Quick Questions

Si-Co

I seem to remember Heath giving a brief answer to Bianca once about what it meant but can't remember exactly what he said.I think it was something to do with collective brotherhood and the idea that the surfing family are as real as the blood family.

• Like 1

I'm really really sorry if this has been asked already, but I'm just watching an old episode, where Alf is sleeping with Coleen's daughter. I know that Coleen turns out to be Alf's sister! Was this ever explained? Did Alf really sleep with his niece?

Yes he did unfortunately.

It was actually going to be addressed in a scene during the episode but sadly it had to be cut for time - this is what I was told by the script producer:

The Maureen scene was a second one in the Surf Club before Colleen went home. She was a bit tipsy and suddenly she shrieked "Oh My Lord. My Maureen! Tell me you didn't... you know... Alf Stewart!" Morag grimaces with distaste, Alf goes white and blusters "Gawd woman, don't even go there." And hurries the conversation along.

And we left it at that. Referred to for the adults with a grasp of continuity, but the subject of incest avoided for the kiddies.

I really regretted losing it for the gag (as it was very funny) and continuity reasons, but the rest of the scene really slowed the episode down. Ah well. Can't have everything.

I'm really really sorry if this has been asked already, but I'm just watching an old episode, where Alf is sleeping with Coleen's daughter. I know that Coleen turns out to be Alf's sister! Was this ever explained? Did Alf really sleep with his niece?

It was actually going to be addressed in a scene during the episode but sadly it had to be cut for time - this is what I was told by the script producer:

The Maureen scene was a second one in the Surf Club before Colleen went home. She was a bit tipsy and suddenly she shrieked "Oh My Lord. My Maureen! Tell me you didn't... you know... Alf Stewart!" Morag grimaces with distaste, Alf goes white and blusters "Gawd woman, don't even go there." And hurries the conversation along.

And we left it at that. Referred to for the adults with a grasp of continuity, but the subject of incest avoided for the kiddies.

I really regretted losing it for the gag (as it was very funny) and continuity reasons, but the rest of the scene really slowed the episode down. Ah well. Can't have everything.

Wowsers! I'm surprised they let that happen. I assumed when watching the scenes with Maureen that it would have somehow turned out that she wasn't actually Colleen's daughter.

Thanks for clearing it up for me :)

We do have to remember that Alf didn't discover that him and Colleen were half-siblings until 2008 and Alf and Maureen's fling occurred in 2003.

For continuity purposes it's cringeworthy to look back on after discovering that Alf and Colleen are in fact half-siblings.

I'm curious to know in Australia they show a double episode of H&A on Thursday and I wanted to know what happens at the end of the first episode. Do they show the trailer for the next episode or they completely blank that out and go to an ad break.

I'm curious to know in Australia they show a double episode of H&A on Thursday and I wanted to know what happens at the end of the first episode. Do they show the trailer for the next episode or they completely blank that out and go to an ad break.

No they don't show any promos in Australia on Home and Away's double episode on Thursday after the first half of the double episode.

At the end of the first episode, it goes to an commercial break at about halfway the mark and then the second episode starts. Sometimes it's even hard to tell that the second episode has begun until we see characters that we didn't see in the first half of the double episode.

Edited by Jezz

No they don't show any promos in Australia on Home and Away's double episode on Thursday after the first half of the double episode.

At the end of the first episode, it goes to an commercial break at about halfway the mark and then the second episode starts. Sometimes it's even hard to tell that the second episode has begun until we see characters that we didn't see in the first half of the double episode.

I am curious to know why in the UK they show Thursdays and Fridays trailers on Wednesday but also show Fridays trailer on Thursday, my point being that if they can do editing for the UK audience on Thursdays episode why can't they just do it for Wednesdays episode.

I didn't actually remember them ever sleeping together. I remember them having a brief relationship and going out on at least one date, but I didn't remember it going any further than that. The above note from the script producer must prove otherwise, but I could have sworn that it went no further.

New question - can anyone remember what made Josh West turn bad? I've read in between the end of his first stint and when he came back, he had plans to demolish Summer Bay House. But the episode guide on this site says that in his last episode as a regular character in his first stint, episode 3497,

Corruption catches up with Josh, forcing him to flee Summer Bay.

This suggests that he had started to become corrupt before he turned into the villain that we know him for before he got killed. But what made him turn from a normal nice guy into the evil character he became? And why?

Edited by Jamie!