Belle/Aden

Cal

Some people have suggested that Aden and Belle are too co-dependant. Aden acted as if Belle was the only solution to all the problems stemming from his abuse and Belle now seems to be totally dependant on Aden to function in everyday life. This is probably true but aren't we all dependant on others when we are going through a rough patch? Wouldn't everybody normally rely on friends and family for support/help and look for safety and comfort in those people who are closest to them? I think it's only human. Aden and Belle's specific situations are extreme ones (abuse and post-traumatic stress) so I think it's only natural that consequently they end up depending on each other in an "extreme" way.

The amazing thing about human beings (most of us anyway) is that we can be there for people who need us, thus helping them to regain their inner strength and confidence and continue their journey through life standing on their own feet and not having to be too dependant on others any more.

In my opinion this is what is currently being portrayed in Aden and Belle's storylines and it's being done particularly well and realistically.

When the light at the end of the tunnel finally comes for them, I'd like to think that they will find themselves in an even stronger place because of how they helped each other go through the bad times.

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well obviously she can't do anything right at the moment...she does have Post traumatic stress.

Right now all she is thinking about is "herself." And the last thing the poor girl wants to do is to be alone, instead she would rather be with someone that she can rely on no matter how bad it might make her look to Aden and to the audience. During the time she was with Drew and him not going to uni, she wasn't going through this illness, so she had every right to be angry with him...now shes with someone who relys on her heavily and vice versa, yet she is the most needy because of what she is going through.

Yesterdays scene when she came back from shopping and he told her to go for a walk, her response was, "can you come with me." I know it may mean nothing to others but that brought back a lot of memories for me. When my child went through the same thing, being so independent and care free that I literally had to reign her in sometimes to being dependant on others that it almost took your breath away. I think if she was in a stable mind set she would be whole heartedly encouraging Aden to go to uni, but right now i think its fair to say that she isn't.

I don't find Belles actions to be incensitive at all especially when her actions are clearly because of what shes going through at the moment.

Edited by Honor

Some people have suggested that Aden and Belle are too co-dependant. Aden acted as if Belle was the only solution to all the problems stemming from his abuse and Belle now seems to be totally dependant on Aden to function in everyday life. This is probably true but aren't we all dependant on others when we are going through a rough patch? Wouldn't everybody normally rely on friends and family for support/help and look for safety and comfort in those people who are closest to them? I think it's only human. Aden and Belle's specific situations are extreme ones (abuse and post-traumatic stress) so I think it's only natural that consequently they end up depending on each other in an "extreme" way.

The amazing thing about human beings (most of us anyway) is that we can be there for people who need us, thus helping them to regain their inner strength and confidence and continue their journey through life standing on their own feet and not having to be too dependant on others any more.

In my opinion this is what is currently being portrayed in Aden and Belle's storylines and it's being done particularly well and realistically.

Well said.

About Belle's reaction to Drew not wanting to finish school and go to uni compared to Aden, I think the different reactions from Belle is quite realistic. Drew and Aden's reasoning are extremely different. Drew just could care less about making something of his life, he was always looking for the easy way out, he had no drive, and he was the very defintion of a quitter. And that(not going to uni and finishing school) was just yet another time he was doing that. And I think thats what most of Belle's anger was about. She finally had enough of him doing that. Aden's reasons are because he feels that she needs him. And whether she wants to admit it or not she does. She probably hates that she needs him this much(nobody likes feeling like they are a burden on the ones they love), but she does. But more importantly Belle's emotional state was quite different in each of these times. Back then she was her fiesty self, now she's suffering from PTSD.

I'm happy with the way the writers are doing this storyline so far.

Edited by Jody

Well, we're still two weeks behind here in the UK and we haven't got that far into the uni story but it does seem to be a massive case of denial.When Belle found out Aden hadn't applied, she told him she didn't want him to suffer because of her but he told her that uni wasn't for him and he'd rather get a job.And I think she just accepted it because it was what she wanted to hear.I think they are a bit dependent on each other and I do wonder if, possibly subconsciously, Aden likes Belle relying on him because it shows he's important to her.

(By the way, I've been thinking and when Belle first turned up and she was after Ric, Cassie was giving him a hard time for quitting school and getting a job while Belle was supporting him and telling him to do what was right for him.Factor that into the equation...Actually, as I recall, it was Belle's fault that Drew dropped out of school because she was playing childish pranks on him and messed up his results.And he did have a couple of gos at finding work, which admittedly he then messed up.By the end, I don't think either of them could do right in the other's eyes.Wonder if her and Aden'll end up like that...)

Belle is becoming to dependent on Aden. When her car wouldn't start why call Aden at work? What is Aden going to do? Tell Belle that he will come rescue her? They are both adults yet they can't function unless they are together.

Belle is loosing it. She is becoming to dependent on the pain killers.

^ because she has her PTD. And, feels the urge and need to rely on Aden at every corner, moment and opportunity. She's not of a 100% 'normal' working mind at the moment, and, if you ask me, is also suffering from some form of EAD [emotional anxiety depression] which would explain her sudden constant clingyness.

I think she called Aden because he's the one she depends on, he's the love of her life, the main person in her life, and so, she calls him when things go wrong. Obviously this wouldn't work in a normal working relationship, but, as I said, Belle isn't in her normal frame of mind now. :)

I loved them when they started their relationship, but now not so much. I think that after kidnapping things went a bit unrealistic.

Same here, I would imagine if my boyfriend kidnapped me, and the local doctor, and tried to kill his father in the process, I would never go near him again! :lol:

But I suppose, it must be true love! lol

I loved them when they started their relationship, but now not so much. I think that after kidnapping things went a bit unrealistic.

Same here, I would imagine if my boyfriend kidnapped me, and the local doctor, and tried to kill his father in the process, I would never go near him again! :lol:

But I suppose, it must be true love! lol

I agree.I've never thought they made a good couple but before that incident I had actually started to accept them, to get used to seeing them together.But that should have pushed them past the point of no return.No matter how much she sympathised with him and understood why he did it, no sane person would ever take back someone who had treated her and other people like that.