Moving TV Moments

Guest Luc

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Negima! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_mWwOxZBxg: the scene where Sayo (a ghost) remembers how she died; the bit moments later when Asakura sees her for the first time and stops herself from taking a photo because she's crying; the scene where she stands up in class and tells Negi to add Sayo to one of the groups; and finally the bit where Eva uses her powers to make Sayo visible to everyone. And more generally, the way episode explores the loneliness of someone who has been invisible to their classmates for more than 60 years.

• 1 month later...

The last scene of Love Hina episode 23, when Naru kisses Keitaro for the first time in the rain. Also, there's something that I can't really describe about the scene with Shinobu finding Keitaro's sketchbook in the first episode.

Sailor Moon episode 60, after Usagi protects Chibiusa from the Black Moon Clan, there's a sweet moment (butchered in the dub, but anyway) when she tucks her into bed and tells her "If only you'd told me everything up front, I could have helped you."

Also, the scene in episode 59 when Mamoru regains his memories.

• 3 weeks later...

Too many moments from My Little Pony: Friendhip is Magic to list here, but I want to give special mention to the end of The Cutie Mark Chronicles when they find out they all got their marks on the same day, all thanks to Rainbow Dash's Sonic Rainboom, and the latter half of Party of One when Pinkie has a psychotic break because she thinks the others are trying to avoid her parties, until she finds out they were planning a surprise birthday party for her.

The words of Annette Nichols, a victim of the Suffolk Strangler, on BBC's Five Daughters;

I'm not a bad person,

I'm not a waste of time, space or oxygen,

I deserve the air that I breathe,

Now is temporary, now is for now,

Now can feel like it's never ending...

I stand on corners, alone, lonely, waiting.

Always for one last time,

I am alive,

except when I choose to play dead...

• 2 weeks later...

Another MLP moment, the end of "May the Best Pet Win," when Rainbow Dash picks Tank the Turtle Tortoise as her pet, realising that his determination and loyalty to her more than makes up for his lack of speed, coolness, awesomeness and radicalness compared to the other competitors.

• 2 months later...

In School Rumble, the entire scene where Harima tells Ikoto about when he first met and fell for Tenma - he saved her from hoodlums, took her back to his place because she'd been knocked out, but then she ran away thinking that he was going to molest her. The kicker is that Tenma is sitting behind Harima as he tells the story, but she has no idea its her he's talking about, despite the story's familiarity. When she actually tells him that she thinks it was all the girl's fault, I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry.

Archived