Morag Bellingham - Cornelia Frances

emmasi

Susan Bower Lucy Addario wont bring Morag, Celia or Colleen back when her and Louise are at the helm. She is too busy worried about her precious Braxtons and Barrett's, in which I think Andy Barrett is one of the worst characters in the shows history.

Some people said that when Sally returned in 2013 the writers did not understand her at all so if they did bring Morag back while Louise and Lucy are around she may also be ruined.

Edited by Homeandawayfan.
  • Like 1

Absolutely. I like there to be a pol on here where you have to vote for your 5 worse characters. I bet Andy would top a lot of peoples. There's no way they could write for Morag now. The dialogue she had in the 80s has never been surpassed.

Morag had moved from what she was in the eighties and nineties. There would have been no reason to write her like she was back then.

She developed away from being a charichatured villain in the 1990's. She became a great character in the 00's, still sharp but she was not that cartoonish and she was good at heart.

But I don't trust the writers to write her in a good way either, because the current writing style isn't good for any character.

But I think that the writing of Morag changed before the writing style of the show changed. I feel that Morag wasn't well written in the last half of 2008 and onwards. At least, she wasn't used to her potential when she was onscreen.

I think they did a mistake when they put her with Ross Buckton and wrote her and him into a corner with his Alzheimer. But he is long dead now, so she could have been brought back. To be honest I think she should have been brought back when he died, or at least when Charlie died instead of sending Ruby to the city for only a few episodes.

Edited by jodlebirger

The writers we have now are ****-poor and Cornelia knows this. After her last stint, I'm sure Cornelia realised that certain members on the writing and production team just aren't up to the job.

You got any evidence that this is what Cornelia is thinking?

I know you're not fond of the current writers and producers and fair enough you have a right to think like that. I certainly have my own criticism of them as well but until you provide any quotes or evidence that Cornelia has similar thoughts about the current production team then what your saying is purely speculative at best.

For what it's worth, I'd love to see her return! Morag is one of my favourite characters and she was brilliant in her all stints with the early to mid-2000s being her best stint on the show in my opinion.

• Like 1

Absolutely. I like there to be a pol on here where you have to vote for your 5 worse characters. I bet Andy would top a lot of peoples. There's no way they could write for Morag now. The dialogue she had in the 80s has never been surpassed.

Morag had moved from what she was in the eighties and nineties. There would have been no reason to write her like she was back then.

She developed away from being a charichatured villain in the 2000's. She became a great character in the 00's, still sharp but she was not that cartoonish and she was good at heart.

But I don't trust the writers to write her in a good way either, because the current writing style isn't good for any character.

But I think that the writing of Morag changed before the writing style of the show changed. I feel that Morag wasn't well written in the last half of 2008 and onwards. At least, she wasn't used to her potential when she was onscreen.

I think they did a mistake when they put her with Ross Buckton and wrote her and him into a corner with his Alzheimer. But he is long dead now, so she could have been brought back. To be honest I think she should have been brought back when he died, or at least when Charlie died instead of sending Ruby to the city for only a few episodes.

I was talking about how they wrote her character. I mean the script itself was better for Morag

She developed away from being a charichatured villain in the 2000's. She became a great character in the 00's, still sharp but she was not that cartoonish and she was good at heart.

I was talking about how they wrote her character. I mean the script itself was better for Morag. The words and language she used . And she was never characachure villian. she always had lots of dimensions in the 80s.

Edited by Blaxland 89

The writers we have now are ****-poor and Cornelia knows this. After her last stint, I'm sure Cornelia realised that certain members on the writing and production team just aren't up to the job.

I know you're not fond of the current writers and producers and fair enough you have a right to think like that. I certainly have my own criticism of them as well but until you provide any quotes or evidence that Cornelia has similar thoughts about the current production team then what your saying is purely speculative at best.

For what it's worth, I'd love to see her return! Morag is one of my favourite characters and she was brilliant in her all stints with the early to mid-2000s being her best stint on the show in my opinion.

I'm sorry, Jezz, I should have made it more clear just for you. :)

It is my opinion that this is what Cornelia thinks. Yes, it is me speculating. However, sometime around 2012 she have an interview to Digital Spy I think and she felt that the writers missed opportunities with Celia and Morag together. It was something along those lines. She has commented on the writing in the past too, as has Lyn Collingwood. They are both professionals and have never slagged off or insulted the writing room however!

Yes, it's time we saw Morag again. To think though that she was almost a regular in the mid 00s and now might as well not exist. It's a shame, we could do with more older characters. It's a show full of bland, arrogant young characters now, played by catalogue model actors.

• Like 1

For what it's worth, I'd love to see her return! Morag is one of my favourite characters and she was brilliant in her all stints with the early to mid-2000s being her best stint on the show in my opinion. I'm sorry, Jezz, I should have made it more clear just for you. :)

It is my opinion that this is what Cornelia thinks. Yes, it is me speculating. However, sometime around 2012 she have an interview to Digital Spy I think and she felt that the writers missed opportunities with Celia and Morag together. It was something along those lines. She has commented on the writing in the past too, as has Lyn Collingwood. They are both professionals and have never slagged off or insulted the writing room however!

Yes, it's time we saw Morag again. To think though that she was almost a regular in the mid 00s and now might as well not exist. It's a shame, we could do with more older characters. It's a show full of bland, arrogant young characters now, played by catalogue model actors.

Well I think they are good actors.

You can be both you know!.

For what it's worth, I'd love to see her return! Morag is one of my favourite characters and she was brilliant in her all stints with the early to mid-2000s being her best stint on the show in my opinion. I'm sorry, Jezz, I should have made it more clear just for you. :)

Thank you for clarifying LOTB!

Yes I'm well aware of the interviews implying that she wasn't overly impressed with the small amount of scenes she was shooting but of course they weren't explicit criticisms for obvious reasons as Cornelia is a true professional in her job as you said.

At least we somehow find common ground in that we both want to see Morag return to the show sooner rather than later.