Quick Questions

Si-Co

Sorry, Jamie, I don't have the answer to your question. I just wanted to add that I thought Josh was a pretty complex character in his first stint. Really watchable. He should never have been brought back, especially with Daniel Bennett at the helm. Very OTT times for Home and Away in that period.

I'm really really sorry if this has been asked already, but I'm just watching an old episode, where Alf is sleeping with Coleen's daughter. I know that Coleen turns out to be Alf's sister! Was this ever explained? Did Alf really sleep with his niece?

I didn't actually remember them ever sleeping together. I remember them having a brief relationship and going out on at least one date, but I didn't remember it going any further than that. The above note from the script producer must prove otherwise, but I could have sworn that it went no further.

New question - can anyone remember what made Josh West turn bad? I've read in between the end of his first stint and when he came back, he had plans to demolish Summer Bay House. But the episode guide on this site says that in his last episode as a regular character in his first stint, episode 3497,

Corruption catches up with Josh, forcing him to flee Summer Bay.

This suggests that he had started to become corrupt before he turned into the villain that we know him for before he got killed. But what made him turn from a normal nice guy into the evil character he became? And why?

I seem to remember a scene of Alf and Maureen wandering about in dressing gowns at some point.

As for Josh, part of me wants to say it just happened, another part thinks it was a combination of things.He didn't take his break-up with Dani that well, he blamed himself for Charlotte drowning and that messed him up a bit, and he was also let down by his relationship with Hayley, where he seemed to really like her but she only really got together with him on the rebound from Noah and because she was grateful for him helping Nick(and Alf going out of his way to sabotage the relationship probably didn't help).He just gradually became more bitter and selfish and embraced the corporate lifestyle he'd once rejected, ending up owning half of Summer Bay.According to the BTTB guide, he left after he got caught out bribing a council official, which I can't say I remember.

• Like 1

I'm really really sorry if this has been asked already, but I'm just watching an old episode, where Alf is sleeping with Coleen's daughter. I know that Coleen turns out to be Alf's sister! Was this ever explained? Did Alf really sleep with his niece?

I didn't actually remember them ever sleeping together. I remember them having a brief relationship and going out on at least one date, but I didn't remember it going any further than that. The above note from the script producer must prove otherwise, but I could have sworn that it went no further. I seem to remember a scene of Alf and Maureen wandering about in dressing gowns at some point.

Yes Maureen stepped out the door of the diner in her dressing gown to get the paper just as Colleen arrived, and Colleen was rather appalled that Maureen would flaunt herself like that. She just kindly explained to Colleen that whilst she was her mother, she wasn't brought up by her, so she had to accept they were different. There wasn't any doubt at the time as to what was going on, Seb felt rather awkward with them acting like a couple of teenagers around the apartment.

There was quite an amusing conversation between them a couple of weeks later in front of Rhys, which pretty much confirmed things too:

Rhys: How's life treating you at Alf's

Mo: I'm being spoilt rotten and I love it

Colleen: (nervously) That Seb's a lovely boy isn't he, giving up his bed for you...

Mo: I'm sure he would have if I'd asked

Colleen: Don't tell me Alf's given up his bed...

(silence)

Colleen: (whispering) Oh Maureen you could at least pretend!

Mo: I'm afraid I'm not much good at pretending

Edited by Dan F
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Why in Australia did the episode 5934 (the London episode which should be a Thursday) have the song from Christina Perri Human, while in the UK we had a different song. This occurred at the end of the episode.

That is interesting. I remember the other time in 2012 finale when tv version had one song and the internet version the other. I;m even more curious which version will end up being shown on 7two repeats 20 years later.