Morag Bellingham - Cornelia Frances

emmasi

Given there have been rumours that Dan Bennett has returned to Home and Away, this could be hopeful news of a Morag return. Cornelia and Dan are great friends. Dan definitely used Cornelia's character, Morag, to her full potential during Dan's Home and Away era.

We'll most probably won't see Morag just yet. I believe a new storyline including Alf and Roo needs to develop in order to see an entrance for Morag. Alf and Roo are the only 2 current characters that Morag has proper connections with. It'd be awesome if Colleen and Celia could also return but I doubt it would work with focusing on each characters stories. Unless Morag was to return with Martha or Fisher or Ruby, etc, could potentially work.

So in conclusion, I'd give another year tops to let Dan Bennett turn Home and Away around. Get rid of all these beautiful faces and sexy bodies and inject some proper "Home and Away", family orientated drama into the show then we could potentially see Morag in 2016??

If this doesn't work. I guess we could just wait till 2018 for Home and Away's 30th and HOPE that it has changed itself around by then and brings back legendary characters for the anniversary -- including our very own Morag.

Cornelia's son Lawrence posted a picture on instagram of them both on Christmas Eve, he commented "If I could give her a Christmas gift it would be to be back on Home and Away. She so gently mentioned that this eve"...

Why would we want that to happen? The show would be boring without some young, pretty and sexy characters to look at :)

• Like 1

Given there have been rumours that Dan Bennett has returned to Home and Away, this could be hopeful news of a Morag return. Cornelia and Dan are great friends. Dan definitely used Cornelia's character, Morag, to her full potential during Dan's Home and Away era.

We'll most probably won't see Morag just yet. I believe a new storyline including Alf and Roo needs to develop in order to see an entrance for Morag. Alf and Roo are the only 2 current characters that Morag has proper connections with. It'd be awesome if Colleen and Celia could also return but I doubt it would work with focusing on each characters stories. Unless Morag was to return with Martha or Fisher or Ruby, etc, could potentially work.

So in conclusion, I'd give another year tops to let Dan Bennett turn Home and Away around. Get rid of all these beautiful faces and sexy bodies and inject some proper "Home and Away", family orientated drama into the show then we could potentially see Morag in 2016??

If this doesn't work. I guess we could just wait till 2018 for Home and Away's 30th and HOPE that it has changed itself around by then and brings back legendary characters for the anniversary -- including our very own Morag.

Cornelia's son Lawrence posted a picture on instagram of them both on Christmas Eve, he commented "If I could give her a Christmas gift it would be to be back on Home and Away. She so gently mentioned that this eve"...

Why would we want that to happen? The show would be boring without some young, pretty and sexy characters to look at :)

Are you purposely trying to set yourself up for a negative reaction?

If people get bored when there's not a sexy body to look at, then they're viewing the wrong sort of media entirely.

But anyway, back to topic....

If people get bored when there's not a sexy body to look at, then they're viewing the wrong sort of media entirely.

Sorry

I´m afraid Morag is never gonna come back to the show, it just seems like they have forgotten about her ):

Edited by Jacklost

I was thinking back to the time when Ross got arrested for murdering Charlie's rapist. At the very least, this was a cop-out so that it could all be swept under the carpet off-screen.

But more-so the way Morag was written was awful. She barely reacted to this news and was quickly rushed out of the show minutes after this was revealed. Her Alzheimer's suffering husband went out and committed a murder - this should have been a massive blow to Morag. It could have involved some really emotional and powerful material for Cornelia to play. But she hardly blinked. And with her being a judge, we could have had a powerful storyline with her fighting tooth-and-nail to make sure he wasn't convicted for his crime due to his condition. But we never saw any of that. We have no idea what happened, and the writers weren't in the least bit interested either, because the next time we saw Morag, Ross has conveniently died off-screen, meaning they never had to explain any of it. There's no way I could have believed Bevan Lee or even Dan Bennett writing Morag in such a feeble, non-important way.

And then what happened after Ross' convenient death? She came back to the Bay to heal, but I think there was one scene of her crying, followed by months of her folding sheets at the caravan park and doing very little else. Since then there's really been very little interest shown in Morag by the writers and I'm not surprised, since they clearly demonstrated they can't actually write for her.

This is not the Morag who blossomed as a character throughout the 00s. The writers completely dropped the ball with her, and so much time has passed, I don't know she can be redeemed, certainly not by the current team.

Edited by beau_t
  • Like 2

Sorry

I´m afraid Morag is never gonna come back to the show, it just seems like they have forgotten about her ):

I do believe, she's going to cone back at some point. She's been mentioned not very long time ago. Now Pippa returning is another story.

I have always thought it was a mistake to put her with Ross back in 2008. She had a lot of good things going on in the Bay, and then she met him, got married, he got alzheimers and then they disappeared.

I would have liked her to stay single, or be with Ross but without the alzheimer. To much was thrown towards the Buckton family in a very short time. It kind of destroyed the characters.

And I think Morag never became the same.

It was also a shame that we didn't see more of her after Charlie's death. She could have come back to the bay to take care of Ruby (and be with her brother and niese).

I have always thought it was a mistake to put her with Ross back in 2008. She had a lot of good things going on in the Bay, and then she met him, got married, he got alzheimers and then they disappeared.

I agree, although I don't think the mistake was putting her with Ross. IIRC it was Bevan Lee that wrote that storyline, and I'm sure had he stayed on, he would have had Morag and Ross as integral characters, even if they were recurring. It was after he left that the next team of writers gave Ross altzeimers and wrote them out.

• Like 1

We need Morag back with a credible storyline; maybe a long-term storyline that keeps her there over several months like we have had in the past.

I am sure if the writers wanted to they could find a semi-regular role for Cornelia where she comes and goes; with only little gaps that way it is a welcome return for her or even have her take over a property in the bay where we see her regularly.

• 1 month later...

I agree, although I don't think the mistake was putting her with Ross. IIRC it was Bevan Lee that wrote that storyline, and I'm sure had he stayed on, he would have had Morag and Ross as integral characters, even if they were recurring. It was after he left that the next team of writers gave Ross altzeimers and wrote them out.

I remember reading an interview with Cornelia during the era her character and Ross were together. She said something along the lines of asking the producer/script-writers to bring in a love interest for Morag, even suggesting David Downer to come in and play Ross.

They clearly accepted Cornelia's request, but the writing was terrible.