2023 Season - UK Episode Discussion

Dan F

I should possibly be more sympathetic towards Bree than I am, but it feels like she's handling this wrong.I guess she shouldn't feel under any pressure to reveal the full story of what happened to her, but it seems like she's convinced herself she's keeping Remi in the dark for his own good, because the truth would hurt him, but it seems as though keeping him at arm's length, with him not having a clue what's going on, is hurting him more.I would hope he would understand why she did what she did but if he doesn't, well, at least she gave him the chance.

I guess at least Cash has confided in Rose but his insistence on doing everything off the books is more than a little frustrating.I'm not sure going to see Tex will achieve much.Nice to see Officer Martinez again, previously seen where Colby and Ari were in jail.

And good to see Irene too.No explanation for where she's been, maybe that'll come when she's allowed a word in edgeways.

I think Mackenzie's right that Gabe is no Jacob, but otherwise it's up to her whether or not she forgives him or accepts his money.I'm not sure if he took the cheque back or not but then he doesn't really have to, as long as Mackenzie doesn't pay it in.

We know what Bree told Rose was the truth as we saw it happen, but what we didn't see was him raping her because that is was it was - rape!  No matter she didn't fight or resist as she was scared not to let him do what he did.  Our usual initial thought  when we hear the word rape  is like what happened to Bianca, but it doesn't always have to be violent like hers.  Remi did as Rose asked, he gave her space, just waved at her when he saw her, it was her that approached him.  Unfairly, or not, in her mind, she is thinking he'd be like Jacob. I think the Remi we've come to know would understand why she had to give in.  Nice he paid a visit to Eden. 

I liked the way Remi defended Mac against Gabe as all he saw was this random guy hassling another woman.   At least Mac gave Gabe the opportunity to explain himself and why he felt he had no choice but to take Rick's money.  It seems he's made it in whatever he went onto to do and feels he can now be worthy of her or rather Rick. 

We should know Cash by now that he can be very single-minded.  Rose certainly helped by just moving onto the most recent communication by that  guy to Tex.  It wasn't anyone  that Cash knew as he didn't clock he was at the hospital because as he said to Rose he didn't know when it was sent. The way Tex greeted him was like he hadn't already seen him. ?

Good news, by proxy, that Leah seems to be recovering. 

Hardly call Alf a little birdie - more of  a big one!??

Random chat with Marilyn and Bree but of course she has no idea of what has really happened, Bree hid her latest marks very cleverly.  No doubt, though the truth of what has happened to Jacob will be out there soon.   

• Like 1

Rather enjoyed seeing Tex has always reminded me both in looks and generally personality of Walter Koenig's character Alfred Bester in Babylon 5, that irritating calmness that makes him even more likely to be punched.

On a side note, I couldn't see the credits of yesterday's, does anyone know the name of Officer Martinez, I reconise hi from another role but just can't quite put my finger on it?

2 hours ago, H&Alover said:

Hardly call Alf a little birdie - more of  a big one!??

I absolutely fell about laughing at that! ?

4 hours ago, Foellfan said:

On a side note, I couldn't see the credits of yesterday's, does anyone know the name of Officer Martinez, I reconise hi from another role but just can't quite put my finger on it?

Shameer Birges

We do include the guest cast lists in our ep guides on the site if you need them again at any point ?- https://www.backtothebay.net/episodes/2023/episode-7951/

• Like 2

Not quite sure that Tex's comment was as much of a smoking gun as Cash thought it was, but with a lot of help from Rose, he did manage to put together some reasonably concrete evidence.Still, it seems letting the taskforce swoop in and arrest Lloyd doesn't really satisfy him, he needs to go and be macho himself.

Irene's habit of being several steps behind continues: I wonder how long it'll take her to work out that Bree came up with a quicker way of ending the marriage than divorce? I'm not sure if Bree was being (selectively) honest with Remi or if the "I don't trust my feelings" thing was a way to keep him at arm's length.

Dean seems to like Gabe more than Mackenzie does! Looks like he'll have a few other things on his mind soon though...

13 minutes ago, c120701 said:

Is Leah’s hospitalisation just the latest way to write Ada Nicodemou out for a bit? She’s barely been seen since the accident.

She was in two episodes last week which is normal for her: We haven't seen Tane, Felicity and Nikau since then either (although Tane and Felicity were in today's promo). If she doesn't turn up this week, then you're probably right.

• Thanks 1

I'm sure Cash and Tane think they're doing what's best but I'm really not convinced that keeping things from Felicity like this is helping.Tane telling Cash to explain to her why he's moving out when he can't actually tell her the real reason was especially ridiculous.That said, given that Felicity's blaming herself for them being in a rush, I'm not sure that revealing the brakes had been cut would alleviate her guilt that much.I thought for a moment that Cash was going to give Justin a better apology but instead he apologised to Irene for being short with her!

I did find some very amusing moments in Dean and Ziggy's scenes, like Dean's hastily backtracking from telling Ziggy to sit down ("Or not"). I'm not sure what the deal is with Mali.He's been doing work for Dean for a while, but no-one else seems to have met him.So I assumed Dean must be collecting stuff from him, but today showed Mali making a delivery to the surf club.So, is that the first time he's done that?

And, yes, as someone said in another thread, nice to get a reference to the fact that Irene's grandchildren would be pretty old by now! (Or some of them anyway.)