2023 Season - UK Episode Discussion

Dan F

I'm now wondering if I was right about Tane running into the flames only being in the promo, because it was in the recap today.Can't be bothered to check, so apologies if I got it wrong.The point was that the ute wasn't burning until Felicity started rocking and banging it and ignited the petrol.Anyway, I'm glad Tane got her out, and also glad we didn't have the cliche of the ute exploding just as they got clear.(Aside from the magic flying car, things haven't been handled too badly...although the toxins from the entrapment got forgotten very quickly!) Liked their interaction at the hospital as well, and Nikau was actually pretty practical getting everyone changes of clothes.

Justin is now on a massive guilt trip thanks to Cash, although he's not willing to share it with Leah yet.It was a bit silly that Rose seemed to drive Remi and Kirby to the hospital so they could stand by Eden's bedside for a minute or so and then drive them straight back!

That was a bit of a mind screw at the end, yes, with nothing to suggest Remi was dreaming until he woke up.

Cash was annoying, leaping into the predictable blame-game with Justin (you know it's Home and Away when someone launches into a furious tirade about a ute). But mostly glad that everyone else is basically OK, even if it does feel like rather a waste of a good stunt not to kill anyone. (I'm assuming Eden won't die, given she's only been in it a few months.)

When Remi woke up from his dream, I briefly wondered if we were back in July last year, and Bob, Eden and Kirby were about to burst into his room and announce that they'd booked a three-year-long regular gig on the Gold Coast, so couldn't go to Summer Bay and hold an impromptu concert on Felicity's front lawn after all. No? Hey-ho.

• Haha 1

"Tane shows superhuman strength" - Really?

I guess one positive about the car crash is that we won't have to listen to Leah nag Justin for a little while.  And of course, if Felicity doesn't want to go through with the wedding she's got a decent excuse now.

I also wasn't happy with how Cash blamed Justin.  Can't wait for him to eat his words, especially when he finds out he was the intended target.

• Like 1

Very pleased to see Kyle Shilling join the cast as Mali in the first regular Indigenous Aussie role (only took them 35 years, but progress is progress), and he seems like a lively and likeable new addition judging by today. Is it all tempered by the apparent fact that he's yet another unconnected twentysomething? Well, I'll withhold judgement on that until we find out whether he really is unconnected, or if family will be following him in (or if he has secret family already here!) Seems from where things were left that we're likely to learn more tomorrow about what he's doing in town, anyhow - I recall the last time the board shop's suppliers featured in a storyline, they turned out to be drug-smugglers, so let's hope we aren't going down that path again.

Not much to say on Bree other than the token "hope she escapes" and "hope that hole Jacob was digging in the promo is a water trough to keep their beer cool". Oh, and when Remi was drinking at the bar in Salt I had a massive déjà vu moment, recalling that guy who looked exactly like Remi who collapsed and died while drinking at the bar a few weeks ago. So I'll throw in a token, "hope history doesn't repeat itself," too.

Edited by atrus

Bit of a Snoozer today even with *Aussie voice* "Scenes of Mild Threat and Peril" but we get a nice laidback intro on Mali (Dear Producers, don't frig this guy up or else!) nice not to have someone running from something/someone or conking someone with a blunt instrument!

5 hours ago, Slade said:

I also wasn't happy with how Cash blamed Justin.  Can't wait for him to eat his words, especially when he finds out he was the intended target.

*put-on Aussie voice* "He'll pack it, I reckon!"?

Yeah, Mali's likable enough on first impressions, which is pretty much all you can say about him, except it's nice for Dean to have a friend, I guess, and he handled John well. So, Alf got a "Oh, have you been somewhere?" return and we're told that Irene's away too, although we're not told where. (Visiting Fin/Visiting Heath and Bianca/Visiting Jasmine/Mountaineering in the Alps/Delete as applicable.)

It might have been an idea for Remi to go ahead and hire that PI anyway, even if the guy was rather sceptical about the likelihood of Bree wanting to return.Bree's own escape plan seemed poorly thought out: So she writes Remi a note, what's she going to do then, stick it in a bottle and bury it in the woods?

One thing that's been bugging me this week, and this episode brought it into focus: Last time we saw Xander in 2022 season he was heading off on a weekend away with Stacey, the following three episodes seemed to take place in a short space of time, he was back at work on Monday and here Remi says that Bree, who disappeared the same day he left, has been missing three nights.So he must have been gone two nights at most and back at work the following day?

9 hours ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

It might have been an idea for Remi to go ahead and hire that PI anyway, even if the guy was rather sceptical about the likelihood of Bree wanting to return.Bree's own escape plan seemed poorly thought out: So she writes Remi a note, what's she going to do then, stick it in a bottle and bury it in the woods?

?Message in a bottle, yeah...?

That was a fluke both Felicity and Tane got out pretty much unscathed and Tane got very heartfelt thanks from Gary. 

It did seem to take awhiles for the news about Felicity and Eden being in the same crash as Justin and Leah to get to Theo and Kirby. He'd been avoiding answering his phone because of Fangirl/guy.  Kirby told him to ignore her/him but he didn't want to appear rude.  Definitely getting stalkerish now.  Leah must know Justin is hiding something from her, she knows him too well.  But of course in her current state, whatever that is, wasn't said what her injuries were, she doesn't need the extra worry. Did Theo help out the the renovation of the Ute, Ziggy did, does she know of the accusation?  We do see it all the time in soaps the wrong person gets the blame initially until the truth comes out. It's like doctors getting shouted out about not being able to tell relatives/friends about the condition of their relative/friend.  The police will get to the truth about the brakes having been mucked with even with the car being  so burnt.  

Felicity, at present, is very eager to marry Tane.  

Eden's injury may not look much, but it's the damage inside we can't see that holds the key as to how well she recovers.

Alf must have been, though he didn't say, visiting Martha so he had to be brought up to date as to why there diversions on his way home. Yes and a mention of Irene being away!? Poor Maz panicking  about the bread order or lack of. 

New guy Mali, yes let's hope he is just that a good guy, not too squeaky clean, he knows Dean after all, but nothing bad in his past.  He, it appeared from what he said, doesn't live that locally.  I remember about the last time board shop suppliers were involved, but he's a board shaper, is that something different?  He knew how to smoozh John.   Btw this is the first TV role for actor,  Kyle Shilling,  like Patrick O'Conner's and look how well that has gone for him. 

Xander and Stacey's weekend away must have been at the same time as ours.?

Has Remi forgotten how large Australia is? The UK is only a small country in comparison but if people want to go off grid like Jacob does, they can do just that. Bree and Jacob could be anywhere, though we know they are in the bush somewhere.  Remi even if he'd been in perfect health wouldn't know where to start to look. Someone will be disappointed as we saw another indication of Jacob's violence, a  bruise on Bree's jaw.  I guess he did that back in the motel room.? 

She's obviously having to play nice with him to keep him sweet, though not at all easy about it.  He has had to leave her there to get supplies so I'm guessing she hasn't done a runner as nowhere for her to go. I couldn't see what she was planning to do with the note she'd written Remi, how was she going to get it to him?  Of course that was all academic when Jacob found it stuffed into her jeans pocket. Was that a fluke or did he see her put it there?  We may have not seen the blow, but we heard it and saw the consequences.  Is he going to carry out that old phrase "If I can't have you, no-one can" by burying her?

Interesting tease at the end when we saw Remi open the door to Rose who said, like before in his dream, "We've found Bree". 

That Clonk just seemed like "That's it"? 

I was expecting a Fight to the Death and for Bree to roll him in and start shovellin' but I guess she saw how THAT turned out for Elly on Neighbours?

Contrary to popular belief, Mac, Dean has other things going on his life than *your* love life, love.?

Loved the drama of the crash but to be honest I rather just enjoyed Tane being heroic, superficial I know but he is gorgeous! Felicity's selfish brat act wore thin after her first day of her being in the Bay and in some ways I feel like all this should be a warning to Tane that she will probably only ever be work than an equal partner and, in a lot of ways, as old fashioned as it sounds I think with Ari gone Tne may feel kind of obligated to carry on the family line as it were, I know Mikaere had Nikau but you get the gist, so I've always felt his relationship with Felicity was rather that of certain pleasures than anything real.

Yikes, Eden looks in a bad way, the dastardly nature of head injuries in full force there, it'll be interesting to see how and where they take this.

As for Remi/Bree...zzzz...snore...zzzz.