Belle/Aden

Cal

I wish Aden and Belle formed a friendship circle with Nicole, Geoff, Annie, Jai and Ruby.

I'd hate for that to happen. I feel Belle and Aden have moved past all that highschool teen drama. They don't belong with the teen group anymore. But they don't belong with the adults either. They need to start forming friendships with the likes of Martha, Kirsty, and even Rachel, that age group. With the kind of issues they've dealt with last year, and are going to deal with this year, they have outgrown all those teenage stuff. I'm not saying the should act like adults, just not act like highschool kids either. For most part of Geoff's time on the show, Belle has looked at him as a nuisance, and I like that because thats how you look at an annoying little brother, and thats what I see their relationship like now. So I feel if she were to start hanging out with him and getting involved in his love life and stuff it would be horrible. And also a step back for her. She's moved past all this. Even when they were in school together you would never see her hanging out with him or even talking to him all that much. So if they do it now, it would just look like a desperate attempt, now that her friends are gone, to give her people to talk to. She needs to start building friendships with characters, like Rachel and Martha who have more life expierance and have been through just has difficult stuff as her. People on her level now. As for Nicole and Aden, while I don't care for this friendship, I don't find it weird. Because, unlike Belle and Geoff, they have had some kind of relationship since the time she arrived. But as long as it just stays Nicole and Aden and not Nicole, Aden, and Belle. Because if Belle and Nicole were to becomes friends then that would bring Geoff into it too. And Geoff and Belle becoming better friends then now would be cringeworthy, for me, to watch.

I actually really like seeing Geoff and Belle together and wish it happened more often.(Frankly I'd rather see those two in a scene than seeing them with Aden and Nicole but maybe that's because of the scarcity.)When they were rubbing each other up the wrong way at the start, I think that was mainly because he was giving Lucas a hard time and Belle was sticking up for her friend.Last year, I really liked their interaction, they came across as two people who were pretty much exact opposites but were still incredibly fond of each other.I think it said a lot that he was the one who got her to go and see Aden in the clinic, even if it was just an excuse to have him bump into Melody.But I wouldn't like to see Aden and Geoff suddenly become friends given that they've always disliked each other.There'd have to be some sort of scene justifying it rather than going down the "Aden's a regular so everyone in Summer Bay's his friend now" route that seems to have become popular.

I agree that Aden and Belle are getting a bit old to hang out with a bunch of school kids, they seem to be in an age group of their own.It would be nice to see Belle hang out a bit more with the likes of Kirsty, Martha and Rachel.At the beginning of last year they seemed to be building a friendship between her and Leah but then it just disappeared:Even though they work together I can't remember the last time they were in the same scene so it would be nice to get back to that.They really need some guys for Aden to hang about with.Roman's taken on more of a parental role towards him but maybe now that Aden's left school they could start to view each other more as equals.It's hard to imagine him being friends with Miles or Jack

if he's still around

but maybe, if they actually made it a storyline point instead of it just happening, it could work.

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually really like seeing Geoff and Belle together and wish it happened more often

I get what you mean. I wouldn't mind them having more scenes together as well. Just not as friends. I do like her playing the big sister role with him though. Like when he goes to her for advice, or when he's confused and needs someone to talk to. It's them becoming friends that I don't like. I can't buy them being friends.

I hate the idea of a friendship between Aden and Geoff too. I wouldn't mind them being civil around each other, but no becoming buddies. I'd like them to be able to stand there in a room together without any trouble, yet still feel abit arkward, and uncomfortable being around each other if they were ever to be left alone.

Nicole and Belle is the one I'm dreading the most. I am hoping that, that scene were Nicole took her that care package was a one off thing. Just something nice she did because Belle is her friends girlfriend. I don't want to see these two becoming friends ever. I read someone who said the age difference doesn't matter because Nicole as become quite mature. Maybe she has. But we saw Nicole go from self observed brat to expert on life overnight. We have been watching Belle gradually grow up and mature for the last three years. It's been a long journey. And she's still got along way to go. She's been through alot of different phases in her life, including the highschool one, so she's done with this teen angst stuff. It's time for her to grow up some more. And sitting around with Nicole talking about Geoff, and whatever else Nicole's talks about is not it.

Anyway back to Aden and Belle. I hope we get some interaction with some of the older characters, well older them anyway. And we get to see them build some new friendships. Not for the writers to just put them with two people, who are in a place that Aden and Belle have outgrown, just because they can't be bothered to start building some new friendships with other characters, from scratch.

Edited by Jody

It looks like Aden will stick by Belle.

I think she's the one who gets additive to painkillers (copy cat of Ty Harper becoming additive to pain killers). Despite the hell she's been through and going to go through, by looking at the spoilers for this year. Aden will stand by Belle. YAY! How sweet.

I just want Aden to hurry up and propose!

Oh god, not an Aden/Belle wedding.They'd probably do it too given how unfathomably popular they are. I'm sorry but I just don't get them.I have seriously never seen two regulars that I've considered so obviously unsuited for each other since they randomly threw Seb and Jade together and had them supposedly fall in love in the space of a few weeks.At least they'd been friends before so I was used to them sharing scenes.Whenever I see Aden and Belle in a scene, I just think "What are you two doing together?!"

Edited by Red Ranger 1

I don't want Aden & Belle to turn into Jack and Martha, that much is for sure.

And, I really miss both of them having 'friends' - as others have said, each of them now have a steady parental role in their life [irene for Belle, Roman for Aden] but neither of them have friends - Mattie & Belle were awesome together, and even Aden had Axel at some point.....

They do need more of their own age, so they're not always floating when they're not together. And, as others have said, I really want to see some quality time with them rather than them just bickering. Give us some WARMTH writers!!

I am looking forward to this year and seeing where the writers take Aden and Belle. Love them as a couple now but used to hate seeing them together and all the constant fighting. Really liked how Belle was there for Aden with all the stuff happening with his dad and now looks like Aden is going to do the right thing and stick by Belle. They are becoming better as a couple and really enjoy their onscreen chemistry.

Whilst definitely not part of the "mean to be together" camp, if they can go a while without hurting each other or anyone else they might become a bit more tolerable.I agree they badly need some friends, rather than their whole lives being about their relationship, which really isn't healthy.I'm not convinced that the current role reversal storyline is really the way to go:They need to start to seem more like a couple and less like a two-person support group.

I'm a self confessed Adelle fan......but God, NO Adelle wedding please! :ph34r:

I really hate the way soap writers feel they have to rush a couple into the whole marriage thing when it isn't even one bit realistic.

For the majority of young couples marriage is one of the last things on their minds, especially when they are 18/19 years old like Belle and Aden are.

They should be just enjoying themselves, each other, their friends (if they had any!), and having a good time (if the writers ever cut them some slack, and give them a scene that doesn't involve one or other of them being in a hospital bed! <_< )

So, yea, add me to the list that would like to see some early-20-something characters added to the cast that Belle and Aden can become friends & hang out with.

I'm a self confessed Adelle fan......but God, NO Adelle wedding please! :ph34r:

I don't want a wedding as well. I know they love each other very much, but that doesn't mean they need to start thinking of wedding dates. The writers do seem to have a thing about marrying off couples really young. I hope it doesn't happen with this two. I want to see Aden and Belle (after Belle's upcoming storyline) have a long break from all the drama. Because even though I enjoy their scenes it can get a bit tiresome to watch at times. I'd like to see them just be happy as a couple for once.

Edited by Jody