Moving TV Moments

Guest Luc

A few Hollyoaks ones:

- The end scene from the episode where everyone found out about Beth and Rhys. Mercedes was walking past the city steps crying just as Michaela was walking down them and when Michaela asked her what was wrong, she said she was sorry and, instead of gobbing off at her like you'd expect a McQueen to do, Michaela just hugged her. I thought that was such a beautiful scene.

- The episode not long after Melissa died, Sarah, Nancy & Hannah reunited and Hannah confided in them. Their scenes in that episode were stunning and brilliantly acted by all 3 girls.

- The scene at the end of the episode when Mercedes had the abortion. Mercedes was alone in the clinic and she broke down crying. Jennifer Metcalfe really doesn't get the credit she deserves for her wonderful acting!

The one that I think most surprised me by moving me was Katy's final scene. During the last few weeks she was in the show, I really grew to like Hannah Tointon. Granted, Katy was still VERY annoyig, but the acting really improved. And her final scene was so moving because the emotion in it was real. And the part where she handed Justin Mel's (Or was it Sophie's?) bracelet back was lovely. I'm amazed that the writers remembered that and put it in.

I think my parents may be right..... I am too emotionally attached to Hollyoaks!!! :rolleyes:

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOST had a few moments tonight; the last two episodes. Not sure if they've aired in the UK yet, if they haven't, a few spoilers...

Penny and Desmond's reunion, it got me teary... But not as upset during the end of the 2nd last episode, with all the suspense of the bomb, then all the dramatic scenes which followed, with the bomb blowing up with Michael and Jin on board and Sun hysterically crying... It was all too much, I didn't even think the boat was going to explode, but it did...

I guess alot of people have worn off LOST, but it's seriously one of the best pieces of television put together IMO.

• 2 weeks later...

I found the closing scene of tonight episode of Ugly Betty moving

when Bradford had his heart attack and Betty watched it from central square(

:unsure:) on the TV's whilst everyone was standing still

I found the closing scene of tonight episode of Ugly Betty moving

when Bradford had his heart attack and Betty watched it from central square(

:unsure:) on the TV's whilst everyone was standing still

Have you noticed that he holds the record for

on-screen heart attacks suffered by men estranged from their children and with gold-dgging partners?

McLeod's Daughters, Series 1, episode 3, "Don't Mess With the Girls." The scene where Tess found Becky after Brian had raped her, that was heartbreaking. Jessica Napier was by far the best actor on the show that season.

Also, the 1996 telemovie version of McLeod's Daughters, which had Tammy MacIntosh as Claire and Kym Wilson as Tess, the scenes after Jack died were pretty sad.

Urgh, I stupidly recorded ER this week and watched the episodes last night. The episodes in question were from the second half of Season 8.

I still cry at the scene where Corday is crying and Romano comes in being an ass... then does a complete turn around when he find out about the tumor.

^^ I miss ER. I'll never forget the episode (I can't remember what season) where Carter and the intern, Lucy, get stabbed. Mum had told me before I watched it that Lucy died, but while I was watching it, I thought she was going to pull through. I really like her and it was so sad when she died. :(

Archived