Morag Bellingham - Cornelia Frances

emmasi

I think Morag is younger than 70. I think she is about 65/66 now. I think she is the younger sibling of Alf who is 68.

I often wonder about Alf's parents. Some unseen characters often get forgotten about in soaps as years go by like Fisher's younger brother and Alf's parents and his other alleged sister. Gordon and Sarah Stewart would be about 95 if still alive.

Wait so bobby the girl who was on the show and died was Don and Morag´s child? i knew about her but not that they where her parents. It must have been a heart breaking time for them back then losing their child

It was heartbreaking for Donald, but Morag hated Bobby and often told her things like "I should have drowned you at birth". When Bobby died Morag did finally display some sadness about the way she treated Bobby but not much.

Edited by beau_t

Wait so bobby the girl who was on the show and died was Don and Morag´s child? i knew about her but not that they where her parents. It must have been a heart breaking time for them back then losing their child

It was heartbreaking for Donald, but Morag hated Bobby and often told her things like "I should have drowned you at birth". When Bobby died Morag did finally display some sadness about the way she treated Bobby but not much.

How can someone talk to their child like that? that´s just cruel

While it's never been explicitly stated by Morag, I've always sensed that she has underlying regret about the way she treated Bobby and she was never able to forge a proper relationship with her daughter due to her life being taken away too soon.

For example she was concerned about Nicole's decision to give baby George away to Sid and Marilyn for example and maybe it brought back memories for her with the way she gave Bobby away with Martha's (Alf's first wife) assistance. There have been other occasions as well where I've sensed this especially when she was dating Ross after they met for the first time in a long time and who can forget that serve that Morag received from Martha in early 2007 about the way she was constantly interfering in her and Ash's relationship as well.

Edited by Jezz

How can someone talk to their child like that? that´s just cruel

It's hard to imagine it these days but back in the day Morag was a vile woman, the show has rarely had a more evil villain than Morag was in the early years.

• 4 months later...