2023 Season - UK Episode Discussion

Dan F

On 12/04/2023 at 21:43, Dan F said:

Anyone notice the potential in-joke with the name given in the credits for the surf club's IT expert...? ??

Hide contents

itcrowd-moss-office.jpg

@H&Alover@Red Ranger 1@atrus

Am I missing something with the guest cast in that link? I can only see baby Izzy.

Ok, so who is checking back through 35 years of Home and Away to see if Alf has ever drunk a cup of coffee?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, c120701 said:

Am I missing something with the guest cast in that link? I can only see baby Izzy.

Hmm, looks like there's a little glitch with navigation, which doesn't appear to those of us logged in to the publishing system, so cheers for flagging that up  - the character's name was simply 'Moss' anyway ?

• Thanks 1

Alf Roberts and Alf Stewart, getting mixed up with each other since 1988. (Home and Away introducing an Irene Roberts, which was technically the name of one of Alf Roberts' wives although she was invariably called Renee, hasn't helped!)

Dean and Ziggy had some good comedy, especially when they left the baby behind in the house, but I can't say I'm that worked up about Izzy's possible illness.Rose and Mali hit another stumbling block, although I liked Rose's banter with Kirby and managing to have a chat with Xander even though he'd probably rather stick his fingers in his ears at too much information. Does Kirby only work shifts with Marilyn? Has Irene still not said anything about her drill sergeant nasty act, or does she just stand there with a bemused look on her face at workplace bullying?

I'm pretty sure Alf's drank coffee in the past when this supposed character trait has been forgotten.John was well-intentioned but I grimaced at a manual with his smiling face on the cover.Not for the first time, Marilyn gives John a telling off even though Alf's the one behaving badly. And people still think they should get back together...

Ah, the problem of Cash being involved with two storylines: He uses up his episodes too early, so we're left with Eden constantly ignoring phone calls from him and killing time until they can be in the same episode again.Worrying Kirby like that was a bit thoughtless as well.

I have found most the stories boring but One thing I will comment on is I’m not sure how Theo wouldn’t know who Ava is just proves that characters don’t really talk about their history together  Ava she’s ok slightly annoying but I’m not really believing she’s Justin’s daughter her head swap has happened too many times 

Dean and Ziggy have been amusing but shame Ziggy got over her struggles with being a mother so easily 

Tane Felcity Cash and Eden I don’t really care about Felicity doesn’t seem drunk considering she drinks straight from the bottle 

Another thing is I’m not sure what has happened to Alf he has turned horrible when he used to be amusing 

When Remi was talking about leaving I think it was a shame he didn’t 

13 hours ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

Alf Roberts and Alf Stewart, getting mixed up with each other since 1988. (Home and Away introducing an Irene Roberts, which was technically the name of one of Alf Roberts' wives although she was invariably called Renee, hasn't helped!)

What a galah am I -  of course Alf is Stewart!?

Edited by H&Alover
  • Like 1

That was a ? moment when Ziggy & Dean rushed out with all the baby gear forgetting the person who it was all for.?   Pretty sure plenty of new mums and dads could relate to that.  Not surprising the little mite was hot, bundled up like it was freezing, does it get freezing in Aus?? Babies can't regulate their temperatures until they are older.  A one off visit OK but  and I'm only surmising, so it's not a spoiler, but Ziggy's seemingly over reaction by rushing her back to the hospital may not be that. 

We are talking of John here so of course he'd have his pic on the front of the manual.? Alf will regret his attitude about not wanting to get onboard with the updates as he'll be missing  out of any Surf Club news which  he is President of which would not look good.  Maz, aside from Irene,  in the bay, can tell John off, he  does listen to them.    Roo needs to have a quiet word (or six) to Alf.  Is she still doing her tutoring btw? ?

Kirby did seem to be neglecting her duties somewhat, she was late  in again, chatting away, not fair on the rest of the workers, but Maz could have toned her manner down.   Eden has caller name on her phone so would know who is calling so just to ignore Kirby's calls was thoughtless.   Cash must be very bemused, not to mention confused, by Eden's on/off attitude towards him, only wish she had told him what is going on though, he'd understand.   Good to see her though trying to work her feelings out by writing a new song.

Mali has decided to stay in the bay then and rented one of the vans.  Very, very TMI for Xander to hear when Mali and Rose were having their -  er um - chat.?    OK I am not up there with young 'uns fashion but that shirt of Mali's - what???    That van wasn't Tex's was it,  only Rose's reaction when she saw what she saw which made her stop ripping Mali's shirt off and run off may have reminded her of the last new bloke in town she got involved with and look how he turned out.  

Looks like we could have  another new drama unfolding.  Gabe collapsing, being taken to ND's,  Bree seeing him and his comment "It's come back". ?  

I really should watch the scene again but I'm assuming that Theo had heard of Ava, he just didn't know what she looked like.He did the whole "Are you a customer?" thing before her name was mentioned.

Alf's episode count this week:Four. Only characters to make three were Irene, Marilyn and Justin.

So, yeah, while it probably wasn't too serious since a night in hospital cleared it up, Ziggy doesn't seem to have been overreacting with Izzy. Well, at least until now.Despite Dean giving her a "You're not a bad mother" pep-talk, she seems determined to make up for her perceived mistake.But you can't protect babies from germs completely and I'm not even certain it would be sensible to do so.

Bree had a busy episode, not only looking after Izzy (and by extension Ziggy and Dean) but Gabe as well.Having not been keen on Gabe in recent weeks, I did feel a lot of sympathy for him here, desperately trying to hold it together as his worst fear apparently comes true.

Something of a technological faux pas by Alf. (They make it too easy to make mistakes these days: I remember when you had to select every recipient!) At least he was willing to accept help from Roo in the end, while admitting he won't make a good student, Mali was polite towards Rose but a bit distant, so it makes sense that he somehow thought they'd broken up, and he did listen to her in the end (after a bit of prompting from Xander).

On 14/04/2023 at 01:00, Red Ranger 1 said:

Well, this utterly confused me until I went to Wikipedia! :lol:I'd never even heard of an Alf Roberts but then, I was never a Corrie watcher.

Thursday - gosh, this show is getting to be a struggle some weeks; I was almost at the stage of hoping the baby was ill just so something would happen. Lots more relationship-associated moping, particularly on Eden's part - and now she's writing songs about it too. I can't decide whether Cash not being in the episode made it better or worse. Mali and Rose was a bit more interesting, I suppose, and I'm mildly curious to see what Rose's hang-up of the week is all about. Admittedly, Marilyn did annoy me today the way she practically leapt on Izzy's pram at the coffee cart; and speaking of coffee, yeah, I thought it was a bit risky of today's scriptwriter to assume Alf has never had one since 1988. Surely on the balance of probabilities that's going to prove wrong; even if something is written in his character file saying he's shunned it all his life, such details are frequently overlooked on soap.

Friday - so, today's episode has a doctor in it, meaning that Izzy's affliction can actually be diagnosed this time. Dean is more or less just being Dean and obviously it is slightly different for him already having Jai, but I think they're doing a good job with Ziggy of getting across the anxieties new mothers face and the overwhelming sense of responsibility. The Tex explanation for Rose's hesitancy with Mali made perfect sense, actually; indeed, it would probably be a bit strange if she didn't have any reservations. I think it's a bit much to chuck a serious illness at the totally unknown quantity of Gabe at this stage and expect us to be that bothered.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, atrus said:

Well, this utterly confused me until I went to Wikipedia! :lol:I'd never even heard of an Alf Roberts but then, I was never a Corrie watcher.

Thursday - gosh, this show is getting to be a struggle some weeks; I was almost at the stage of hoping the baby was ill just so something would happen. Lots more relationship-associated moping, particularly on Eden's part - and now she's writing songs about it too. I can't decide whether Cash not being in the episode made it better or worse. Mali and Rose was a bit more interesting, I suppose, and I'm mildly curious to see what Rose's hang-up of the week is all about. Admittedly, Marilyn did annoy me today the way she practically leapt on Izzy's pram at the coffee cart; and speaking of coffee, yeah, I thought it was a bit risky of today's scriptwriter to assume Alf has never had one since 1988. Surely on the balance of probabilities that's going to prove wrong; even if something is written in his character file saying he's shunned it all his life, such details are frequently overlooked on soap.

Friday - so, today's episode has a doctor in it, meaning that Izzy's affliction can actually be diagnosed this time. Dean is more or less just being Dean and obviously it is slightly different for him already having Jai, but I think they're doing a good job with Ziggy of getting across the anxieties new mothers face and the overwhelming sense of responsibility. The Tex explanation for Rose's hesitancy with Mali made perfect sense, actually; indeed, it would probably be a bit strange if she didn't have any reservations. I think it's a bit much to chuck a serious illness at the totally unknown quantity of Gabe at this stage and expect us to be that bothered.

I think we are supposed to care about Mac more than Gabe I seen him come out the sea holding his head and then kind of skipped the rest it’s like the actor kind of said naa I want out his cancer crap seems very random 

Think you're right there Red, of course Theo would have heard of Ava, though she hasn't been been mentioned on screen for yonks,  but maybe Justin has an old photo of her online/his phone.  Actually that would be Justin all over not wanting to acknowledge his 'little' girl is growing up. 

NO, NO Ziggy NEVER consult Dr. Google!?  Babies and little 'uns are supposed to be exposed to the outside world, other people and maybe get infections, it's to build up their immune system.  People do tend to fret about it more nowadays, too much info out there sometimes and it always seems to lean towards the negative.   Back in the day, babies were passed around all the family, put out in the garden breathing in fresh air, taken for walks, seeing all sorts of people.  It would be very rare for Izzy to have any serious/life limiting. 

A very tiny nit pick but where was this board Gabe was supposed to have hit his head on?   How very handy Xander was there and when he collapsed at SALT at least Gabe didn't do the macho thing of "I'm OK, I don't need to go to hospital".   He must have had some inkling something wasn't right.  He was very upfront with Bree about it too, must be frightening to think it may have come back. 'We' were informed it only occurred a couple of years ago so after the break up with Mac so she knows nothing about it.  Gabe may be shady or not with his dealings with  Mac, but no-one deserves what he has had/has.  Convenient Mac had meetings in the city so that talk is to happen. 

Glad Rose finally told Mali about her bad experience with Tex, though she didn't name him, it really was a case of "It's not you, it's me".  She can't take it out on any other fellow she meets, it's not their fault.  Good bit of guidance for Mali and Rose from Xander to listen to each other, and for them to give each other another chance.   Maybe take it a bit slower this time. 

Faux pas - that's an understatement -  BIG mistake there Alf!  Bad mouthing John to all and sundry by hitting Reply to all.  Roo,  mentioned, I think,  she is still doing her tutoring.   Like to see how Alf gets out of this one.  John can be quite understanding with Alf's insults and slights but not if it's all round the bay.  Is it going to be mouses (mice)? at dawn on the beach?

Dean & Ziggy have  a surprise visitor this week.???