Morag Bellingham - Cornelia Frances

emmasi

On 11. januar 2015 at 10:00 AM, Red Ranger 1 said:

Her longest absence was eight years, between 1993 and 2001.A quick look at IMDb shows no credits since her last HA stint, and no non-HA credits since 2008, but I find it's not always reliable when it comes to Australian series so I'm not sure.

The first time i saw her on the show after i started watching it from the late 2001 episodes was when Alf came back to the dinner and Morag was cooking food in the dinner, or that may have been when he saw Celia´s ghost, i think both these scenes where kinda similar in consideration of returns

Wait, wasn´t it in 1994 Bobby died? I remember hearing Morag still was there then or am i mistaken?

On 11. januar 2015 at 0:47 PM, Jezz said:

I´m starting to think that Cornelia har maybe retired, that would explain why she hasn´t been seen on the show for 2 years, 2 years is the longest break she has had from the show since she came back in 2002. Back then it had been like 12 years since she last was in the show right?

No one knows for certain.

Cornelia may have retired or maybe she hasn't been asked by the producers or TPTB to reprise her role on the show since her last appearance. It's pure speculation at best.

The actress turns 74 this year i believe which makes her almost as old as the Colleen actress was when she retired which was at age 75/76. Wow, i just can´t believe she has gotten that old, i never though she was that old in the show, i got really shocked when i googled her a few years ago and saw the numbers 1941 O: That even makes her 8 years older than her late Home and Away husband Ross (The actor i mean) but i assume she is younger in the show? I´m to focused on actor and actresses age for some reason :P

Edited by Jacklost

Actor and character ages can vary in years. Morag is about 6 or 7 years younger than Cornelia. I always feel Morag looked the age the actress was when she first appeared in 1988, 47 if Cornelia was born 1941. I did read once that Morag was born in 1948 making her 40 in 1988 but as discussed on the Neighbours forum, lots of people aged 40 dressed and acted like they were 50. Madge in Neighbours was 43 in 1986 but looked about 50.

Bobby died in 1993: Morag wasn't around at the time (she left in 1989) but she came back for the funeral and the aftermath.Morag's younger than Alf, who seems to have been born in 1945 these days, so yeah, she must be younger than Cornelia Frances.

Wow, i remember Alf calling Morag his big sister, i must have remembered wrong then

Actor and character ages can vary in years. Morag is about 6 or 7 years younger than Cornelia. I always feel Morag looked the age the actress was when she first appeared in 1988, 47 if Cornelia was born 1941. I did read once that Morag was born in 1948 making her 40 in 1988 but as discussed on the Neighbours forum, lots of people aged 40 dressed and acted like they were 50. Madge in Neighbours was 43 in 1986 but looked about 50.

Well even if she is younger than her character im glad they picked her for the role, i love her character! I loved the time she was around during 2011 and 2012 and had a lot of interaction with the characters like the Braxtons and Romeo

Bobby died in 1993: Morag wasn't around at the time (she left in 1989) but she came back for the funeral and the aftermath.Morag's younger than Alf, who seems to have been born in 1945 these days, so yeah, she must be younger than Cornelia Frances.

Wow, i remember Alf calling Morag his big sister, i must have remembered wrong then

Maybe he was referring to Colleen however I don't remember that!

After all Colleen did blurt out in hysterics that she was Alf and Morag's 'big sister' after it was revealed that they were half-siblings in 2008.

Maybe he was referring to Colleen however I don't remember that!

After all Colleen did blurt out in hysterics that she was Alf and Morag's 'big sister' after it was revealed that they were half-siblings in 2008.

Maybe, but then the writers had certainly forgotten that Morag and Colleen were in the same class.

• 2 months later...

Given there have been rumours that Dan Bennett has returned to Home and Away, this could be hopeful news of a Morag return. Cornelia and Dan are great friends. Dan definitely used Cornelia's character, Morag, to her full potential during Dan's Home and Away era.

We'll most probably won't see Morag just yet. I believe a new storyline including Alf and Roo needs to develop in order to see an entrance for Morag. Alf and Roo are the only 2 current characters that Morag has proper connections with. It'd be awesome if Colleen and Celia could also return but I doubt it would work with focusing on each characters stories. Unless Morag was to return with Martha or Fisher or Ruby, etc, could potentially work.

So in conclusion, I'd give another year tops to let Dan Bennett turn Home and Away around. Get rid of all these beautiful faces and sexy bodies and inject some proper "Home and Away", family orientated drama into the show then we could potentially see Morag in 2016??

If this doesn't work. I guess we could just wait till 2018 for Home and Away's 30th and HOPE that it has changed itself around by then and brings back legendary characters for the anniversary -- including our very own Morag.

Cornelia's son Lawrence posted a picture on instagram of them both on Christmas Eve, he commented "If I could give her a Christmas gift it would be to be back on Home and Away. She so gently mentioned that this eve"...