EastEnders

Ashirr-Leigh

Eastenders never really made use with their teens and they always were used for props or in the background adding their 2 cents worth... were as home and away are always giving the teens storylines and they are made use of just as much as the older characters.

Don't you mean Home and aWay always gives the teens storylines and they are made use of 80-90% more than the older characters?

I have watched Eastenders by downloading episodes to see what its like. I gave it a good few months but I just cant get into the flow of it, there aren't enough 'sentimental' or upbeat scenes in it at all which stops you from really caring for the characters. However, I do remember seeing some clips from the early years and it seemed very 'real' and there were loads of poignant scenes or people just talking to each other, I saw one with Lou and Ian Beale and Ian was crying to his gran about his father not respecting him or something, anyway I was impressed because it was like a 4-5 min scene of them just talking with real 'cockney' slang and stuff, it was great!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They've managed to establish a big group of teens on the show, haven't seen that in ages. There's Whitney, Zsa Zsa, Lauren, Lucy, Peter, Leon, Fatboy and Todd, who are all 15 -17, and then there's the slightly older geeks and freaks group of Tamwar, Adam, Darren and Libby.

It's all a bit too Skins for my liking. The three new characters look way too old, especially Leon - he's only supposed to be a year or two older than Lucy, but looks closer to 30. Zsa Zsa seems pretty awful, but she's only been there five minutes, so I'll give her a while.

The best thing about the teen group is Whitney and Todd. :wub:

Eastenders never really made use with their teens and they always were used for props or in the background adding their 2 cents worth... were as home and away are always giving the teens storylines and they are made use of just as much as the older characters.

I have watched Eastenders by downloading episodes to see what its like. I gave it a good few months but I just cant get into the flow of it, there aren't enough 'sentimental' or upbeat scenes in it at all which stops you from really caring for the characters. However, I do remember seeing some clips from the early years and it seemed very 'real' and there were loads of poignant scenes or people just talking to each other, I saw one with Lou and Ian Beale and Ian was crying to his gran about his father not respecting him or something, anyway I was impressed because it was like a 4-5 min scene of them just talking with real 'cockney' slang and stuff, it was great!

I know how you mean that you can't get into the flow of it , I think the reason for that is because there is so much history gone by that I and everyone else whos watched for years and you haven't. I guess its the same reason why I just cannot get into Neighbours because I have tried a couple of times and just can't get into it. Its what I love about H&A too that theres such a rich history to the show which is the same more or less with every long running drama.

I watched the Kat & Zoe reveal from 2000 of Eastenders last night and it is one amazing script. I really wish the Ruby/Charlie reveal from H&A was as good. The writing in the Eastenders episode was so perfect and I reccomend anyone who hasn't seen it to have a look.

I have watched Eastenders by downloading episodes to see what its like. I gave it a good few months but I just cant get into the flow of it, there aren't enough 'sentimental' or upbeat scenes in it at all which stops you from really caring for the characters.

Eastenders is extremely grim and depressing most of the time, which is part of it's appeal for a lot of the viewers. It is almost constant drama with very little comedy or light-hearted stuff, unlike other UK soaps like Corrie or Emmerdale. However if you keep watching you will find some humour in there. Patrick often has quite funny scenes, and when Shirley is being a b*tch she can be unintentionally hilarious - like when she called Heather's breast milk her "boob-juice". The funniest character is probably Zainab. I'll never forget when she went to Denise's wedding and saw Denise walking down the aisle in a purple dress. Instead of being happy for her best friend at her wedding she went into a rant about how awful the purple dress was.

Is it me.. or does Glynis Barber look quite a lot older since she appeared on Emmerdale as DCI Barraclough?

She still looks great, though.

Yeah I noticed she looks a bit older as well. I never really liked her as Grace in Emmerdale though , anything with Carl King bores me to death :P

Anyway I have a feeling I am gona love Glenda! It is so interesting after all the Mitchells have been through to have her come in now , theres so much she has missed out on and Ronnie & Roxy don't look like they are gona thaw towards her anytime soon. Its quite funny how Roxy always loved Archie no matter what he did yet she was the first to show Glenda the door and then we have Ronnie who was mummys girl and understands better than anyone how Archie's controlling behaviour can affect someone. But aside from the fact that she left them she also never came looking for them which is where their real problem lies. Now she comes out of the woodwork claiming to be still married to Archie and thinks she is entitled to everything.

I can see some real chemistry between Ronnie and Glenda which is fantastic! I felt so sorry for Ronnie when Glenda kept asking about her grandchild that Ronnie was pregnant with when she walked out on them all but Ronnie couldn't bring herself to tell her what happened. I really hoped we would see her tell her everything about Danielle last night but I suppose they will propably tell her that offscreen :(

We can see how bad she can be when she called Peggy Tweety :lol:

How long will it be till Glenda ends up in bed with Jack ? Because if your blonde and a Mitchell then you will end up in his bed. The only reason he never got Danielle into bed was because he never got the chance :lol:

Looking forward to seeing some more of Glenda :)

Wow....omg, Bradley's statement to Max in front of everyone tonight!! :unsure:

I was not liking where it was going....am afriad now that he is

going to admit he killed Archie!

From what he said it sounded like a mistake though!

I have my fingers crossed that it'll be something completely different but I've a feeling it won't! :(

^^

Nah, I don't think Bradley's killed Archie. I think he has a very good conscience and he feels bad about the whole punch and he feels like it's somehow his fault that Archie's dead. I think he's just going to say that he punched him on Christmas day.

I missed the start of tonights episode so I don't know what happened but I have a good idea.

I don't like Glenda, she's definetly hiding something <_< but I haven't a clue what it could be :lol: .

Archived