2023 Season - UK Episode Discussion

Dan F

5 hours ago, CaptainHulk said:

I was expecting a Fight to the Death and for Bree to roll him in and start shovellin' but I guess she saw how THAT turned out for Elly on Neighbours?

Yes, making different life choices than Elly from Neighbours is always a good starting point, I feel. :lol: I was expecting Bree to shovel him into the hole too, so was genuinely very relieved when she called the ambulance immediately. Not that he particularly deserved her compassion, but it marked her out as very much the better person and will surely mean she's far less likely to get into trouble over it, too - though no doubt the police will have to ask her some questions, and knowing H&A will end up making a mountain of a molehill at least for a while. I would've preferred if Jacob had survived and we got some aftermath with him/analysis of why he became such a creeper, but it seems the writers are ready to move on now that the "running through the bush screaming" segment is done.

Elsewhere, Mali's mysterious reason for visiting was... to make a baby surfboard for the nursery wall. Which was cute, don't get me wrong, but not necessarily worthy of such a build-up in the episode prior. Evidently, either River Boy introductions aren't what they used to be, or he's not a River Boy (hoping for the latter).

21 hours ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

So, Alf got a "Oh, have you been somewhere?" return

Yes, that was odd. I'm assuming he's been in Merimbula with She Who Shall Not Be Named, but if that's the case I'd rather they just said so than tiptoed around it. Presumably we'll get another few months of this and then something will have to give, because he can't go on not mentioning her, surely.

Edited by atrus
  • Like 1

I was also pleased that Bree called an ambulance and tried to resuscitate Jacob.In a sense, dying gets him off the hook:He never has to face up to the reality that marrying Bree doesn't make her his property and died thinking he was justified.But on the other hand, it does get Bree off the hook as well:No looking over her shoulder or having to prove her claims against him.The police were surprisingly blase about her killing someone, even accidentally and kind of in self-defence, so not sure what the legal fallout there will be, although she's feeling the emotional fallout.Rose turning up to see Remi seemed to mirror his dream:Lucky she cut to the chase about Bree being alive!

I actually rather like that Mali was there to help Mackenzie with the nursery, and I especially like how delighted Dean and Ziggy were with it, although it's a shame Justin wasn't around for the unveiling.Of course, Mackenzie then has a panic of her own...

I'm not keen on Dean suddenly taking a dislike to Stacey, who's seemed a good worker up until now, because it seems unlikely it would happen unless he's meant to have a point.Xander asking her to move in with him reminded me of Rose's comments about him plunging headlong into a relationship without thinking:She's only just getting used to being exclusive, does he want to give her another reason to look like a deer in the headlights?

• Like 2

I’m not sure if I want to keep watching but

Far too much Bree stuff for me crap as ever really hated that story Shame that Pi didn’t help Remi could have made the story slightly interesting Ok I don’t know why Bree was writing Remi that letter I don’t know was she going to try and post it? I don’t know what she was expecting to happen to Jacob when she smacked him with that branch she must have known it would probably kill him Anywho I don’t think I disliked a character this early on as I do Bree I know it won’t happen but can they put her character on long break?

Things I liked the Dean and Ziggy nursery stuff was cool I liked Mali he seems like a laugh and his little gomit surfboard was funny  is that all he did to help I question would they have that close of reletionship with their broad designer though it seems a Stretch

Theo dude be kinder to your fans haha

i expect that is Gabe there for Mac I will definitely be skipping that story 

Edited by pembie

Well thanks for the spoiler there as most of us don't know who this bearded guy was. ? We don't all watch the afternoon time slot at the time.  I had read who is was but was keeping ???  Seems to be a lot of ? popping up in SALT lately.

Ziggy did her best trying to sympathise with Remi, but he so wasn't in the mood, but at least it stopped him drinking.  He was going through it remembering his times with Bree. 

That was unexpected, Bree using Jacob's shovel not a branch so someone not watching properly again, against him.  No way did she mean to kill him, just wanted to knock him out so she could escape, either a lucky or from Jacob's point of view of course unlucky blow or he had a very thin skull. Didn't know her own strength did she?  I was holding my breath a bit expecting him to suddenly grab her but they avoided that old cliche.  She was the bigger woman by trying to resusitate him.  Of course she was able to get a signal which isn't usually the case.  They can't have been that far away from the bay after all as Xander and Rose turned up so must be on their patch. 

Good and bad that Jacob died, only her word for what he had been doing, though there was that injury to her head and the bruise on her jaw. The police will want to question her as the blow was at the back of his head.  Not sure they will make of the partly dug grave. Yes, he's dead so no more her waiting for him to show up and not knowing what mood he would be in, but there is going to be no justice for her really seeing him possibly locked up as he was never going to leave her alone never mind how many AVO's he would be served. 

Was an echo of the previous day with Rose knocking on the door.

I think I can see where this is going and just my speculation NOT a spoiler, but I think Bree won't be able to handle being near Remi so will dump him. She rejected him when he tried to touch her at the hospital and told him to go.  I feel there would be too many bad memories for her if she stayed with him. 

Do we mean MARTHA!??  People do know who he goes to visit. 

We needed those light hearted scenes after all that.  Wow Mali certainly has a big family and all sisters!  He'll know how to treat women right.  He and Mac got on really well. That board went down very well,  a lovely thought  and it's something he/she will be able to keep. How did Mali and Mac know each other I missed that bit, even Dean didn't know and they are old friends.   That was a quite an unveiling and the nursery looked lovely, neutral colour so doesn't matter if it's a grommit or grommite.  Nice and bright too, I'm sure Ziggy and Dean will thank Justin when they see him and he's in a better place which it does look like he will be. ?  That big question hanging over his head seems to have been resolved. 

He did look like he was going to make a move on Stacey but backed off when Dean told him she had a boyfriend.  I think it looked to Dean that Stacey wasn't looking after the gym, she was playing pool with this random woman, she was pretty sneery with him though.

Not one of your best ideas Xander asking Stacey to move in with you.  OK she and Rose are friends now but (a) she should still be asked and (b) it's too soon, just because you had  a good weekend away on your own doesn't  mean it'll work out if you live together.  Btw where is she living, not in that motel.

Maz doesn't seem to be coping on her own, usually there are least two of them running the place, not knocking the staff btw, but someone has to be in charge.  Hence Alf ringing Irene to come back from wherever she is.

45 minutes ago, H&Alover said:

Well thanks for the spoiler there as most of us don't know who this bearded guy was. ? We don't all watch the afternoon time slot at the time.  I had read who is was but was keeping ???  Seems to be a lot of ? popping up in SALT lately.

Ziggy did her best trying to sympathise with Remi, but he so wasn't in the mood, but at least it stopped him drinking.  He was going through it remembering his times with Bree. 

That was unexpected, Bree using Jacob's shovel not a branch so someone not watching properly again, against him.  No way did she mean to kill him, just wanted to knock him out so she could escape, either a lucky or from Jacob's point of view of course unlucky blow or he had a very thin skull. Didn't know her own strength did she?  I was holding my breath a bit expecting him to suddenly grab her but they avoided that old cliche.  She was the bigger woman by trying to resusitate him.  Of course she was able to get a signal which isn't usually the case.  They can't have been that far away from the bay after all 

I didn’t say who Gabe was in relation to Mackenzie so not really a spoiler thanks very much 

Also shovel branch whatever don’t really matter I wasn’t saying Bree meant to kill him im saying she must have realised that would be a strong possibility 

Dont seem that friendly on here anymore I don’t think 

Alf's episode count this week:Three. Eden was in three, but was unconscious for two of them. Irene and Roo still nowhere to be seen, but at least we got a sort-of explanation. Thing haven't settled down much in premiere week with eleven characters, including non-regular Gary, making three appearances.

Well, I did watch the afternoon (and only Channel 5 these days) showing at the time, so I know who Gabe is, and so does Dean after being drafted in as a rather bemused bouncer.Mackenzie's initial reaction to him did seem a bit over the top, but she talked to him eventually.While she got answers, they don't exactly show him in a good light.Is there any reason why Rick wanted rid of Gabe, beyond "Well, he's a baddie, isn't he?"

Okay, fair play to Cash for apologising to Justin, albeit in a bit of a throwaway manner.I did like seeing Cash and Gary working together as a detective team, with Gary demonstrating how he's managed to police a small town on his own all these years:He quickly worked out the brakes must have been cut the night before the wedding and asked the pertinent question of how anyone could know about the ute.It's a shame he's off again, especially since Cash is acting as though he's not going to involve the taskforce at all.

Okay, so Xander and Stacey have weathered the latest problem and even Dean seems to have other things to worry about right now, so fingers crossed!

I did notice they had changed Eden's bandage/plaster on her head.  Silly, but it was bothering me seeing that blood spot. It may have looked like a small injury but of course you can't tell what damage there is in the inside. Justin a bonk on the head, but his car had an air bag.

Right, so it just took the investigative cops to let Cash know the brakes had been tampered with and he remembers the bikers price on his head?  Mind you he may not have, just me forgetting. ?   I was expecting a much better apology from him to Justin than that, on knees, grovelling maybe. A big weight off Justin's shoulders though.   News of how well Leah is getting on just being dropped in. 

After all these days he's been glued to Eden's bedside chair and now he's off visiting Tex, can he get  a visit that quick even if he is a cop(?), then going by the suggestion Tex knew all  about the Ute, he and Gary going on a bug hunt at the Parata's.  Should we skip how they managed to get  in and plant them? ?  I have asked before but it was a fluke Eden was driving that fast as she was trying to make up time, Cash and Felicity wouldn't have been so how would their crash been orchestrated?   I'll miss Gary.  Cash may check in with the Task Force but of course ignore their advice.  He's too fired up, we have seen what he can be like. 

My thoughts about why Gabe took that money - $50,000 - from how long ago we don't know yet.  He was 'poor' at least in Rick's eyes so obviously not good enough for his daughter.  He seems to have done well for himself if he can just hand her over a cheque for $50,000 as long as it doesn't bounce that is.?   Both Dean and Gabe got a shock when they found out who each other was.  Dean had wise words for Mac, who'd thought that, about her hearing Gabe out before chucking him out of town.  

Xander back pedalled his suggestion that Stacey move in so back on an even path for them.  

Friday - So, it seems a little late in the day to be dropping bombs about Mackenzie's past - but I guess she's right in that she didn't necessarily have any cause to mention her almost-wedding to Dean. I had to laugh at Dean's surprise when he learned the wedding was called off a mere two months before - that's surely about the average entire engagement period in soapland. Gabe seems quite genuine in wanting to make amends but perfectly understandable if Mack doesn't want to give him that opportunity. Not surprised Stacey wasn't keen on moving in with Xander given she's only just agreed to a monogamous relationship with him; he definitely needs to rein it in a bit. Starting to think Leah isn't going to have a Diner to come back to by the time she's recovered, the rate Marilyn's going.

Monday - Good to see Irene back for the sake of the Diner's bank balance, though frustrating to follow it up with her being treated as a hindrance by Cash when she called round to check on him. Once upon a time Irene would've been the linchpin of the resistance against crims descending on the town - now she's just treated as surplus to requirements. No idea whether we should be trusting Gabe or not, but Mackenzie already seems to be wavering in her decision to cut him out. I really hope that Bree is wrong about Remi holding her sleeping with Jacob against her. I suspect a fair bit of teeth-gnashing and stomping about is inevitable from him when he finds out, but hopefully it's directed at Jacob rather than Bree - as Rose said, it wasn't a situation in which meaningful consent could be given.

• Like 1

So somehow Marilyn who was running the Diner on her own also managed to run the Coffee Cart, and not just the Coffee Cart in it’s usual location, she wheeled it and moved all the tables & chairs all the way to the Surf Club!

Also, I wouldn’t worry about Alf & Martha, he forgot she was alive for 30 years before, he can do it again.

Edited by c120701