Rachel/Tony

Cal

Tony lost his son. That i think goes a long way to explain why he couldn't get excited about a new baby, even though he desperately wanted to be. After the Angelo stuff Tony seems a lot happier, at the dinner party he was all excited when the bub kicked and he kept making sure Rach was okay and told her to relax and stuff. And before Jack died they were both delioursly happy about it.

Umm Rachel actually went out of her way to try and help him get over his anger with Angelo. And it was mentioned a few times how much they talked about it. She's done nothing but be supportive through an awful time and she doesn't get enough credit for that. So many times she could have walked away and it would have been acceptable for her to do so - but she didn't. That more than anything proves how much she loves him and just how strong their marriage is.

I think Rachel and Tony have too much of a life outside their marriage. Rachel has close friends and her job, Tony his jobs, footie training etc. That's all great and important of course, but i miss them :lol:

Anyways, the shower was nice and i like how Rach mentioned Tony and stuff, but it would have been nice to see them talking. Hoepfully we'll get some Tachel soon, it's been too long :lol:

They're finally both in a nice, happy place and that's really great :)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tony lost his son. That i think goes a long way to explain why he couldn't get excited about a new baby, even though he desperately wanted to be. After the Angelo stuff Tony seems a lot happier, at the dinner party he was all excited when the bub kicked and he kept making sure Rach was okay and told her to relax and stuff. And before Jack died they were both delioursly happy about it.

While I do feel for Tony because I am still grieving for Jack... it doesnt explain why Rachel acts like he doesnt care about her because even though she tried to help him get over his anger, she couldnt accept that her way of trying to get over it might not the way that he wanted to try and get over her. In some cases I think Tony isnt as committed to the marriage as Rachel because she is too overbearing.

I think Rachel and Tony have too much of a life outside their marriage. Rachel has close friends and her job, Tony his jobs, footie training etc. That's all great and important of course, but i miss them :lol:

I dont think thats true because I hardly see Rachel out with Martha or Leah or in the diner enjoying herself. All I have seen is her trying to get Tony away from the gym and with her, thats not healthy. The only scene where I felt for Rachel was when Tony snapped about Rachel mentioning Jack as a possible middle name. That was the only time I feel she took Tony's feelings into consideration. If I come across as too strong, then I apologise.

Yep :) I think originally it could have been seen that Rachel was pushing Tony way too much to cope but when Angelo came back she realised she had to let him deal with it in his own way and she even told him "whatever you decide to do (with Angelo) I'll support you" She also told him a couple of weeks ago that she didn't expect him to pretend like everything's ok so I don't personally feel that she was pushing him to get over it. She even defended him against Alf and Martha when they had a go about the amount of time he was spending with Angelo.

I agree that I'd like there to be more scenes with Tony & Rachel, too often we just hear that Rachel and Tony have been discussing things, like Rachel mentioning that she's told Tony of her fears at becoming a Mum and he's told her she'll be fine, yet we hardly ever see it on screen. Rachel's too busy being hounded by other people wanting relationship advice, particularly Martha of late.

The past few weeks with Tony and Rachel have been a lot better, but my view is of a general view. While I will never love them in the same capacity as I do for JM and Adelle. I have a lot of respect for them. Tony is the only person at the moment that is begininng to annoy me because he isnt as dedicated, on the other Rachel; is doing all she can to make the relationship work and thats the unbearable part for me.

He annoys me too sometimes :P

But he is dedicated, that's plain to see, especially now he's found some closure. His lost his child and for that reason i'll never be able to blame him for his behaviour. I guess Rachel is trying so hard because she doesn't want to loose him. I don't think their relationship has ever been in serious trouble - it has more been about Tony not coping with a tragic event. When someone you love is in so much pain, you do everything you can to help them.

And now he's the one trying to make it up to her, like he said last week :)

Looking forward to the baby coming and Tachel being a little family. It's going to be lovely to see Rachel with her own child, and Tony with a baby :wub:

While I do feel for Tony because I am still grieving for Jack... it doesnt explain why Rachel acts like he doesnt care about her because even though she tried to help him get over his anger, she couldnt accept that her way of trying to get over it might not the way that he wanted to try and get over her. In some cases I think Tony isnt as committed to the marriage as Rachel because she is too overbearing.

I dont think thats true because I hardly see Rachel out with Martha or Leah or in the diner enjoying herself. All I have seen is her trying to get Tony away from the gym and with her, thats not healthy. The only scene where I felt for Rachel was when Tony snapped about Rachel mentioning Jack as a possible middle name. That was the only time I feel she took Tony's feelings into consideration. If I come across as too strong, then I apologise.

i actually one of the few times i have thought Rachel was annoying :lol:

as for Tony and Rachel, i have to agree with you that sometimes Rachel is a little over the top and Tony is a little.....under the top ( no one say that do they?). But i can understand them. Rachel has always been a mother , just without a child ( as Chandler so beautifully said about Monica in friends ) and then i can understand that when she first is pregnant she will be excited about it, and i think that is the main reason she has been so pushy, next too the fact that she love him and dont want too see him in so much pain. but then it is Tony, who has had his children in his life all his life, and they have always been the most important thing for him. and suddenly he loose one in a tragic accident, and the other one dosent even bother to come home . i have never thought Tony delibrety has hurt Rachel, but sometimes he does this stupid things without thinking about it. actually , before Angelo came back he was very happy, but he kinda ruined that. so yeah, i dont think anybody is in the wrong. it is just very ,very hard for them.

but i really like the way they are now, let us just hope they stays that way :D and then baby Tachel can come :wub:

He annoys me too sometimes :P

But he is dedicated, that's plain to see, especially now he's found some closure. His lost his child and for that reason i'll never be able to blame him for his behaviour. I guess Rachel is trying so hard because she doesn't want to loose him. I don't think their relationship has ever been in serious trouble - it has more been about Tony not coping with a tragic event. When someone you love is in so much pain, you do everything you can to help them.

And now he's the one trying to make it up to her, like he said last week :)

Looking forward to the baby coming and Tachel being a little family. It's going to be lovely to see Rachel with her own child, and Tony with a baby :wub:

He has found closure and for that reason. I hope it has a positive effect on Tachel :D

She found out in November, so it actually has been 9 months. I guess it seems longer because they usually shorten pregnancies on soaps, and they had her pretty big from around 4 months. :lol:

It seems like the longest pregnancy in tv history

I just dont want the next tachel storylines just about the baby like teaching it how to talk, walk or being a doctor