Moving TV Moments

Guest Luc

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eastenders - When Janine told Pat about her dreadful childhood, about a yearning for Frank's love which she never got and and how she had carved her name in the wall with her bare fingers until they bled, praying for some love from Frank. When Pat leaves she sees nothing and then the camera goes to where her name is and reveals the truth.

Ugly Betty - The S1 finale when Justin is performing on stage in character is father Santos is shot and the contrast between the two scenes is really powerful. Then the police come to tell Betty what has happened and you know then that its bad news and she goes to the show to tell Hilda, who wonders where Santos is as he said he would come. Hilda is called out and Betty tells her that Santos has died. That scene makes me cry and the version of somewhere playing in the back makes the scene even sadder. You can really connect the song to the scene.

//uk.youtube.com/watch?v=hM5papdJt0k

^ That is really one of the most moving moments in Ugly Betty, I swear I could have cried.

Heres a video from Desperate Housewives episode "Bang!" that makes the scenes where the Supermarket is heald at gun-point really moving.

Bang!

Bang

That episode is the best, along with Something's Coming.

Lynette screaming at her just after she shot Nora was so chilling and I just felt like screaming at Lynette to tell her to shut up because she's going to get shot next :lol:

Lynette has the most dramatic scenes in the series I reckon. And they're all so powerful.

Especially the last scene in Something's Coming...

That really made my heart sink :(

^ I couldn't agree more. Somethings Coming is just - theres no other word for it - WOW!

But I like the begining of Welcome to Kanagawa, where Mrs. McKlusky learnt that Ida had been killed and the way Edie grabbed her hand, followed by the oopening with sad music

- I almost cried.

This scene may not be moving for everyone, but for diehard Dynasty fans, it is. It is teh season 5 cliffhanger - The Moldavian Massacre, where terrorists invaide Amanda's wedding to Prince Michael of Moldavia, they shoot almost every character, and as the episode ends, chapel bells toll and the camera pans out to show all the lifeless bodies in the rubble with the terrorists walking around them.

LINK

Archived