Belle/Aden

Cal

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, Belle does have a good affect on Aden. I dont think he would ever of been able to get better if he hadn't admitted to her what had happened to him. Also he would probably be in jail if it wasn't for her. He was determined not to tell the courts what had happened to him and he probably wouldn't of been able to if it wasn't for her support.

All the stuff you are saying about Belle stringing Angelo along I do in a way agree with you, however. Its not like she was stringing him along for fun or so she could save her own skin and not get hurt. It was because of a very worthy cause. As she said to Aden, people were dying and if the only way to stop that was to string Angelo along then its not that bad. Also as zetti pointed out Aden did stop the affair when he knew that Belle wouldn't end it with Angelo.

In response to Slade's reply:

Belle is detrimental to any recovery process in my opinion.

Treatment in the clinic, Belle had already let him go, it isnt her fault he had unresolved issues yet your comment makes it sound like she does, She had let him go and said quite clearly that he needs to concentrate on himself which in my opinion is in some cases or not a hard thing to do. Belle may have been the cause of the setback but not purposely, she wasnt to know that Aden would still want her, she believed that he could move on like she thought she could. Therefore, Belle may have played a part but not a part she willingly enforced, she tried her hardest to stay away from him.

It definitely wasn’t Belle’s fault initially. However the fact remains that she was the reason why I felt he wasn’t concentrating on his treatment. All he was thinking about was getting back with her when he was up on very serious charges and needed to show the psychologist the reason why he acted the way he did was because he experienced a breakdown and was making every attempt to come to terms with what he did. You saw what his attitude was like at first in the clinic. He actually seemed quite proud of what he did.

Even after the court case he still needed help and Belle knew that he hadn’t fully recovered yet she wants to continue going out with Angelo and seeing him on the side (knowing full well how hung up over her he was). If she doesn’t like or love Angelo, that’s fine why can’t she just do honourable thing and finish with him.

Also as zetti pointed out Aden did stop the affair when he knew that Belle wouldn't end it with Angelo.

Exactly. I am not trying to undermine the seriousness of Belle's action in regards to Angelo, but if one person can do the honourable thing then the couple IMO is worth taking seriously.

If she doesn’t like or love Angelo, that’s fine why can’t she just do honourable thing and finish with him.

You say that yet it isnt as straightforward as it seems, I should know, relationships can get themselves or by someone into a mess that you cant see your way out of, like I said, I dont condone what Belle is doing to Angelo as it is one of the things I dont like about their relationship.

You say that yet it isnt as straightforward as it seems, I should know, relationships can get themselves or by someone into a mess that you cant see your way out of, like I said, I dont condone what Belle is doing to Angelo as it is one of the things I dont like about their relationship.

I see your point but this is pretty straight forward from my point of view. Like I said before it would have been different if she genuinely liked going out and spending time with Angelo but was still in love with Aden, obviously that would have been harder and more understandable. But no, she’s going out with him because of his connections, i.e. using him. Angelo even said it to Charlie previously “Do you ever feel that dating a cop could be useful?” As someone said, at least Aden’s trying to do the right thing.

And just to clear things up, I don’t dislike Belle (although admittedly I’m not as keen on her anymore) as I feel essentially she’s a good person and everyone makes mistakes. It’s just I’m not sure about her and Aden being together. Although the flip-side to that is if they are together at least they aren’t hurting other people in the process.....

I agree with you Slade, Belle isnt doing what she should but then what you should do isnt always the easiest thing to do, I think Belle should come clean and be honest about her feelings, feelings can cloud your judgement so maybe that is the case here? It may be or it may not be, that is yet to be seen. Belle is using Angelo, I agree and it is cruel so it shouldnt have happened but the fact of the matter is that it did. I am not condoning Belle's action at all but I do hope you all give her a break because she isnt the only person in the pairing, Angelo knows that Belle isnt 100% committed so why doesnt he do something?

RedRanger -you could look at another way -that Adelle would do anything just to be together. Also how does Belle brings out the worst in Aden with the skank incident, he was hiding from something and at that time didn't want to tell her what it was until he reliased he could confide in her, I think Belle brought out the best of him then, by stopping him from hiding any longer and to deal with the issue and move forward.

Aden apologists usually claim that Aden reacted the way he did, and treated her a lot worse than he did Nicole, because he cared about her.It's another example of him making bad choices in order to be with her, she'd discussed it with him maturely and wasn't pressuring him but he ended up forcing the issue and getting into a situation that neither of them could handle.

I think that the one thing that in my humble opinion that saves that decision was that Aden finally said that he wasnt going to let her be with him and Angelo so techinally she didnt really string him along {sounds crueller than its meant to be}

Except that having made his big moral stand, Aden then went round to her house and slept with her, even though she was still with Angelo.Okay, she said she'd break up with Angelo next time she saw him but she said that every other episode.

And I'm not sure why it was Angelo's responsibility to stop Belle cheating on him, he was always fair and honest with her.Even when Aden turned up at Belle's house in the middle of the night demanding to see her when she was asleep and Angelo chased him off, he told Belle about it in the morning instead of trying to keep them apart.

Yes but what I was saying is after this when Angelo knew that Belle wasnt committed.

He doesn’t know for sure he suspects, which is why I would imagine presumably he hasn’t done anything. Even if he did, I feel it’s reached the stage where he’s so into her that he would most probably be in denial.