Quick Questions

Si-Co

Why did Irene stop going to university? At around 2002-2003, she became a mature student but a few years later, ended up working in the Diner. I don't remember her graduating, so I presume she decided to stop going, but why?

Also, back in 1988, it was revealed that Carly had an identical twin called Samantha. If I remember correctly, the reason that Carly was fostered was because her father used to beat her up. Did her father not beat Samantha up as well? And if not, why not? And also, could someone remind me about when he offered Carly the chance to be a model like Samantha - was it just to intentionally set her up when she watched the documentary of it later?

I don't know the answer to either of your questions, but I too would like to know why she stopped going to university.

It was a nice bit of character development and what a shane that she's been stuck in the Diner tossing salad since 2005. Although, steps MAY be taken this year to change that.

Can't remember where Irene's storyline went.I think Carly's father didn't beat Samantha because they were more kindred spirits and she went along with him.And yes, the modelling thing seemed to be about making the doctored documentary which showed Samantha in a good light and made Carly look like she didn't have a clue what she was doing.

IIRC Irene going to university was simply dropped around the time the Script Producer changed hands from Coral to Bevan circa 2004. It wasn't so much a storyline so much as just an ongoing development of her character that gradually became less and less mentioned. So I guess you could understand why it was eventually forgotten about but it's still a shame.

I think it would be nice, even now, if they retconned that Irene did get her degree from uni. It doesn't need to be a big deal just dropped into a conversation. Even though they stopped showing it, we could believe that she continued going to uni until she graduated.

Actually someone should ask Lynne about it on twitter! :P

Edited by beau_t