Belle/Aden

Cal

I think it's all a matter of perspective and to be honest I'm not sure why that line bothered me so much. I agree, it's understandable Aden would want his girlfriend to talk to him if she had a problem and needed to see a doctor.Although the fact that they were discussing it does suggest Belle did tell him, albeit belatedly.I think it was the fact it almost sounded as though he was telling her off, as if she should...not have asked his permission exactly but certainly asked his opinion before seeking medical help.Whether that's the wrong attitude to take or not I'm honestly not sure.(Although it's interesting that he was keeping her in the dark about his uni decision at the time.)I think it's actually part of the whole reason behind him not going to uni, that he wants to be the most important person in Belle's life, the first one she talks to when she's got a problem, even when he's not the best qualified to help her.(Although again, ironically in the next episode when she was doing that he found it inconvenient and disruptive.)Whether that's a healthy way to view a relationship or not, I don't know.

I agree with you, their relationship is definitely not healthy at the moment and the main reason (in my opinion) is because they are keeping things from each other instead of talking and finding comfort in each other - Belle is apparently going through hell but hiding it from Aden and he's totally oblivious to what's going on (if he does not realize soon what is going on I might start doubting how smart he is!).

I think the reason Aden did not go to uni is not because he wants to be the most important person in her life but because she is the most important person in his life and he's putting her first. No matter how excited he was about getting it but I doubt this prawn trawler thing is what he had in mind as his dream job.

I'll just have to wait and see if and how they overcome this new hurdle and I will then pass judgement as to whether their relationship was one worth fighting for or not. I'd like to think it was (obviously :rolleyes: )

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I loved their first scene together on Friday's episode. It wasn't anything big but it was still great. It was cute the way she just kissed him out of nowhere once he sat down. It was sweet the way she told him how proud she was of the way he has been handling the situation with Joey. It made it better because it was just a spur of the moment thing rather than after some big scene.

When the scene in the Diner started, I liked the moment when it first cut to them at the beginning. They seemed to be laughing and in an extremely cheerful mood. I couldn't help but wish we got to see them interacting like that for a couple seconds before they sat down and Charlie came over.

I enjoyed both their reactions to the Joey situation here. Today felt like a better day for Aden. He surprised me by keeping his cool with Robbo in their first scene, especially since you know he probably wants to hurt the guy badly. I loved watching him get worked up about Joey not reporting Robbo and Belle trying to talk some sense into him. They worked well together in this episode. I love interaction like this from them. It reminded of the way they used to be. I always thought their personalities complimented each other. They both played their parts well here. That scene with Joey at the end made me think Aden is letting is own expierance cloud his judgement at the moment when it comes to dealing with Joey not wanting to report Robbo(I knew he would at some point but I'm glad we're seeing it so clearly now), which is completely understandable. I'd be irritated if the writers didn't show that. I'm truly enjoying this storyline. And I'm equally glad that Belle is now playing a small role in it. I like seeing them work as a team. As much as I'm enjoying Belle's storyline it's nice to see her focus on other things as well at times. Now if only Aden would start playing a bigger role in Belle's storyline I'll be set.

I loved their first scene together on Friday's episode. It wasn't anything big but it was still great. It was cute the way she just kissed him out of nowhere once he sat down. It was sweet the way she told him how proud she was of the way he has been handling the situation with Joey. It made it better because it was just a spur of the moment thing rather than after some big scene.

When the scene in the Diner started, I liked the moment when it first cut to them at the beginning. They seemed to be laughing and in an extremely cheerful mood. I couldn't help but wish we got to see them interacting like that for a couple seconds before they sat down and Charlie came over.

I enjoyed both their reactions to the Joey situation here. Today felt like a better day for Aden. He surprised me by keeping his cool with Robbo in their first scene, especially since you know he probably wants to hurt the guy badly. I loved watching him get worked up about Joey not reporting Robbo and Belle trying to talk some sense into him. They worked well together in this episode. I love interaction like this from them. It reminded of the way they used to be. I always thought their personalities complimented each other. They both played their parts well here. That scene with Joey at the end made me think Aden is letting is own expierance cloud his judgement at the moment when it comes to dealing with Joey not wanting to report Robbo(I knew he would at some point but I'm glad we're seeing it so clearly now), which is completely understandable. I'd be irritated if the writers didn't show that. I'm truly enjoying this storyline. And I'm equally glad that Belle is now playing a small role in it. I like seeing them work as a team. As much as I'm enjoying Belle's storyline it's nice to see her focus on other things as well at times. Now if only Aden would start playing a bigger role in Belle's storyline I'll be set.

As is often the case, I agree with everything you wrote Jody and you probably put it in better words than I would have. It's so nice to watch them being carefree, even if it is only for a few seconds, and it was nice seeing Belle helping Aden help Joey instead of popping pills. I think Aden will have a shock when he finally notices Belle's problems and I can't wait to see what his reaction will be and how his feelings (guilt, anger, pain, disappointment) will be portrayed by Todd.

As is often the case, I agree with everything you wrote Jody and you probably put it in better words than I would have. It's so nice to watch them being carefree, even if it is only for a few seconds, and it was nice seeing Belle helping Aden help Joey instead of popping pills. I think Aden will have a shock when he finally notices Belle's problems and I can't wait to see what his reaction will be and how his feelings (guilt, anger, pain, disappointment) will be portrayed by Todd.

I dont understand why should he feel guilt he didnt do anything wrong

i dont think that Belle is letting anyone know what she is going through atm

He might feel guilty, not because he did anything wrong, but because he didn't notice that there was something going on with her earlier. While it's understandable that he has been distracted with what is going on with Joey it doesn't change the fact that he hasn't exactly been the most attentive boyfriend for a while now. Infact since he started working on the trawler he has been pretty dismissive with her on most occasions. Which is ironic since the whole reason he took the job instead of going to uni was because he wanted to be there for her. I guess it's a lesson to him, he shouldn't be making noble gestures like that if he has no intention of following through. While I don't blame him for getting caught up with with Joey's storyline(I love it), I would like to see some guilt over the fact that he has been neglecting her so much for a long while now (and he has) that he is completely blind to what she's going through. No ones blaming him for not knowing about drugs but I'd expect him to have atleast realised that all his not right with her. Especially since she is so bad at pretending everythings fine.

Edited by Jody

I dont understand why should he feel guilt he didnt do anything wrong

i dont think that Belle is letting anyone know what she is going through atm

I agree he has not done anything wrong but he might feel guilty for not noticing something was seriously wrong with Belle - no other reason.

Adelle at the moment, not feeling them, first of all i don't understand why it's taking this long for Aden to figure out that there is something wrong with his girlfriend ( i understand that he's distracted at the moment with Joey's problems) but still i expected him to notice some abnormal behaviours Belle has been presenting (even Nicole figured out something wasn't right with Belle). He hasn't been a good boyfriend to Belle at all due to the fact that he spend most of their together time talking about Joey's issues than their relashinship, having said that, i haven't fogorten that his past experience makes his drawn to Joey, which is well and good in helping her but what about what his girlfriend is going through. ( by the way, i'm a massive adelle fan).

When Aden and Belle first started dating, I think I expressed so much love for them because everyone else was XD I've kind of realized now that It's more Aden I like. I wouldn't mind if they split up

like the spoilers have been saying

. It the complexity of Aden that makes me love the relationship and if he was to split with her and start dating some one else I wouldn't really mind.

At the moment It's getting annoying and I'm not liking Belle, so

when they split up

I think I would say I would be happy....

when they split up

But we all know,

that their break up is not permanent, as they are back together within a couple of weeks.

They love each other way too much to be apart from each other for too long.

Edited by gillyh

when they split up

But we all know,

that their break up is not permanent, as they are back together within a couple of weeks.

They love each other way too much to be apart from each other for too long.

That's probably the most irritating thing about them, they give them all this drama and it never has any lasting effect.I wish they would keep them apart because I just find their scenes together mind-numbingly dull.I've never seen any real spark between them and they're always far more interesting when they're in scenes with other characters.