone, not even Geoff, or her own mother.

• 3 weeks later...

There was a time when I really hated her and now I love her. I think she's a brilliant character. She's so great for Geoff. She messes up, but she realises it, which is a very rare quality in the, usually quite sanctimonious, teens on the show.

And I love her friendship with Aden, it's so refreshing and if the writers ever take them down a relationship path I will never forgive them.

I wouldn't either, there are some friendship groups that remain undamaged by lust. And Aden & Nicole are perfect as friends.

I'd also hate it if Geoff run off with Mel and not Nicole :( I just am not too keen on G/M scenes.

I do love Nicole though, I've always liked her since she arrived. I like the way her character has been able to change a lot. And experienced a lot of fun storylines in a space of just a few months.

I really like Nicole. She's pretty interesting. Normally I hate trivial princess characters with trivial problems and although that's what Nicole seems to be, she's different. I enjoy her screen time (although it was pretty limited for a while when all the Aden/Belle drama crap was going on) and she can be very entertaining as well as everything else. I like Nicole's relationship with Aden - as friends. I wouldn't oppose to them being a couple someday, but I'm a fairly closeted Geoff/Nicole shipper, that being said I love her interaction with both of the guys. She manages to make Aden bearable an Geoff less-annoying. Same with Roman, I enjoy their father/daughter relationship and their scenes together which kind of made me appreciate Roman's character a bit more. So I take that as being a good thing.