Belle/Aden

Cal

I loved them when they started their relationship, but now not so much. I think that after kidnapping things went a bit unrealistic.

Same here, I would imagine if my boyfriend kidnapped me, and the local doctor, and tried to kill his father in the process, I would never go near him again! :lol:

But I suppose, it must be true love! lol

I agree.I've never thought they made a good couple but before that incident I had actually started to accept them, to get used to seeing them together.But that should have pushed them past the point of no return.No matter how much she sympathised with him and understood why he did it, no sane person would ever take back someone who had treated her and other people like that.

I think it's because she saw, in the court, that he hadn't been in full state of mind that night, and that's the day that she realised it too;

the scene where she was quietly urging him onwards, to tell them all about his father, and he did - but using her as his emotional crutch, that was the turning point past his 'mad episode', I think - because that was the same episode where she told him in the diner that in the courtroom, she had seen "the guy she loves" - ie realising that she still loved him, and - should he return to himself, then he'd still be the same person she loved before -

I can't say that no sane person would take back anyone who had treated them like that, because if you look at women who are in abusive relationships, they love their partners so much that the majority of them will ALWAYS defend them saying, "oh, he didn't mean to beat me," or, "oh no, his hand slipped" etc <-- or, men who are being beaten by women. It's not always because there's a fear there, sometimes it's actually just because they love them so much that they can't see PAST the abuse....

So, for Belle, I believe that seeing Aden that night, when he held them hostage, was the first time she knew fear around him, and, realised that there was a whole depth to Aden that she had never known about. But, seeing him in the court, and, watching as he struggled to return to normality - attending his counseling sessions, accepting about Larry, going back to work etc - would have gradually made her realise too that it was just a passing event, because Aden had been at the brink of a nervous breakdown anyway with all the pressure -

And, nervous/mental breakdowns aren't things to be taken lightly, but they don't make people monsters either - not permanently anyway! :)

So, for me, I can entirely see why she took him back, and how she still loves him. But I do find it hard that Rachel forgave him - I mean, if it wasn't for Aden, she'd have been married for a couple of months now! So that seems a little unrealistic to me alright :)

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I loved them when they started their relationship, but now not so much. I think that after kidnapping things went a bit unrealistic.

Same here, I would imagine if my boyfriend kidnapped me, and the local doctor, and tried to kill his father in the process, I would never go near him again! :lol:

But I suppose, it must be true love! lol

I agree.I've never thought they made a good couple but before that incident I had actually started to accept them, to get used to seeing them together.But that should have pushed them past the point of no return.No matter how much she sympathised with him and understood why he did it, no sane person would ever take back someone who had treated her and other people like that.

I think it's because she saw, in the court, that he hadn't been in full state of mind that night, and that's the day that she realised it too;

the scene where she was quietly urging him onwards, to tell them all about his father, and he did - but using her as his emotional crutch, that was the turning point past his 'mad episode', I think - because that was the same episode where she told him in the diner that in the courtroom, she had seen "the guy she loves" - ie realising that she still loved him, and - should he return to himself, then he'd still be the same person she loved before -

I can't say that no sane person would take back anyone who had treated them like that, because if you look at women who are in abusive relationships, they love their partners so much that the majority of them will ALWAYS defend them saying, "oh, he didn't mean to beat me," or, "oh no, his hand slipped" etc <-- or, men who are being beaten by women. It's not always because there's a fear there, sometimes it's actually just because they love them so much that they can't see PAST the abuse....

So, for Belle, I believe that seeing Aden that night, when he held them hostage, was the first time she knew fear around him, and, realised that there was a whole depth to Aden that she had never known about. But, seeing him in the court, and, watching as he struggled to return to normality - attending his counseling sessions, accepting about Larry, going back to work etc - would have gradually made her realise too that it was just a passing event, because Aden had been at the brink of a nervous breakdown anyway with all the pressure -

And, nervous/mental breakdowns aren't things to be taken lightly, but they don't make people monsters either - not permanently anyway! :)

So, for me, I can entirely see why she took him back, and how she still loves him. But I do find it hard that Rachel forgave him - I mean, if it wasn't for Aden, she'd have been married for a couple of months now! So that seems a little unrealistic to me alright :)

Oh boy, I've given so many speeches on this subject, people are probably sick to death of it but here goes.Firstly, the reactions of other people are totally baffling.Rachel didn't just forgive him, she went out of the way to help him, working on the psych report and giving a glowing character reference in court(which somehow went unchallenged despite the fact that(a)a lot of it was rubbish and(b)not only had she never treated him, she's actually been banned from practising as a psychiatrist).I could understand Roman, Nicole and Morag supporting him because they had a relationship with him before, although I'd have expected them to make more of an effort to convince him he'd done wrong or have a few questions along the lines of "What was that all about?"The rest of the Bay, bar Matthew, never said a word to Aden about what he'd done.You'd expect them to be wary and even angry around him.Alf and Irene didn't like him beforehand and you'd expect them to like him even less but they practically welcomed him back with open arms.

But this is Aden and Belle's thread so...she took him back way before the trial and way before he made a token visit to Larry and ran out when things got difficult.When she went to see him at the station, that was the last time she reacted negatively about what he'd done.When Angelo came to the Diner to give her an update, she was concerned about the idea of Aden going to prison.Actually I can kind of understand that:They'd been close and, although she might not want to be near him, I can see why she wouldn't want anything to happen to him.

But then she went to the clinic.And even though he still didn't see anything wrong with what he'd done, she was firmly on his side, offering to support him as a friend.(Incidentally, there appears to be a cut scene in that episode of Belle visiting Larry, which may explain the about face.)Then, when she realised he'd seen her kissing Angelo, she went running to the clinic to explain and was disappointed he wouldn't see her, even though she'd made it clear they weren't together and so didn't really owe him an explanation.

When he came out of the clinic, she was back to taking a shirtless photo of him pretty quickly, when you'd think the way he treated her would have dampened down any "Phwoar!" instincts.Then Aden went back to work at the Diner.Just think about that for a second.Aden was out on bail, accused of a serious crime of which Belle was a victim.If you fast forward a few months, Aden's complaining about Angelo being out on bail for supposedly attacking Belle, even though he left the bar as soon as she walked in.It's normal in those circumstances to be instructed to stay away from anyone involved in the case.Aden was not only allowed to work with Belle, he was left alone with her and used the opportunity to criticise her for giving evidence, which is virtually interfering with a witness.Then he made a play for her in a manner that could be considered intimidating and you'd expect her to be a bit more afraid of him after seeing what he was capable of.When he responded to her rejection by quitting, instead of being relieved she went running after him to the development site(although that may have been more to do with her toxic waste obsession).She asked him to help with her investigation as though she'd forgotten what happened and covered for him when it seemed he'd vandalised Angelo's car.

Then during the trial, Belle frankly seemed to be acting in a self-deluded manner.She insisted Aden wouldn't have hurt her which just wasn't true, she said that at the time and he responded by manhandling her away from the door.The prosecutor even reminded her she'd said she was afraid for her safety and she pretended it didn't happen.Then, after it was all over, she told him she "always" knew this was who he really was, apparently forgetting that six months previous she hated him as much as everyone else.The fact that he responded by making a sarcastic comment about her and Angelo is the icing on the cake.Both before and after the trial, he frequently acted aggressively towards her and she just took it.

Maybe some women would react like that.But it's not as if it's the first time she saw him behaving in an unattractive manner:They'd been together two months at most, prior to which she'd known him for two years and only ever seen him as a bully.Maybe it's not completely unrealistic but it pretty much puts an end to any perception of Belle as a strong female character.Where Aden's concerned she's practically a doormat.

If Aden ever does get tired of Belle, then that'll be pretty selfish of him considering that she was there for him through all his problems! I highly doubt that that'll happen but Belles "clingy" phase was Aden's "angst/jealousy" phase when she was with Angelo. It wouldn't make any sense for him to leave her considering everything they did to get back together. (Sorry this should be in the Aden/Belle thread ).

Yes I agree, I think it woul be selfish of him. Since Belle was there to support him! Belle is starting to get very clingy but can you blame her, after all she's been through? I hope Aden doesnt get to close to Joey though.

i also agree that Aden would be selfish if he abandons Belle at her time of need after what she did for him, she even took him back after he kidnapped her, as for the new girl Joey, i smell trouble, if he cheats on Belle, i hope the writers to split them up for good becouse if they don't, adelle will never be the same again (i'm a massive adelle fan), they are the only reason i watch home and away at the moment.

I don't think relationships should be based on "you stuck by me through this, so i'll stick by you through your hard times as repayment" - it's just accepted that you support each other.

But, if Aden were to fall out of love with Belle, depending on how stable she was with her PTD at the time, I think I'd prefer for him to break up with her, rather than lead her on falsely.

And, Red Ranger, you put forward some valid points that I hadn't thought about before! :)

I do like Aden and Belle as a couple.. They have there moments which can get a bit Dull......

I just hope Aden Finds out about Belle's drug habit soon and helps her through it.. if he broke up with her because of her habit... she would get alot worse

But i dont think the script writers would actually break them up.. there would be alot of Adelle fans going off there nutter lol

And, Red Ranger, you put forward some valid points that I hadn't thought about before! :)

Thanks!I don't get that on this thread very often...

As for Aden standing by Belle, if, and I'm saying if, his feelings for her changed...well, I'm not really sure what he should do.Acting as though everything's fine and then breaking up with her as soon as she recovers wouldn't really work.The best thing to do would probably be to tell her how he was feeling but offer to be there for her as a friend(which he'd probably want to do).Which, depending on the state she was in at the time, she might not react well to but it's better than trying to force it and there are other people she can rely on, even if she might not realise it straightaway.

same, i only watch haa when adelle is on!

I read somewhere that Jessica has resigned her contract for another 3 years! (YAY!!)

however i think Todd only signed for 1 more year coz he wants to get into movies (NO!)

im scared...... i heard they break up again............... i dont know how reliable these facts are!!!

....... :unsure::unsure: