Morag Bellingham - Cornelia Frances

emmasi

Morag is long overdue a visit back to the Bay!

I never understood why she wasn't brought back when Roo was seriously ill in hospital earlier this year after contracting a virus in South America. She was in hospital a while and really was expecting Morag to return to support Alf.

The fabulous Cornelia Frances is just SO underrated.

Edited by DialMforMorag
  • Like 1

Great news! Love her character

What news??? No one has said that she is returning.... Only that they are missing her, and she has been gone for far too long.

I have a creepy feeling that we have seen the last of Morag. I don't think the actress is interested in returning, and I think that the writers is not interested in having her back on the show either.

I will be very surprised if she ever comes back, especially if she is coming back for more than a wedding or a birthday.

She made a slight parting shot at the writers last time she appeared.

Either they took it personally (very likely) or Cornelia just doesn't wish to be associated with what Home and Away has turned into.

I truly believe Cornelia Frances would return to Home and Away at any time when asked. She'd be crazy to rule out a return appearance.

I do believe it's down to either Lucy Addario (Producer) or Louise Bowes (Script Producer)/the current writing team. Most likely to be Lucy as people have mentioned this before - Lucy came in then Morag pretty much became a background character. It'll be nearly 2 years soon without Morag... I really do hope this won't continue. I wonder how long Lucy will be with the show? She has certainly made it very youth orientated/the Braxton show. Home and Away was much better when Camron Welsh (a good friend of Cornelia by the way) was the producer of the show till he left in 2012.

I do know that Cornelia was involved in the AOP (Australian Orangutan Project) a fair bit last year but this year she has done nothing within the media...

BRING BACK MORAG!

Great news! Love her character

What news??? No one has said that she is returning.... Only that they are missing her, and she has been gone for far too long.

I have a creepy feeling that we have seen the last of Morag. I don't think the actress is interested in returning, and I think that the writers is not interested in having her back on the show either.

I will be very surprised if she ever comes back, especially if she is coming back for more than a wedding or a birthday.

With the clowns who are now running the show I wouldn't expect it either, all they can be relied on for is ****ty story lines, love triangles and continious bad boys coming into the bay.

• Like 2

I said a while ago on another post that it is highly unlikely we will see Cornelia back in the programme anytime soon.

It is a shame as the way the built Morag up again from 2004 to 2008 was very good and lengthy stints too. After 2008 her appearances were less and the stint to cover Ray Meagher's absence was not the Morag we all knew an loved; she was a background character.

It looks like Lucy Addario is like Posie Jacobs. Posie Jacobs axed Cornelia from Sons and Daughters; a role where Cornelia as Barbara Hamilton had a long-term regular stint slightly longer than her original stint as Morag as a permanent character; however Posie axed her along with another list of popular characters.

Home and Away has always had a mixture of core young and mature characters; even here in the UK Hollyaoks has a young cast but has older characters too.

It is time for someone to actually make Seven look at what is happening and say; have a mix and bring back Cornelia and other mature actors.

I know for a fact that the younger actors like Cornelia; well they did the ones that are still there.

• 3 weeks later...

lol Nasty_robinson, I think I subconsciously saw your name under this topic on the main page and it made me post in a Home and Away/Neighbours crossover thread about how awesome it would be if Paul Robinson met Morag Bellingham :lol:

But yeah, while I'm in here, bring back Morag! And a few more characters past their 30s WOULD be nice.