Rachel/Tony

Cal

Because Rachel and Tony are that bit older and most of the audience are younger they'll always prioritize the younger characters

I think that's a bit unfair, if they had an older couple there's nothing to say they couldn't be extremly popular. But yes it's true the audience probably is "young" but apparently there are young people who love Tachel, so can't a mature couple be really really popular.

I'm not saying they can't be popular - they are popular, and with a wide range of fans. They're also not the only older couple who've had a strong fanbase (I'm thinking Irene and Barry, Fisher and Marilyn, even Sally and Flynn were more mature than a lot of the couples). What I meant was that there's always a couple of the moment on the show, who are invariably given bigger storylines and more screen time, and that couple are always young. Aden and Belle are currently that couple so they get the biggest share of the pie, but Rachel and Tony have proved themselves to have a big following so they're now getting more to do too.

Edited by claire_louise

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not saying they can't be popular - they are popular, and with a wide range of fans. They're also not the only older couple who've had a strong fanbase (I'm thinking Irene and Barry, Fisher and Marilyn, even Sally and Flynn were more mature than a lot of the couples). What I meant was that there's always a couple of the moment on the show, who are invariably given bigger storylines and more screen time, and that couple are always young. Aden and Belle are currently that couple so they get the biggest share of the pie, but Rachel and Tony have proved themselves to have a big following so they're now getting more to do too.

I definetely agree with you. I've noticed Tony and Rachel have had a lot more screentime lately

and have huge storylines coming up in the next few weeks

I wonder if this is just a temporary thing or whether the powers that be have underestimated Tachel's popularity as a couple and are therefore giving them more screentime?? I don't think Tachel ever will become on of the 'golden' couples of H&A for all the reasons you listed above but that's fine by me, I'd much rather they continue being portrayed as the couple who are consistently stable with the occasional huge storylines than constantly being thrown in people's faces and given drama after drama to deal with......saying that I'm not rejecting this sudden rush of Tachelness :lol:

Barbara - they say that doctors are the worst patients over here in the UK to :lol: Poor Dr Young couldn't sugarcoat Harry's APGAR score yesterday because she knew what it was, guess he had to be careful what he said!

We might find out Harry's full name at his christening, if we get one! Tony did promise one :lol: I hope the middle name is Jack, Harry Anthony Holden is a bit of a mouthful! And it's a nice tribute to Jack. Awww baby Harry :wub:

I have something to confess i've watch the episode about 5 times already.. I love it. :blush::blush:

You aren't the only one! I keep watching it, but skipping past the Belle and Aden parts. Harry's just so cute :wub: and so were Tony and Rachel when they were cooing over Harry :wub: Love it!

Haha same! I'm up to my 6th time now :)

Can I gently remind all posters of Forum Rule !

1) Please use correct spelling, punctuation and grammar (capital letters, full stops, etc) when posting. This makes your posts easier to understand and readable by all. We do not allow MSN style text speak.

I have something to confess i've watch the episode about 5 times already.. I love it.

You aren't the only one! I keep watching it, but skipping past the Belle and Aden parts. Harry's just so cute and so were Tony and Rachel when they were cooing over Harry.Love it!

Haha same! I'm up to my 6th time now.

Hehe i've watched way more than 6 times :blush::lol: I'm just so impressed with how it was all done. Normally births are so over the top and dramatic with the woman screaming her head off etc but this was pretty realistic and Amy was just fantastic. And Harry is the cutest soap baby ever :wub: I love seeing dad's with their babies and just seeing Tony so happy and thrilled with him was lovely to see. He was so proud of Rach too :wub:

One thing i thought was a little silly was when Tony first came into the room and is like, 'is she ok?' and Leah is all 'the baby is coming' well duh! :lol: I dont think she saw him come in becasue she just kinda grabbed onto him when he got to her, i guess she needed something to hold on too to help through her contraction.

Edited by KirstyEkua

I'm joining the I can't stop watching episode 4905 club!!!!

It was a fantastic episode, and the last week had to be the best week so far this year.

The "new" Holden family is just way too cute,and I hope we get lots of fluff scenes like that one we had on Friday :)

Kirsty- I totally agree with your Birth comment, it really was one of the most realistic birth scenes i've seen on tv.

The other thing I though was a little pointless was when Dr. Young was using the Doppler, and Leah turns away. Yet after the close up on his Face, Leah and Julie are watching it.

Edited by suzannelgnz

How adorable is Harry :wub:

Tony was amazing in today's eppy. He's so supportive and sweet and understanding of Rach. I love seeing them as a little family and dealing with things in a realistic way. Rach is acting exactly how a lot of first time mum's behave and i'm glad they're showing how difficult it can be having a newborn. I love they kept her in her pj's and dressing gown throughout the episode. And Tony being so relaxed and chilled is just awesome and i'm sure he'll help her muddle through. Bless him :wub:

It was wonderful seeing Tony with Harry. The scene where he picked him up and he stopped crying was so cute. Poor little boy just wanted a cuddle, hehe.

It's very cruel to throw a lawsuit on her when she has a 3 day old baby. It's just going to make her even more stressed and worried, poor Rach.