Belle/Aden

Cal

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I agree, I really think there should be a anti adelle thread and a pro adelle thread there are too many arugments and like slade said i dont like reading negative comments about a character (in this case Adelle)

Even when there were two different threads, it still didn't work. I like it this way, it provokes more discussion. I think everyone just needs to respect each other's opinions.

Even when there were two different threads, it still didn't work. I like it this way, it provokes more discussion. I think everyone just needs to respect each other's opinions.

I think the reason why it didn’t work before was because there was nothing within the rules prohibiting people from posting opinions in certain threads regardless of whether they were pro or anti. If the moderators made it a rule such that no negative posts are allowed in an appreciation thread and no positive posts in an anti thread perhaps it would work.

I actually thought if one of the moderators hadn’t intervened earlier on in this particular thread it could have gotten a lot more heated.

I don’t understand what all the fuss about them is about to be honest. Similarly I didn’t understand the fuss with Martha and Jack when they were the main couple prior to Adelle.

Me neither. And it's not just the pro fans that seem obsessed, it seems some of the anti-adelle fans are just as obsessed. Why does Adelle have to be so black and white?? :unsure: Either you're pro-adelle or anti-adelle, where do I fit in? I love Aden, I like Belle and sometimes I like their scenes together and sometimes I don't. In reality, life is full of grey areas. And on a soap like h&a, where every issue is heightened, dramatised just to entertain you, what we get is one big grey area. Why can't they as individuals, as a couple and their actions be discussed objectively? The beauty of it is they are fictional, and therefore we can discuss when & why we like/dislike their actions, however we like. It's just an opinion, we all will see things differently and with that form different opinions.

And one thing I really can't understand is the need for pro-adelle and anti-adelle fans to try and convert the other to their opinion (or their side). Aden, Belle and Adelle aren't on trial, that we as fans (for or against) need to prove why they should/should not be together. Although some of the posts seem to imply that they are on trial. On the most part you're not going to be able to convert the other and all that happens is that you keep going around in circles.

At the end of the day it's just two fictional characters, that form one fictional couple, that are part of a soap that it not real. Everything is fake and it's just created to entertain us. So in the words of the Joker, "why so serious?" :P

I think the reason why it didn't work before was because there was nothing within the rules prohibiting people from posting opinions in certain threads regardless of whether they were pro or anti. If the moderators made it a rule such that no negative posts are allowed in an appreciation thread and no positive posts in an anti thread perhaps it would work.

I actually thought if one of the moderators hadn't intervened earlier on in this particular thread it could have gotten a lot more heated.

We did actually have a rule like that. We were not allowed to post negative opinions in a pro thread or positive opinions in an anti thread. We were not allowed bash peoples opinions or insult people. This rule did not work, which is one of the reasons we combined the two. A single thread also provoked discussion between two fanbases.

We did actually have a rule like that. We were not allowed to post negative opinions in a pro thread or positive opinions in an anti thread. We were not allowed bash peoples opinions or insult people. This rule did not work, which is one of the reasons we combined the two. A single thread also provoked discussion between two fanbases.

Ok…..strange

Just a quick reminder... People are allowed to post in here and disagree, even though this is an appreciation thread, everyone should be allowed to post in here no matter what their opinions are :)

Yes, the appreciation threads are meant for appreciation mostly just like the anti threads are meant for anti posts mostly, but there is no rule that denies anyone of any opinion to post in either thread. Different opinions equal a discussion, and like I've said before these threads are not meant to be teams or a competition between two groups to see who's more dominant.

If you were told off for posting Aden/Belle supportive posts in that thread, and you weren't breaking any board rules then you didn't do anything wrong, and if it happens you should report it.

http://www.backtothebay.com/forum/index.ph...st&p=880210

http://www.backtothebay.com/forum/index.ph...st&p=880234

:unsure: Now I’m totally confused.

I actually phrased my post incorrectly, what I meant was that people could post their opinions in either threads as long as it provoked discussion and did not bash other peoples opinions, and that people wouldnt get defensive that a fan was posting in an anti thread/vice versa.

I actually phrased my post incorrectly, what I meant was that people could post their opinions in either threads as long as it provoked discussion and did not bash other peoples opinions, and that people wouldnt get defensive that a fan was posting in an anti thread/vice versa.

Ah ha. I see.

Thanks for the clarification! :)

I actually quite like the fact that the threads have been combined.Before there was a feeling that if you saw something in the anti or appreciation thread that you disagreed with you weren't allowed to present an opposing opinion.At least here there's room for a proper discussion.