Moving TV Moments

Guest Luc

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When Pauline Fowler died in EastEnders - Dot (I think), kept calling Martin, and when he rushed over to Pauline in front of Arthur's bench, and started calling her name, it was so sad... :(

• 2 weeks later...

Nice to see some fellow M*A*S*H fans! Radar's announcement of Henry's death kills me every single time. Other haunting tv moments include Buffy finally breaking down with Dawn after their mother's death, Cordelia's final goodbye to Angel, Terri begging Mitch to open his eyes in All Saints (thought I would never recover from that one!). Sally falling into Flynn's arms in that first terrible moment when she hears of his diagnosis is my stand out H&A - not a word spoken and we know her whole world has fallen apart....

I think it's the episode Passion when Angel kills Jenny. Her and Giles are meant to meet up at his place for a date, Giles arrives with the place filled with roses and candles, he finds a note telling him to go upstairs, he does and finds Jenny's dead body in his bed :( That was really terrible, and quite harsh on Angel's account. Also later on when Buffy and Willow get the call from Giles and they brake down... One of the best episodes ever. Although the highlight would actually be Jenny running from Angel, then him snapping her neck infront ot those big windows in the school.

The last episode of Gilmore Girls was really moving. :(

At the beginning of the episode, Rory tells Lorelai, Emily and Richard she got a job but she has to leave really soon. First, they're all happy. Then they realise that dinner is the last one they'll have for a long time and they're all sad.

I had tears in my eyes when Rory gave her speech at her farewell party, especially the part where she was talking about Lorelai. The part where Lorelai tells Emily she will still have dinner with them on Fridays was moving. Emily was so happy to hear that. For once, they weren't arguing.

I also loved the part where Emily tells Rory she is proud to be her grandmother.

Let's see if I can create a relatively short list...

Maggie's death on Blue Heelers. It was just so well done and so sad. Martin Sacks was brilliant as PJ and I was moved to tears watching him in the aftermath (even though I'd already seen most of the rest of the series and knew exactly what happened afterward).

The '04 Olympic cliffhanger on Home and Away. It not only coincided with the height of my Home and Away obsession and when I was most attached to the characters, but everyone just portrayed that so beautifully. I was a mess by the end of the first episode after the Olympics.

Claire's death on McLeod's Daughters. Like with Maggie on Blue Heelers, I already knew what happened next as I was watching it years later, but that episode and the funeral episode afterwards were so moving.

Charlotte's miscarriage on All Saints. It didn't move me to tears like the previous ones, but it was just so touching because you knew how much she wanted that baby and then they had all those little scenes of her with her daughter as she imagined her growing up.

Archived