EastEnders

Ashirr-Leigh

If they love their son, they'll want him to be happy, and, although he may deny it, Christian does make Syed happy.

I see were your coming from, but you have to put it into perspective. Syed is meant to be the good Muslim boy and he is meant to honour his family... at the end of the day he committed an act of adultery so whoever it is with is besides the point. He went against his beliefs and lied to his family after they had put their trust back into him.

I think that for Syed and Christian to then get together after it all comes out in the wash would be totally disrespectful to his family and of course Amira.

I think the right thing to do would be for Christian to hold is head up high and find someone who isn't ashamed of him and will treat him right. If Syed loves Christian so much then surely he wouldn't be ashamed of him, it that was the case all of this would have been out in the open a while ago. And also If he loved Christian that much he shouldn't have made commitments to Amira and given her false hope.

I did feel sorry for Syed in recent episodes, but I still find him weak and spineless.

Christian deserves better and so does Amira.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^ thats is very true and i suppose if I/we were muslim would understnad better from where Syed and his family are coming from.

There are several other religions who are not so harsh or crude on their marital styles.

However, what I really don't approve of is Syed's playing of Amira and Christian.

He wants them both, but he can't have his cake and eat!

I totally agree with you when you said he was weak and spineless! They were two very appropriate words to associate with him!

While you are right saying Christian deserves better, if I was him I would probably act in the exact same way.

He loves Syed and wants to be with him. He's willing to do anything, to fight for their love. I would do the same. The fear of not having that kind of bond with someone ever again would be a too high risk for me to take!

I think Syed wanted to try keep everybody happy but that just isn't possible in the long run. He was with Amira for her and to make his family proud whilst also repressing his true feelings. That is really not a way to be live is it , but I guess he saw no other way. Then along came Christian whom he could be himself with and who made him happy like proper happy. From then it became a battle between love and religion.

I thought Syed and Christians chat in tonights was very insightful. Syed was so right in what he said , he may be gay but thats just a small part of him. He is also a brother , a son and a muslim. To say that if he chose Christian he would be happy is totally not true. If he chose Christian he would lose his religion and his entire family and I dont blame him for choosing to leave the love of his life go to keep his family.

I think this storyline is remarkable and just another example of Diederick Santers incredible work. He comes up with some groundbreaking stuff and its what makes Eastenders the best british soap by far.

Syed does love him more than Amira and he was willing to leave his own wedding to go with him. For me that is admirable and shows that he knows that Christian is the one for him. Such a shame that he allowed himself to get married to Amira when Christian is the one for him, I just hope it doesnt come back to haunt him because I have the sinking feeling that Amira is going to end up pregnant and make it so much harder for him to tell him the truth. Zainab acted a bit selfishly today but then that is reflective on how a mother in her position would have acted.

Syed does love him more than Amira and he was willing to leave his own wedding to go with him. For me that is admirable and shows that he knows that Christian is the one for him. Such a shame that he allowed himself to get married to Amira when Christian is the one for him, I just hope it doesnt come back to haunt him because I have the sinking feeling that Amira is going to end up pregnant and make it so much harder for him to tell him the truth. Zainab acted a bit selfishly today but then that is reflective on how a mother in her position would have acted.

Yeah I agree with you. I don't think it was reeally about weather he loved Christian more then Amira, it was more about him lying to his family and going against his religion.

I did feel sorry for Christian tonight, but I wasn't at all shocked by Zainab's reaction, I think we all knew thats how she would have reacted.

Syed was willing to leave his own wedding, but he didn't. And I can also quite see why. He doesn't want to go against his beliefs (Although he already has!? :blink:) and he doesn't want to dishonor his family ect...

Hahaa I loved Tamwar tonight, thought his scenes took the edge off it a bit and gave us some humour.

And what is up with Hev? I may be reading too into it, but the way she kept starring at Darren made me wonder if there was more to it.

I think I would have preferred Libby finding out if Darren had told her, because now it feels to me like Adam is one point up. I reeeally hate Adam's character and I know he is going to weasel his way in on Libby <_<

I reeally like Libby now. :P

He hasnt really gone against his religion because he knows how he feels. He is just conflicted. Saying one thing is different to doing it. Zainab reacted in the way I thought she would but I love the fact that even at the end Syed hated the fact he wasnt with Christian which tells me that we have more drama to come! I for one cannot wait.

I hated Libby today. At least talk to him in private and not broadcast it!

I really wish they hadn't ended the episode with the Libby/Darren/Heather reveal. They ruined the ending of an episode about one of the best storylines in the show (the Masoods storyline), by making it about one of the worst.

The Masoods storyline is fantastic. I'm not a big Chryed fan, I just like the storyline as a whole. It isn't just about Christian and Syed, it's about Amira, Masood, Zainab, Amira's father, Jane, Tamwar, etc. I just feel sorry for ALL the characters involved, because it is an extremely sad situation for everyone (even Zainab).

Archived