Moving TV Moments

Guest Luc

Eastenders

Dennis' death.

The OC

When Marrissa died- just the way it was done with all the flashbacks and everything was wonderful.

The last scenes ever.

One Tree Hill

Keiths death.

Home and Away

Noah and Hayley saying goobye.

Sally leaving.

There was an episode when Natalie was leaving town with the baby and Gypsy was running after the car, it was pouring with rain and so sad. It's just always stuck with me.

Neighbours

Helen's death.

Madge's death.

Stingrays death and funeral, and Dylan leaving/saying goodbye to his friends and family.

Friends

Ross and Rachel's scene in the final episode when she comes back.

When they broke up in Monica's flat and they were all listenning in.

That's all I can think of but I'm sure there's many more.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure if I've mentioned this one yet; Buffy in the episode The Wish. That episode is one of my absolute favourites. The whole cast pretty much ends up dying except for Giles and Oz. When Xander and Willow bite Cordelia, I always feel really weird inside even though they're in an alternate reality it's really disturbing. But it's the last scene that always moves me in the factory when the Gang are fighting against one another. Buffy stakes Xander without any emotion and skips off to kill more vamps. Oz kills Willow, Xander kills Angel and just after he's stabbed he looks at Buffy and says her name and dusts and again she shows no emotion. It's all understandable though because no one knew each other in this reality, but it's still sad. And then The Master who was supposed to be dead; ends up killing Buffy in slow motion. All this in like 60 seconds. All done with sad music and slow motion it's quite sad. It always moves me.

A very clever idea by Joss and his team.

I've been watching some old episodes of 'Upstairs, Downstairs' - it's moving moments galore!

- When Emily killed herself and Rose finds her in 'I Dies From Love'

- When Mrs. Bridges steals a baby in the episode after Emily committed suicide, 'Why Is Her Door Locked?'

- When the servents and members of the household find out about Lady Bellamy's death whilst she was holidaying on the RMS Titanic in 'A House Divided'

- When Hazel suffers a misscarriage in 'Distant Thunder'

- When news reaches the household of Sgt. Wilmont and Lt. Dyson's deaths in 'The Glorious Dead'

- When Hudson suffers a heart attack in 'The Understudy'

- The final episode 'Whither Shall I Wonder'

That is no way a complete list as I have not seen all the episodes, but when I do I'm sure I will have more.

• 2 weeks later...

As a long time 'That 70s Show' fan, the final scene before the credits in the final episode, where everyone walks upstairs, counting down the seconds until 1980, the camera stays on the basement, and cuts to black as the characters say 'One!', was very moving...

I haven't really been watching it since Eric left, but seeing him and Kelso back tonight was so nice. I think it's great when people take the time to go back to where they came from for special moments like that. It really shows what kind of people they are :)

That 70's Show:

When Eric doesn't turn up for the wedding

Friends:

The last episode...heaps of bits, especially the end when they were putting down their keys

Blackadder (if anyone knows what that is now):

The very last episode, when all the characters who've been fighting for years finally make frineds (then get killed on the battlefield)

Blackadder (if anyone knows what that is now):

The very last episode, when all the characters who've been fighting for years finally make frineds (then get killed on the battlefield)

That was excellent, if slightly weakened by the nevertheless funny Back and Forth special. It's a shame they never did the "60s rock band called the Blackadder Five" idea.

I thought I'd add this - I don't watch this show, but I stumbled across this clip on Youtube and it reminded me so much of Home and Away back in the 80's early 90's. It's the death of the child in this show, who by going off the flashback montage towards the end, grew up in the show (Young and the Restless), and that is the father and mother. I like how its shot, from 6:30 onwards particularly. It's very melodramatic, be warned! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xs0M2BC8K2k...feature=related

There are several out there but there has been this one particular episode from One Tree Hill that IMO has always had very moving scenes in them. I think it was episode 9 "Unopened Letter To The World" from season 2 where the class make a time capsule to be opened in 50 years. At the start of the episode we first see a capsule from 50 years ago and a student from back then talking. By the end of the episode we learn that the student was Coach Whitey back in the day.

Whitey was asked something along the lines of what he wanted more than anything and he answered that someday he would like a boy of his own with the love of his life, Camilla. Of course we know that his wife died years ago and that he never did have that son but then we are shown several pictures of his students past and present. He might not have had a boy of his own with his wife but he still had plenty of boys in his students. It was very sad and truly moving.

Grey's Anatomy

Denny dying - I cry every single time.

Meredith drowning.

Meredith holding the bomb.

When Stan dies.

When Addison delivers the stillborn baby.

When coma guy dies - I can't remember his name.

Burke breaking up with Cristina.

Izzie telling Denny she loved him.

Home and Away

Kirsty and the gang down the mineshaft.

Alf telling Sally to call him Alf.

Sally being stabbed the first time.

Lisa dying.

Beth dying.

Ken dying.

Noah dying

Zoe and Tracey dying

Ok... a lot of people die.

The L Word

When Tina looses the baby

When Shane clings to Cherie and then Cheries daughter sees them.

The L Word ones are both from season one, I haven't seen the other seasons yet!

And there is way more but I can't think of them all right now!

Archived