EastEnders

Ashirr-Leigh

Yeah it was a bit random the ending....

Also you'd have thought that if Shirley and Hev were going to have private words in the loo they'd have checked they were the only ones in there.

I can understand why Libby broadcast it... she was upset. Though its the writers way of making it more dramatic.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fridays episode was great, but im really saddened that Syed didn't go with his heart and choose Christian :( i was quite shocked at Zainab's reaction as well, i mean if she loves Syed how can she stand there and persuade him to marry someone he isn't in love with :unsure:

Fridays episode was great, but im really saddened that Syed didn't go with his heart and choose Christian :( i was quite shocked at Zainab's reaction as well, i mean if she loves Syed how can she stand there and persuade him to marry someone he isn't in love with :unsure:

I really would wish people would stop being so ignorant when it comes to Syed,his family and their religion. I can understand where you are coming from but you also have to understand that if Syed chose Christian he would more than likely have lost his entire family, his entire religion and he would be forced out of his religion. Its not just as easy as "following your heart" .Thats what makes this storyline so interesting. I think Zainab believes herself when she says that in time he will learn to love Amira and she believes shes acting in Syed's best interests. As far as she is concerned homosexuality is completely and utterly forbidden because its what her religion taught her as every other practicing muslim. But this will all end in tears for somebody and it'll most likely be Amira.

I take my hat off to the Eastenders team who have come up yet again with a fantastic storyline. (I have lost count of how many of their storylines have touched me). They really do know how to create characters as much as they do storylines. A lot the characters on Eastenders at the moment have been amazingly written and are so interesting. This Syed and Christian storyline is no exception , I really can feel the pain of both of them , it reminds me of Brokeback Mountain actually which went on for lots and lots of years and it made the storyline more realistic although I cant see eastenders dragging it out that long :P

I think the writers decision to marry Syed and Amira is so much better than to have had it all revealed. I think its going to be good to see how Syed deals with being married to Amira whilst loving Christian , and also to see how Zainab copes and deals with what she knows. I have a feeling that Syed and Christian will never have a happy ending , after all Eastenders doesn't do happy endings :P

Chryed arent dead in the ground yet, the look on Syed's face proved. They will still have moments together.

When the time comes for the reveal I just hope that Syed just confesses to Amira instead of it being revealed by somebody else and in dramatic fashion. But then again we all want the drama don't we ? :P

I love this storyline and I can't wait to see how the rest of it pans out.

Chryed arent dead in the ground yet, the look on Syed's face proved. They will still have moments together.

I don't know why people are all for "Chryed" in my opinion the whole thing is just as bad as the Max/Stacey affair which I know you can't really compare to. But still Syed had an affair and lied to his whole family, so for me I just cannot warm up to this relationship. I think that for them to get together would be wrong purely because it is prime example of Adultery and deceit.

I don't find them sweet at all, they may be in love and they may share a few "awwww" scenes together but it still doesn't excuse the nitty gritty facts

1. Syed is still CHEATING! It doesn't matter that he doesn't want to be with Amira, the fact is he is and so he is still therefor betraying her.

2. He is contradicting his own beleifs

3. He was going behind his families backs and lying to them!

In my opinion after the first Kiss which was on Syed's behalf, Christian should have backed off a bit instead of allowing Syed to persue... they weren't in love then, they fell in love afterwards. Christian knew the moment it all became complicated and so he should have broken it off with Syed instead of allowing his heart to get broken later on down the road.

I just hope that their affair doesn't continue, and if it does then we need to see the ramifications of what would happen because in a Muslim society something like this for Syed would be pretty hard to deal with as he risks loosing everything. Its not so simple.

I don't know why people are all for "Chryed" in my opinion the whole thing is just as bad as the Max/Stacey affair which I know you can't really compare to. But still Syed had an affair and lied to his whole family, so for me I just cannot warm up to this relationship. I think that for them to get together would be wrong purely because it is prime example of Adultery and deceit.

I don't find them sweet at all, they may be in love and they may share a few "awwww" scenes together but it still doesn't excuse the nitty gritty facts

1. Syed is still CHEATING! It doesn't matter that he doesn't want to be with Amira, the fact is he is and so he is still therefor betraying her.

2. He is contradicting his own beleifs

3. He was going behind his families backs and lying to them!

In my opinion after the first Kiss which was on Syed's behalf, Christian should have backed off a bit instead of allowing Syed to persue... they weren't in love then, they fell in love afterwards. Christian knew the moment it all became complicated and so he should have broken it off with Syed instead of allowing his heart to get broken later on down the road.

I just hope that their affair doesn't continue, and if it does then we need to see the ramifications of what would happen because in a Muslim society something like this for Syed would be pretty hard to deal with as he risks loosing everything. Its not so simple.

You slate Syed for lying to his family and everyone but you also said how hard it would be for him in a muslim society if everyone found out.If lying is what it takes for him to keep his family and be a tiny bit happy then I am not sure what other choice he has. Obviously Syed is completely torn in all sorts of directions! He is torn between the man he really truly loves , if he wants a relationship with him then his mother and possibly the rest of his family disown him.

I don't agree with the cheating but to be fair he is only doing it with everybodys best interests at heart at the end of the day. I know that sounds stupid but hes with Amira to keep everyone else happy even though its making him unhappy. This is a very very complicated situation and its not just black and white. Syed is being punished for who he is , its a sad fact but theres nothing he can really do without breaking some hearts which he has tried to avoid. I can see Syed becoming depressed in his life to be honest and knowing Eastenders I don't see a happy ending. I could actually see Syed taking his own life but I don't think they will go down that route tbh.

Its completely unfair to compare Chryed to Stax! Stacey and Max was all about sex , Stacey only did it to get back at Bradley and he only slept with her because he wanted some sex. Although you can argue that Stax became deeper than sex after a while but its a completely different situation to Christian/Syed where Syed is gay and has no sexual feelings for Amira at all.

This is actually a very controversial topic throughout forums and public opinion ! Some people feel really strongly about the different aspects which is to be expected with such a complicated storyline!

I really would wish people would stop being so ignorant when it comes to Syed,his family and their religion. I can understand where you are coming from but you also have to understand that if Syed chose Christian he would more than likely have lost his entire family.

I'm not being ignorant about it, i know how there religion works, but a lot of people do break away from it and

if his family really love him then they would stick by him i would say, surely his happiness is more important?

If lying is what it takes for him to keep his family and be a tiny bit happy then I am not sure what other choice he has.

Its completely unfair to compare Chryed to Stax! Stacey and Max was all about sex , Stacey only did it to get back at Bradley and he only slept with her because he wanted some sex. Although you can argue that Stax became deeper than sex after a while but its a completely different situation to Christian/Syed where Syed is gay and has no sexual feelings for Amira at all.

You make it sound as though it is alright to be dishonest and mendacious when in fact in my opinion it couldn't be more deceitful and devious. :unsure: I accept that Syed and Christian are in love and I'm not at all in anyway slating them for being in love. :rolleyes:

I just think the sneaking around and lying is sordid and brings out the worst in Christian who has no reason to lie... he's not the one cheating, after all he's a free agent, but because of the situation he has been forced into lying and hiding his feelings to everyone else. To me it is extremely unfair of Syed to expect Christian to lie and then bed him when he feels like it.

And I do not in anyway think that it is unfair to compare Chryed to Stax... at the end of the day they are both affairs that were in for the sex - Although you may disagree.

Do you not think that if Syed was gay he would want to act upon those feeling by sleeping with Christian the man he claims to love? Would he not? Therefor it is about the sex however strong your argument is, the evidence is there.

And I agree that Stax/Chryed are both complete different situations however just because he is gay doesn't excuse the fact that it is alright to cheat on someone because you have no sexual feelings for them. Max cheated on Tanya & Syed cheated on Amira so that's why I compared them.

And I do feel for Syed in the respect that it is difficult for him to be who he truly is because of his family and religion however what bugs me is that he wants it all... he wants his cake and to eat it like somone I think mentioned?

Syed is now married and so him and Christian's affair shouldn't continue unless he tells the truth, leaves Amira and deserts his religion and family - which I personally cannot see happening. :ph34r:

Archived