Rachel/Tony

Cal

Why thank you :lol:

just before tony entered rachel was being so strong and as soon as she seen tony she broke down - that made me all teary too!

and when tony confessed i was blubbering a fair bit too

I loved that! The fact that she was in doctor mode and being strong yet the second Tony walked in she just broke down crying. It proves how much she depends on him and needs him to be strong for her, which we finally saw yesterday :) I presume from yesterday's episode that she is going to forgive him? I know she said they had a lot of talking to do but she's willing to try, it proves how much she loves him. Aww :wub::lol:

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we will need alot of Tachel talking before there will be any happy Tachel times at the moment. I really hope we see them happy again before the baby is born, but honestly I'm not sure that we will. I mean, it cant be that much longer untill the baby is due and it seems like they are going to have alot to talk about before Rachel can forgive and work past what happened, but the fact she is wanting to is great. :D Maybe though, once the baby is born they will concentrate on looking after him best they can and be able to get past all that has happened.

Edited by Danni02

Yeah i agree. I hope it's not usual Home and Away style and a he's fine again in a few episodes. Although he did seem to get some real closure yesterday and that's such a good sign. And i'm sure now he'll be making a real effort with Rachel, it's the least she deserves. Sometimes a huge shock like that can suddenly change a person.

Tony explained why he didn't want to tell her about Angelo and i think he was justified. I don't know how to make it any clearer. He lost his son. That's without a doubt the worst thing that can happen to anyone, yet Rachel stood by him and supported him unconditionally, something Tony himself acknowledged. In fact he said she was the one who made him realise he could be happy again and have a life without Jack, which i think was really touching. When someone is so consumed by grief, it's usually the person they're closest too they can't open up too.

Apart from that Tony and Rachel have had excellent communication, and always tell each other when they have problems/issues etc. That was proven yesterday when he pretty much opened up to her about everything. And before Jack they didn't really have any problems, apart from the baby issue which they discussed.

Anyways, Laura pretty much said it all, and this has been said a hundred times. I don't know why the same thing keeps coming up.

Yesterday i hope is the beginning of a new chapter for Tachel. It seems Tony is finally ready to move past what has happened, and i have no doubt Rachel will be there and it won't be long before we see Tony in a better place. I hope now we can see him being the Tony we want him to be :lol: And im excited about the baby's birth, which must be their next big storyline. :D

Edited by KirstyEkua

just before tony entered rachel was being so strong and as soon as she seen tony she broke down - that made me all teary too!

and when tony confessed i was blubbering a fair bit too

I loved that! The fact that she was in doctor mode and being strong yet the second Tony walked in she just broke down crying. It proves how much she depends on him and needs him to be strong for her, which we finally saw yesterday :) I presume from yesterday's episode that she is going to forgive him? I know she said they had a lot of talking to do but she's willing to try, it proves how much she loves him. Aww :wub::lol:

Yeah, I loved it too :wub:

They have a lot to talk about, Rachel said it too, but they'll work it out. We saw how much she needs Tony and how much she loves him, so I'm sure that they will be okay. And it's only good thing that Tony told Rachel right away, when she came to hospital, what had happened. If he would've told later, it wouldn't be good thing for sure. I'm really waiting to see happy Tachel. I would love to see them talking and talking and then Rachel forgives before the birth and they'll be one happy cute family. :)

The problem though is not entirely Tony's. Rachel has to ask herself why, despite all her offers, Tony didn't feel able to confide in her. There are real issues in that relationship.

That's what I've noticed too, if Rachel and Tony have such great communication in their relationship then why didn't Tony feel comfortable with sharing with feelings, Rachel saw it was getting to a point where it was affecting his daily life. I believe that their relationship has been like this even before Jack's death, but hey thats just my opinion....that's all I say for now at the risk of having my head biten off.

You're entitled to say what you think and I might have agreed with you had Tony confided in somebody else. But the fact is, he wanted to cope with it on his own because like he said last night, he didn't want to burden her with it. When the wedding occured he felt he had moved on and maybe when Angelo came back and all his anger came back he was afraid to admit it to Rachel because everything was perfect between them and he didn't want to ruin things. It's not like he confided in somebody else because he trusted them more than Rachel, he didn't talk to anybody.

I think the stuff in bold is an excellent point. He kept everything bottled up inside and didn't let anyone in. That was what he felt he needed to do at the time I guess. Whether he should have done that or not is another story but I don't think him not discussing it with Rachel is a reflection on their relationship as a whole.

Jack dying has had a huge impact on his personality and in a way he isn't quite the same man Rachel fell in love with, so Rachel did have point. But it's normal for people to change slightly when events happen in their life, whether they be bad or good. I'm sure Tony can get back to being the person he wants to be he and Rachel will get back on track. Their lives will be changing dramatically soon anyway with the addition to the family! :P

As far as their communication goes.... it was good in the beginning but there have been some blips along the way so I don't think it has been fantastic. It can be improved and I would like this incident to bring them closer together and for the writers to write their relationship a little better too. I know they've been through a lot but the whole shutting the other out thing is getting a bit old now.

Couples shouldn't play "Guess what's in my head": Rachel put herself out there to help Tony and if he couldn't do the same, he needed to communicate to her what she could do so he would feel as if he could - not shut her out and keep her guessing. I really think Rachel did everything she could and it was Tony who fell way short of the line, no excuses.

Edited by Julez

I just think they were both in a very difficult situation and there's no right or wrong way to deal with things. Rachel did make every effort to try and get him to open up, but he didn't want to talk to anyone, so it wasn't like he just couldn't open up to her. And at times she did pressure him a bit too much but it's very difficult to emotionally detatch yourself from the person you love most in the world.

When Rachel's mum died she bottled it up as well and didn't talk to Kim about it. Grief affects us all in different ways and i guess the most important thing is that Tony and Rachel managed to get through it together. Although there's been times when the writers have really messed up, the strength of their relationship has always been shown and that's a nice change from the usual 'on again, off again' senario we're used too with so many other couples.

I truely hope this is the beginning of the end for Tony's grief. Although i enjoyed the build up i don't think they finsihed it particulary well. Rachel had been having mild contractions, was bleeding, had been put on bed rest and was told to take it easy, yet her husband telling her he nearly murdered someone didn't have any physcial effect on her. :rolleyes: That would shock anyone, nevermind a 7 month pregnant woman.

And im still stunned as to how they so badly messed up Jack and Tony's age. It's not difficult to keep track and it's actually quite embarrasing for them that such a huge mistake has been made.

Yeah, Kirsty made a very good point. It's true that Rachel was totally different person when her mum died and Kim was missing. She drank and was violent. Well, good that Tony didn't end up drinking. :D

Sometimes Rachel maybe pushed too hard Tony, but it was only to help him. She had so hard times too and needed him, it's really understandable. Tony told sometimes things that he regreted, but eventually it's gonna be fine now, well, I hope so. Tony needs help, he admits it (don't remember that he's admit it after Jack's death before), so it's really good start.

Rachel took it all so good, she wasn't so angry and didn't yell and told him that she doesn't forgive him or something like that. Of course she was mad, but after she said that they need to talk and talk much, I knew everything is gonna be okay :)

Yeah, Lily, maybe you're right. If he would have said anything earlier, then the wake-up call woudln't have been so effective. Anyway, it seems like everything what has happened, has pushed them only good way and they'll get over it eventually.