Quick Questions

Si-Co

Did we ever find out the real reason why Charlie and Angelo suddenly broke up? If I remember correctly, they were together when Bianca was supposedly marrying her Prince, which of course didn't happen due to Liam's interruption. Instead John and Gina married, and then in the subsequent season return we had a "6 week blackout". What exactly did happen during that "6 week blackout"? Did we ever find out what exactly happened during that "6 week blackout"?

We never learned what happened to Angelo and Charlie during that "6 week blackout", only that they had broken up and seem angry at each other. Nothing more.

I think it was only because the writers planned to get rid of Angelo, and wanted to put Charlie with the upcoming new character Brax. As far as I know, the show's producers created a buzz and hype around the Braxtons and Charlie/Brax relationship. In that way they could control the viewers and steer towards a certain success.

Yeah, it was all a bit vague, the explanation didn't seem to go beyond "We had loads of problems and we tried to talk our way through them but we couldn't."They actually seemed fairly amicable, to the point that it was hard to tell they had broken up at first.

How old was Scott Hunter meant to be when he arrived in Summer Bay and was Dani still at school please? I was just wondering as the actor seems to be in his mid to late thirties so I would have thought when Scott arrived he would have been in his mid itwenties. Nobody seemed to bat an eyelid at the time which surprised me.

ETA: My inconsistencies in typing out numbers using words and numbers in different places.

Edited by chair

Reflecting back to the prolonged and overly promoted "Penn Graham" saga storyline, did we ever find out who his real father was, and what really was his connection to Summer Bay? I remember clearly that his mother, Tulip had a relationship with Alf, but correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't there supposed to be a big revelation concerning the identity of his father and subsequent connection to the bay?

Sorry that I can't directly answer your question, I just wanted to comment that this storyline had potential to be an excellent idea as well as providing great links to the past, but was instead very very flawed. In fact it was this storyline, combined with the arrival of the Riverboys, that put me off Home and Away for good.

• Like 1

Continuing with mysterious the "Penn Graham" storyline, was it ever revealed how he acquired those abrasions on his hands, and who incidentally was responsible for beating him up quite badly? I remember that Alf was wrongly implicated for the crime, but that's all.

Beau-t - you're so right. This was yet again another classic example of a overhyped, overrated storyline, which had yielded more unanswered questions than actual answers. I really wish the writers would fully complete a storyline. Please writers, stop leaving storylines unfinished, and questions unanswered- it really is quite discouraging and a disservice to your loyal viewers!

I don't think any of it was ever explained beyond his mother's connection to Alf.He mentioned his father had committed suicide and was probably telling the truth.We did meet his grandfather further down the track but that was another incident that raised more questions than answers.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...