Belle/Aden

Cal

I have to say I agree with you. I like both Aden and Belle as individual characters but together they just drive me mad. Belle is being so selfish at the moment and when Aden finds out he's going to be furious and rightly so, seeing as his Dad being an addict was one of the things he hated most about him. He went through a lot of pain with his Dad's problems and being around Belle will just remind him of that.

I have really liked how they're recently been exploring Aden's character on his own with the Joey storyline, I think we need more storylines with Belle and Aden seperately (although I think Jess needs a well deserved break soon.) Despite me being highly irritated by Belle at the minute, Jess is doing an awesome job.

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Loved today's episode, mainly because of all the cute Adelle scenes, Aden is so loving to Belle and hope he eventually forgives her when he finds out about the drugs.

I don't understand how some people say Aden is too good for Belle and that he deserves more ? what makes Aden so special? it's not like he was a saint before he turned into the nice guy he is now.

For the life of me, i hope he doesn't get with Nicole, that would be one boring couple because they are way too comfortable with each other (like siblings).

I must say, Jess's perfomance lately has been outstanding!

I really disagreed with tonight's episode Adelle wise! Don't get me wrong, Aden looked totally hot and I loved the bit where he was all embarrassed asking for pink champagne and what he said to her in her room but at the same time I hated the fact that he felt like he had to spend a months wages on a designer necklace to show her how much he loved her and the way it was contrasted against Geoff's present for Nicole which to me was like a thousand times more thoughtful and sweeter. This is the same Aden who simply bought Belle a bunch of flowers not long ago and she was so touched by that, I just didn't think they should have made his big gesture an "expensive gift" there are so many other things he could have done.

I get that it's been put into the show for the purposes of upcoming storylines but it just didn't seem very Aden to me. They had that scene with him and Nic were they were talking about how much Aden and Belle "get" each other now but for me the necklace was the perfect present for Nicole and Belle would have appreciated something a lot simpler and sweeter.

I liked their scenes in the last episode. It wasn't a happy episode for them by any means but I'm glad we are getting some kind of sweet interaction between them before everything comes out in the open. Although knowing whats coming makes it hard not to feel sad for them in these scenes. The necklace was a nice gesture. I liked it because it wasn't so much about the actual gift, even if he was nervous about whether she'd like it or not, but rather just doing something nice for her because she as been down recently. The fact that he knew what her favourite champagne was and thought to specifically ask for it even if it was abit embraasing made me smile. When Nicole refferred to them getting each other, I'm pretty sure thats what brought on that comment, her smile after he asked for it gave that away. While he may want to spoil her by spending lots of money on something flashy, he still knows her enough to know these little details about her like what she likes.

And he is crazy about her. :wub: They get back together and then nothing for a long while about how they feel about each other. Then in the matter of weeks we get an 'I love you' and an 'I'm crazy about you'. Listening to them say these things to each other as well as Aden who seems to trust her completely and looks so devoted to the idea of always wanting to take care of her and is convinced that nothing will change that is just so sad considering whats coming. :( As much as it's going to be heartbreaking I still can't wait for those scenes though.

Edited by Jody

I cant wait til 1st and 2nd of April, when Belle sells the necklace and the aftermath of Belle's confession. I wonder how agressive he'll get when he finds out. Apparently he searches Belles room deserately. Jess said that Belle has never been yelled at by Aden like this before. No doubt he's gonna be so angry. I hope Aden rushes by herside when she collapses at the diner, or maybe he might even be there? Adens reaction when Nicole tells him that she saw Belle's necklace in a pawnshop is going to be interesting.

I don't think he's too good for her and I don't really think she's too good for him either.(Not sure if he's got better or she's got worse.Maybe they've met in the middle.)But I don't think they're right for each other and I never have.Typically, it seems that yet again

instead of dealing with their problems together, there's going to be bitter recriminations and their fourth break-up in less than a year

.Sometimes you just have to accept that there's a reason for it.

Don't really see why Aden and Nicole would be boring just because they get along.The old idiom that happy couples don't make good television is usually just an excuse for lazy writing.You can make a happy couple interesting if you give them something interesting to do.

The old idiom that happy couples don't make good television is usually just an excuse for lazy writing.You can make a happy couple interesting if you give them something interesting to do.

Totally agree with this last statement. It's not just Aden and Belle breaking up multiple times, all couples on the show never seem to have a happy phase that lasts longer than a couple of weeks. Even if they don't break up, there's drama hence strain in the relationship. The writers could keep them happily together and still give them interesting storylines which grip an audience.

In Aden and Belle's case, we've definitely reached the point of over-dramatisation: the issues that have been - or are still being - tackled, have been brilliantly portrayed and very interesting because they're real-life situations (child abuse, drug abuse) and I guess there had to be ripercussions on the relationship because that's what would probably happen in real-life too. Even the strongest couple would not escape from being affected, if not rocked, by issues as big as these. But I now wish - as a huge fan of the couple who still thinks they are perfect for each other - that they were given a well deserved longer-than-two-weeks stretch of happiness. I just want to see them lead an ordinary life for a bit. Strength in a relationship is also shown in every day's situations.

But I now wish - as a huge fan of the couple who still thinks they are perfect for each other - that they were given a well deserved longer-than-two-weeks stretch of happiness. I just want to see them lead an ordinary life for a bit. Strength in a relationship is also shown in every day's situations.

I do wish that one day the writers will realise this.

They really haven't ever been able to go more then a few episodes being happy with each other without some sort of drama, have they? I must say though that I find the drama that they deal with so much more appealing then the usual stuff the writers come up with for couples. I'd love to see them just get to be happy together for a while. Although if it does happen, and while they may need a break from big storylines, I hope it doesn't mean that they'll end up stuck in the background like it used to be with Dan and Leah.

Edited by Jody

I agree wholeheartedly with you cicerid. I for one am completely sick of them as a couple and I wish they'd just break up for good already. However, when they first started to flirt and get together, I was a huge fan of the pairing but the constant drama and break ups/make ups really turned me off them.

But it doesn't all need to be like that. Take Rachel and Kim for example (sorry, I can't help it :P ), for the first year or so of their relationship they had drama after drama, literally weekly, but they didn't break up once. So there we have it, happy couple, lots of drama, the soap's no worse off.

I really hope that, after the ongoing storyline is concluded they get a long period of time together to just be young and couply and maybe I will learn to love them again! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Im really looking forward to how the next couple of epi's pan out...how are the writers going to get back Adelle to how they were before? Theres been so much tension between them lately that it'll be interesting to see whether or not that whole chemistry is still there! I think Aden's support for Belle has been fantastic hes been very protective of her of late but

i think belle collapsing after a drug overdose

will be the ultimate betrayal for him, especially after what he had to go through with his father!!

Edited by bailey4