Nicole Franklin - Tessa James

Foxy

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the way they have developed Nicole's character.

I have gone from not particularly liking/disliking her to her being one of my favourites on the show! I love that on the surface she seemed to be just a spoilt little princess who wanted her own way all the time, but really she is far more complex than that. I think bringing her Mum into the show, has shown us why Nicole was/is the way she is. I love her with Geoff, never would have thought I would have said that before, but I really enjoy them as a couple. Also much prefer Geoff with her than when he is on his own. When on his own find Geoff really boring, but when with her I warm to him much more. I also like her relationships with Aden & with her Dad Roman.

Wonder what Nicole will have happening in 2009? Hope they keep her & Geoff together, at least for a while.

I've always loved Nicole's chracter and i used to feel bad for that because she was such a brat but i think it was because, good or bad, she always made things interesting. Even if you hate her you can't really deny that things are never dull when she's in a storyline.

I agree with those who have mentioned the positive effect on Geoff, he resembles dishwater when he's not with her (and in particular, Melody) but the storyline with Nicole has really brought the focus on his belief's and his inner conflicts to the surface making him a lot more exiting to watch.

And don't even get me started on Nicole when she's with Aden :wub:

I still dont know what to make of Nicole even after all these months on the show.

I dont particulary like or dislike her but she is a good character and is very complex. She has grown a lot since she has arrived ( which always happens with newcomers :lol: ) I loive how she and Geoff are having a no-sex relationship and it really shows how much Nicole has matured. At first she was a total man-eater but now she is a totally different person.

Nicole is awesome, like when home and away first introduced Aden I hated him but I have now grown to like Nicole as well as Aden. HeHe.

She has leant to be empathic towards others. She has some funny lines too. I dont think Aden and Nicole would make a good couple, their personalities arent suited for each other (thats my opinion anyway) *remember to agree to disagree* (please dont bite my head off at this comment lol). I love watvhinh Nicole and Aden's brother/sister type relationship.

• 4 weeks later...

So Asia has convienently quit and Bartlett needs someone else. Ohh....maybe it will be someone who as shown they can be mature and handle themselves in a situation Asia couldn't. Who could that be? :rolleyes: Seriously I literally roll my eyes with anything Nicole related. Predictable as usual.

So yesterdays episode. So ever since the OC we have been seeing Nicole transform, overnight, into this mature, kind hearted, caring, loving, only wants to be with the guy she loves, doesn't deserve anything bad said to her because it's not like she done worse, kind of girl(I left out some of her other saintly traits). So what was with that scene with Melody. What happened to the 'mature' girl who would know exactly what to say. Yes Melody needed a wake up call. But what Nicole did, thats not it. Nicole was acting as if Melody locked that door with the intention of harming everyone. And no one should want to be in the same room with her after that. And everyone is mad for wanting to show her some kindness. I would have understood if this reaction came from someone, in the heat of moment, who actually had someone they love hurt but here it was uncalled for.

Edited by Jody

It wasn't uncalled for. Nicole shouldnt have been that harsh, that much I can agree on but if she is locked in a building where she could die she has every right to lash out and she did, she acted the way she had to IMO. Melody has accepted she did wrong and I applaud her for that but then again she has to accept that others may not accept that she is sorry and someone said is a very easy thing to say.

It wasn't uncalled for. Nicole shouldnt have been that harsh, that much I can agree on but if she is locked in a building where she could die she has every right to lash out and she did, she acted the way she had to IMO. Melody has accepted she did wrong and I applaud her for that but then again she has to accept that others may not accept that she is sorry and someone said is a very easy thing to say.

Okay Nicole doesn't have to except the apology, but does she have the right to take off at others for feeling differently and showing the girl some kindness. Do they not get to have their own opinion. I wasn't happy about her throwing Belle in it has well. It was if she was accusing Aden of not caring enough about what happened to her, if he can sit here and be nice to Melody. And considering the way the have been potraying Nicole after the OC I find her reaction laughable. So far we are meant to believe she is so understanding, can carry herself in a stressful situation, and always knows what the right to say is. Now if she was suffering with the fact that she almost died, that was one thing, like I said if it was a comment made in the heat of the moment it would been fine, but earlier she looked perfectly fine for someone who almost died.

Anyways enough about Nicole from me.

Edited by Jody

I think it's a reaction that gets rid of the miracle over-night turn around she had after the OC, she isn't perfect, she's still agressive and harsh and that's still part of her personality despite the big changes to that lately and IMO that's a very good thing.

I think Melody needs to accept the fact not everyone is going to forgive her, she seemed to me at least think that all she needed to do was apologise and be remorseful and that was that. I think relaistically someone had give her a serve, Nicole may not have been the best person for it, but i think she's the only one with a personality that would allow it.

I do agree with Jody on the captain's thing though, it had all the tact of a blunt axe. It may have been a good small plotline if it had more build-up.