Moving TV Moments

Guest Luc

A really old moment just popped into my head just then on the old Aussie TV show Always Greener.

I can talk for hours about how much I love this show, have it on DVD and egerly waiting for season 2! Especially for this one episode that I'm about to state. I think it's called A Death In The Family.

Throughout the whole episode, they make it out as if Liz' dad is going to die with his cancer, but as the episode comes to an end, Liz is electricuted by the fridge, being thrown across the kitchen and loses the baby, followed by John calling Marissa and telling her what had happened :( It was just a complete shock and very emotional.

It was such a good TV show and I'll never forgive Seven for cancelling it. :P

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, it was called A Death In The Family, i remember seeing this episode, it's so sad. And Seven really effed up by axing Always Greener, it was their best show (apart from Home & Away, of course)

Jurassic Bark - Futurama

Fry's dog waiting for him to return, not moving from the front of a store, until his death, it was very sad.

:(

Time Keeps On Slippin' - the end where Fry's message to Leela gets destroyed...

The Sting - pretty much all of it

The Devil's Hands Are Idle Playthings - "I wanna hear how it ends."

Futurama rocks.

Agreed. Also, when Fry discovers that his brother (and grandson) named his son Philip J. Fry, in the Luck of the Fryrish.

And, in Bender's Big Score,

When Fry realises he has to release Leelu the narwhal, and later when Lars dies and they watch his video will.

Episode #1.6 in Jam & Jerusalem when The Womens Guild help a farmer called Elijah after the death of his wife. This was particularly moving because of the song that was played at the end, 'Underneath The Stars' by Kate Rusby.

There have been many moving TV moments, but I can't think of them all.

One of my favourites has to be the ending to The OC. The show came full circle especially with Ryan helping out a kid. It was the perfect ending.

There's also a scene is Smallville where Clark receives a red cape as a gift from a friend who was shooting a film about a superhero. He left the cape hanging outside and walked of to finally be with Lana. It's ironic because in the end he has to do exactly the opposite. It was a really powerful and moving scene.

One of my favourites has to be the ending to The OC. The show came full circle especially with Ryan helping out a kid. It was the perfect ending.

I totally agree with you. :)

I think the first and last episodes of Full House were really moving.

In the first episode, DJ and Stephanie have to share a room seeing that their uncle is going to stay with them. The scene where DJ tells Danny it's not fair. She lost her mum, her grandmother moved out and then she loses her room too. She feels like she's losing everything. That scene was very moving

In the last episode, after she falls from her horse, Michelle hits her head and loses her memory. The scene where she asks questions about her mother and they tell her her mother died when she was a baby was really moving.

In the French TV show Sous le soleil, there was a very sad episode. I think the English title for the show is Saint-Tropez.

Caroline is a popular singer and Samuel is a popular musician. They are together and have a son. They're happy. But then she discovers she has a stalker. The stalker can't handle the fact she's in love with another man. He then tries to kill her during a concert but Samuel jumps in front of her and is shot. Caroline finds it really hard to get over Samuel's death and even rejects her son. In the end, she gets through it thanks to Samuel's brother.

When John Ritter's character died in 8 Simple Rules, it was very sad, especially as John Ritter himself had died.

Henry Blake dying in M*A*S*H. It was so sad because it was the first main character to be killed off, and the way they did the scene was amazing and sad.

I don't know what made me think of this, but when David (the gay cowboy) got voted out of the Big Brother house, and he'd gotten in trouble before for singing "Summer Rain," because it was a message to his boyfriend that he was thinking about him... when he got out, they reunited him with his boyfriend and they played that song. It was soooo gorgeous!! :wub:

:lol: I remember that ^^ *sighs* that feels like ages ago...

I;m not a hardcore Neighbours fan, but I LOVED the Susan/Karl/Izzy triangle which went on for years. I haven't come across any Neighbours fan that hadn't liked it. The best part of the whole story though would of been the climax of it when all of Izzy's lies came out at the front of Scarlet Bar. She's on the floor hysterically crying while Karl's yelling at her, and he's also upset as well. Followed by the next scene when Izzy comes to Max's because she needs somewhere to stay and he slams the door right in front of her, not helping out his sister. Which is then followed by Izzy leaving the house, going back to her car with her bags and Susan comes out of her house with a garbage bag, Susan just stares at her and puts the bag in the bin and wipes her hands with a smile, like some corny metaphor going "out with the trash" and walks away... Those scenes were just great, they played out like 3 or so years ago, but I'm pretty sure thats how it all went. Those years were the only time when I was interested greatly in the show. Not like now. It doesn't have the same appeal as it used to.

Archived