Rachel/Tony

Cal

well i was expecting some interesting tachel time - but 2 episodes - that is really poor

Just wanted to comment on this quote crazylazy put in Tachel spoilers.

I definetely agree. As much as I'm very grateful for the screentime Tachel got in Tuesday's episode (trust me, us Tachel fans don't take it for granted :P) I am really disappointed with the aftermath of it all. Tony attempted to murder somebody, has an apparent wake-up call and yet nearly a week later we still haven't heard them talk about it or discuss how it affected both him and Rachel and what this means for their marriage. Yes I'm sure Rachel will forgive him but I don't think "weve got a lot of talking to do" is a very good closure to the storyline and I didn't think much of Tony's apology either to be honest. Yer he said sorry and he explained what was going through his mind but he didn't give Rachel a very good explanation as to why he has practically ignored her ever since Angelo came back. I know Jon said in tv week that

the reason Tony backed away from the baby was because he felt guilty for being so excited, like he was betraying Jack but it would be nice to actually see him tell Rachel that, it would explain a lot to her.

(I've put it in spoiler tags just in case they do discuss this in their next set of scenes) Unfortunately it's a key thing with the writers and Tachel, they tell us a lot of the time what's happening in their relationship rather than actually showing it.

I do however admit that a big talk/relationship development could be to come so I will hold off judging too much until the next time we see them on screen...I'm not holding out much hope though.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It does appear the storyline is pretty much over and i too am disappointed with how it ended. This always seems to happen with Tachel, they build it up so well but then end it so abruptly.

I don't like Tony's attitude sometimes. He is very quick to feel sorry for himself and doesn't seem to realise what he's been putting Rachel through. I thought all their hospital scenes were excellent until he said: 'I can understand if you can't forgive me,' etc. He did the same after the whole OC mess. Of course i understand he's been through hell and i do get why he would want revenge, it's a natural instinct to what to lash out like that, but i don't think they handled this very well at all. Tony really needed to tell Rachel about why he's been pushing her away, ignoring her, not wanting to spend time with her etc. She deserves that at the very least.

Although like everything i guess we're supposed to figure out they had their talk off screne. :rolleyes:

Now though i just want to see Tony happy again, and supporting and looking after Rachel. I do not want to see her worrying about him again, or stressing because of his behaviour. She's 7 months pregnant and the wish the writers would write that a little more realistically. They've made it clear how much Tony cares etc, they really need to start showing it.

i am guessing we will see something about in Thursday and Fridays episode, but if not... then this is seriously dissapointing.

in the promo he did say

do you realise how much of a fool i feel?

i think that has something to do with it.

and i actually liked that he said that he would understand if she couldnt forgive him, because then he gave her a choice and it showed that he knew that he had done something unforgiveable.

i hope we see something about him getting counseling, cause he said he wanted to get help, and i belive that with help that was what he ment?

I totally agree with everything that you have said, Kirsty and Laura.

I seems to me that a lot of the talking and that seems to happen offscreen and unfortunately it does present other questions which would explain why some of the other Home and Away fans seem to believe that there isn't a lot of trust, etc because we don't see the development in their relationship onscreen.

It is extremely disappointing that it seems like things have been left at that hospital and that there may not be any further development. After such a big issue like that in a married couple who are due to become a family in a couple of months, you would at least expect there to be continuing D&M's so that they can work things out together before their son arrives.

Hopefully we do get to see Tachel making the most of the time left that they have as just the 2 of them, and that they are able to create an environment which is just right for bubs.

I think the

whole fool thing is to do with Martha/Hugo

I think that's what he meant too Holden but i doubt we'll see it. A lot of Tachel's 'talks' happen off screne. There was no doubt she was going to forgive him, but i'd have liked to see him explain things to her more, and tell her how he was really feeling. She's been pushed away and neglected for most of her pregnancy and it's not fair on her.

I am glad though that Tony seems to have found some sort of closure and hope this is the start of a new chapter for them. One good thing is that this drama proves the strength of their relationship, that they've been able to come through this.

I think the

whole fool thing is to do with Martha/Hugo

I think that's what he meant too Holden but i doubt we'll see it. A lot of Tachel's 'talks' happen off screne. There was no doubt she was going to forgive him, but i'd have liked to see him explain things to her more, and tell her how he was really feeling. She's been pushed away and neglected for most of her pregnancy and it's not fair on her.

I am glad though that Tony seems to have found some sort of closure and hope this is the start of a new chapter for them. One good thing is that this drama proves the strength of their relationship, that they've been able to come through this.

neh, i want it to be about it :lol: i will belive so until i see something else

if this had been about Adelle then no doubt it would be plenty of drama in the aftermath, not that i want alot of drama but it would be good to have a atleast something. sometimes i dont think the writers realise how popular Tachel actually are.. but i wont judge them to early , we never know whats to come :)

i did think it was cute how Tony said in last Tuesday episode that Rachel was the reason he realised he could have a life without Jack :wub: aww.. thats why i love him. even if does the stupiest things at times :P

Me too Holden but if you read the

spoilers then it is almost certainly about Martha/Hugo, as he tries to set Hugo and Charlie up before he see's him with Martha. And he's wearing a shirt becasue they're (Rachel and Tony) at a party at the diner with Martha and Hugo.

I liked that too, it was a lovely thing for him to say and says so much about what she means to him.

I guess their next big storyline will be the baby's birth. I'm so excited about that :D

i guess all my hope is gone then... i do think its pathetic if its nothing about it, but i guess i just have to wait and see :)

I am looking forward to the babys birth too, for once a HAPPY storyline for Tachel :D i have a picture in my mind about how it will be, but i doubt it will be like that. no doubt it wil be cute tough :wub:

when is it she is gonna have the baby anyway? i want it to be NOW!!!

i am a bit disspointed to that Tachel havent had a scene since last tuesday and i would have really liked to have seen them talking about like Rachel said they needed to do. Unless they have a talk later in the week? but i doubt it.

At least now everything is sorted and Tony has realised what he has done and he is getting through Jack's death. I hope he starts concentrating on Rachel a bit more.

Kirsty how did you know

that Tony was dressed up because there is a party at the diner?

have I missed some spoilers :lol:

I cant wait till the baby's birth either it shouldnt be too long :)

Edited by steff99

^^We were pretty much guessing but in the

Charlie's upcoming romance thread there is a comment that some people on the official site have seen leaked clip of Tony/Rachel, Martha/Hugo Kirsty/Miles at a dinner party and Tony suggests Hugo as a partner for Charlie. Seeing as Tony has a lovely lilac shirt on in the promo on Friday we figured this could be when the scene takes place, so Tony suggests Hugo for Charlie, then finds out Hugo and Martha are together and that's why he tells Rachel(?) that he feels like a fool.

I'm still really disappointed there's been no follow up with one of the biggest issues Tachel have ever had to deal with as a couple but I guess it's one of those things I'll have to accept, I'm hoping for some nice happy normal family scenes between them now!