2023 Season - UK Episode Discussion

Dan F

We did only see Leah sitting down, in SALT, in the Diner and on the beach, then  at the end she was standing at the counter.  I can't see a problem her doing the Diner accounts as long she doesn't tire herself, Justin will make sure of that.

Fangirl is  around as she texted Theo asking if he had a nice day at the beach!  Oh and Justin is keeping another secret - doesn't he ever learn!?  But as Red said Theo  has asked Rose's unofficial advice and he has blocked her, but of course that could  make her up her game.  She didn't like him not answering her texts right away.  I suppose as it is unofficial Rose can't ask the donut suppliers for the senders details.   She could, of course,  have just walked in and ordered it, paid by cash so a dead end there anyway.  Do we have any ideas of what she could look like.  A seemingly hot chick, full of confidence or someone more quieter, the one who fades into the background?  What did Theo do with those donuts btw, be a terrible waste just to dump them. 

Xander does appear OK, he's deleted Stacey from his phone so put her  in his past.  He didn't get too involved so didn't run the risk of getting  more hurt.   Up in the air a bit with Remi and his love life.  Xander did ask Remi if his hand was OK, he would be the right guy to give advice being a paramedic but Remi shrugged it off. 

Kirby and Theo have now noticed Remi's having real problems with his hand and then of course he passed out at the meeting with Justin, he was hallucinating.   Odd how they never seem to get the four of them all together at a meeting.  OK this time Eden is in hospital so excused but Theo was missing.   Men can  be so stubborn, Remi jumping off the stretcher and demanding he's FINE!  Xander was right he can't force him to go to hospital as he was conscious. It looks like Theo has a right go at him in the trailer, maybe that will do the trick. 

As an aside I do like Kirby's split tops, she's got  a couple of those.    Did I miss that or is that for real workers at the Diner get free meals? 

Maz officious, have you met Roo? ?  

Well, Theo and Kirby's attempts to reason with Remi failed, so time to bring out the big guns in the shape of Bree.Which seems to have done the trick, and I almost wonder if it was not wanting her to know what he'd done that caused him to refuse to get medical help for so long.

Karen did right in giving Ziggy and Dean some space, although it's a shame Justin keeps being told to stay away from Ziggy:He's known her a long time (longer than pretty much anyone else in the Bay) and considers her family.I did like Dean quickly realising that staring at a sleeping baby gets boring after a bit.

Eden's angst over Cash came out of nowhere at the end, so I guess that's going to be the focus of the next episode.I'm not quite sure what she remembers: She knows who Cash is and seems to remember their hook-up years ago, but does she remember anything about him since coming to Summer Bay?

Monday - Ah, there's nothing like a good 'refusal to seek medical treatment' story, with lots of stubbornness, stomping and self-flagellation (I'm over it already). If Rose thinks Theo's stan will be stopped by a simple phone block then she doesn't understand much about the narrative conventions in these parts. Yeah, I must admit I was a bit surprised to hear the Diner subs all its staffs' meals. Mind you, given Irene and Leah own the joint, I guess that only amounts to Marilyn and Kirby.

Tuesday - Glad the Remi/hand thing didn't drag on indefinitely, I guess it was just an excuse to get Bree back in his orbit. Karen showing a surprisingly maternal side after the Grommet's arrival, which was nice to see. I wish they'd give the Eden amnesia thing a rest already - she and Cash have basically slept together what, twice, and had about five angsty conversations? Whereas from the way she's talking you'd think they'd been engaged and shacked up for six months. Come to think of it, she's got amnesia, so maybe she thinks they have...!

• Haha 1

I'm glad Tane asked Felicity about setting a wedding date, since they did say they'd get married as soon as she got out of hospital and then as soon as Eden was better.Unfortunately, Felicity apparently can't deal with it right now and just fobbed him off.Meanwhile, Cash's chronic inability to just relax sees Eden asking him to leave.It's a shame we still didn't get any idea of how much she remembers about being in the Bay with him.

Mali seemed to get on well with Rose, although seeing her in uniform clearly threw him.I'm reminded of someone's suggestion that he was reading too much into Alf's abruptness towards him.Could it be that Mali's so used to people having a problem with him that he ends up seeing problems when they're not there and ironically prejudging them? It's the closest thing to a flaw we've seen from him so far.

Good news that Bree won't be facing charges, although not exactly good news from her point of view, since she didn't really want Jacob dead.

I'm kind of glad Eden can't remember what happened with Cash as I'm still hoping for something to happen with Rose.  Part of me is hoping he moves on, she remembers then realises what she's lost.

Well the stuff with Bikers is over (again).  Found it hard for Tex to convince as this ultra scary evil leader.

It's funny how Mali walked up to Rose and just asked her out.  He didn't even try and engage in some conversation first.  Not sure how professional that is hitting on his client's sister and even asking Xander to introduce them.

I'm of the believe that Felicity never really wanted to get married and only did because she felt compelled to out of love for Tane.  So I'm not surprised she's using Eden as a get out of jail card in response to Tane wanting to resume the wedding.

What's a stan??

Wow - Karen you go girl banning everyone from crowding in on  Dean, Ziggy and the little 'un so letting them settle in and get used to each other alone.   Don't Irene, Leah, Roo and Maz know Ziggy as long as Justin does?  Her getting high on caffeine  wasn't such a good idea.  Smart idea of hers putting the bassinet in Dean & Zig's bedroom where she'd be close to them.   I think Ziggy has been o'd'ing on baby books and getting too much advice on what new babies require as in the sleep they need and to feed them by routine,  all babies are different and they don't read books. ?  

Bree wasn't sure at first and it took some persuading from Eden for her to go and see Remi.  No way was she to blame for what happened to Remi, it was Jacob, he was a fully grown adult and knew what he was doing.  Glad she got him to see sense though, is she his doctor  which if she is it wouldn't be ethical for her to 'see' him. 

We, and Bree, got the DPP decision - good news too,  they aren't progressing any further as it was concluded it was self defence.  She did try and save him after whacking him, Xander was a witness as was Rose.  Very unfortunate, for Jacob, that it appeared she hit him on that particular spot.  Again she felt she had to apologise this time to Xander for what he did - no, no and thrice no it was all Jacob.  That's going to take a while for her work through that nothing was her fault and she had nothing to be blamed for.  Now he's dead there may be some relief to Bree but there is no real and I'm NOT using the c word for her.  He needed to pay for what he'd put her through and what he did to Remi. 

Btw it seems Xander is OK with her living at the Diner flat. 

It was Nik who suggested to Tane he start thinking about a new Wedding date.  Her drinking aside, Flick isn't exactly the right mind set to think about it. Eden is still in hospital so not going to be next week.  I and I may be way, way out there, but maybe she is scared the same thing could happen again.  Another car crash on the way to the ceremony - OK - the odds would be so against it you couldn't put bets on it.  Was she offered counselling in the hospital?

Cash was trying his best, love him by being 'acting' as Eden's friend, bringing in  her favourite  food/drinks.  But even, with her amnesia she could see how testing it was for him.  Didn't really solve anything for her though did it as she had to ask him what had happened recently and why he thought they could be an item.   Backfired a tad as she's banned him from  visiting.   A good idea from TPTB would have been Cash and Eden start again as friends and letting the romance grow in a natural way with no angst. 

Seeing as Mali has six older brothers/sisters not surprising he's so up front with people, being the youngest he'd have to get his voice heard very quickly otherwise he'd soon be overlooked.  I'm guessing he's got the  insurance sorted for him training clients.?

Rose is a grown up so didn't really need Xander's OK.  Xander is his client not Rose so nothing unethical about it.   She did have to shout out her name as he didn't ask her what it was, not knowing he already knew it.     May be getting it wrong but hadn't her dad died a good while ago and the dad she mentioned dying last year was Xander's dad and her step dad? Their date went well, walk home, just a kiss then he left.  Put  a big smile on Rose's face. 

What do we make of him seeming very disconcerted when he saw her in  her uniform?  Natural distrust of cops because of his heritage and the way he and his family and friends have been treated by them?  If so he shouldn't generalise like that.   Rose, being mixed race would have come across bias/prejudice herself.   

1 hour ago, H&Alover said:

What's a stan??

An obsessive fan, harks back to an Eminem song of the same name (the idea being it was a portmanteau of 'stalker' and 'fan')

1 hour ago, H&Alover said:

May be getting it wrong but hadn't her dad died a good while ago and the dad she mentioned dying last year was Xander's dad and her step dad?

I don't think anything's been said about Rose's biological father, other than he was out of the picture before she was born. But yes she'd have been referring to Jasmine and Xander's dad who brought her up.

• Like 2

There's something rather ironic about the fact that Cash, who tends to be a bit of a square, was totally into the idea of a party while Tane, whose life was one long party when we first met him before he got responsible, looked as though he'd rather they all went home and left him in peace.And I love that John not only blagged himself an invite but actually turned up.Tane could probably have realised earlier that Felicity wasn't in the mood for wedding talk and left it for another time, but I did like their final talk where she confided about constantly remembering the accident.I think if Tane hadn't proposed, she'd have happily kept on the way they were indefinitely, but I do think there was a part of her that was looking forward to the wedding, as well as a part that was overwhelmed by the whole thing.

Maybe it's because we know Rose better but Mali came across as a bit of a jerk here.It's lucky he never found out that Cash is a cop as well. Oh well, he seemed to calm down and be friendly towards Rose eventually, so I'll give him that.There did seem to be a slight touch of "You had your chance" about the way Cash was looking at them...

I do take Gabe's point about Felicity helping herself to drink (I wonder if he knows about Dean using Salt as his personal larder?), but he needs to accept that Mackenzie knows Felicity better than him rather than judging their partnership on a few minutes' acquaintance.That said, he did the right thing at the end, removing himself from the scene when it became clear his opinion wasn't a popular one, and my sympathies swung back towards him when Mackenzie went chasing after him to have a go.