Moving TV Moments

Guest Luc

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...

Reid's Death (As The World Turns).

The whole episode/storyline was awful. Badly written, illogical and offensive, but (Thanks mainly to the amazing actors portraying Luke & Reid) I cried watching it. There were three moments that really stood out:

- Tom's by Reid's bedside, because he's a lawyer and Reid wants to make Luke his Power Of Attorney so that his heart can be donated to Chris when he dies. Reid makes a comment about how nobody knew he had a heart to begin with, and Luke (Always mr. Optimistic) says "No. You're not going anywhere, and neither is your heart." and he's so distraught whilst saying it.

- After Reid's death, Katie comes bouncing out of Chris's hospital room (She has no idea what's happened) babbling about how amazing it is that Reid managed to get the donor heart. Luke tells her of Reid's death and Luke mentions how Reid will live on as long as Chris has his heart, and says that Chris has to make it, because it's Reid's heart. (He breaks down sobbing whilst saying it.)

- Finally, Luke goes home where his parents are waiting, and he's explaining what happened to them. He tells them about Reid giving him Power Of Attorney (His voice cracked when he said "I didn't want it." because the actor is just THAT awesome!) and then breaks down telling them that ALL of Reid's Organs have been donated.

The episode was heartbreaking, and depressing, but it was so powerful because of the acting from Van Hansis and Eric Sheffer Stevens (Luke & Reid). "Moving TV" puts it mildly.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just finished watching Children of Earth. It's all really sad, but the end of Day 4 and the entire Day 5 are what get me the most, especially

Ianto dying

, Jack

sacrificing his grandson

, and Jack's final speech to Gwen before

he leaves Earth

Also, Exit Wounds, the Torchwood episode. All of it, especially Tosh, even though she's dying, talking Owen out of a rage.

Tosh: Owen, just stay calm.

Owen: Oh Why should I do that? Where's the fun in that? I'm gonna rage my way to oblivion.

Owen screams

Tosh: Please stop.

Owen: Why? Give me one good bloody reason why, Tosh. One good reason why I shouldn't keep screaming.

Tosh: Because you're breaking my heart.

Just finished watching Children of Earth. It's all really sad, but the end of Day 4 and the entire Day 5 are what get me the most, especially

Ianto dying

, Jack

sacrificing his grandson

, and Jack's final speech to Gwen before

he leaves Earth

Agreed on all counts. Children of Earth would have to be one of the best installments of the entire Doctor Who Universe.

Agreed on all counts. Children of Earth would have to be one of the best installments of the entire Doctor Who Universe.

Have to agree with you there. I really loved Children of Earth, and can't wait to see how The New World stands up against it. Jane Espenson and John Fay are writing for it, so I'm sure it will be fine.

• 3 weeks later...

Steph's death in Hollyoaks.

I'd started watching Hollyoaks again (After about a year or so not watching) a couple of episodes before and, whilst I knew Steph was leaving, I had no idea it was going to happen in that episode. I thought she was leaving right at the end of the year. My sister watched it with me and she asked me was she going out of it that episode, and I didn't have a clue, because I thought we'd have heard more of it, since she'd been in the show 10 years.

Steph had always been one of my fave Hollyoaks characters, so it was incredibly sad, especially since her exit didn't really leave the door open for a return. :(

That's two of my favourite TV characters been killed off this year. No wonder I don't watch much TV any more! :lol:

Edited, to add:

- Shell's exit in Bad Girls. For a long time, I forgot how she actually left. I only remembered her escaping the prison with Denny, but forgot that she returned eventually. Her exit was actually horrible after Jim & Colin falsely claimed she'd been trying to kill her newborn baby. They did it deliberately to cover their own backs. So, so horrible. Shell screaming for her baby broke my heart and then the end of the episode saw her in the back of a prison van being shipped away. Her face was just completely blank and sad. Absolutely heartbreaking.

• 7 months later...

Archived