1995 Episode Discussion

Dan F

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How long is Dodge on air with us for? 

I'm a bit surprised he just walked into the house wanting to rent a van. I thought he would have kept a low profile. Also wouldn't his comeback raise suspicions about him killing Mud? I mean that's how he must have got the money. also I don't get why he wants revenge. Steven didn't do anything wrong. Dodge was the one who caused the fire killing his uncle. He killed someone. But it's a little strange because Michael knows nothing about him and it was the other Pippa that was on air when Dodge first came. I wonder how Sally will react. If we ever see her. Was Kate away at this time or something. I mean her boyfriend has come out of hospital after serious burns and she is nowhere to be seen. 

So Angel is pregnant. This is the start of a big storyline which I'm not ready for or want to see. 

Poor Nelson with his nightmares. He really wasn't ready to come home. Thought we would have seen Irene around more to help him. 

3 hours ago, christine king said:

Oh ok, I only just started watching so don't really know the characters past but I do know all about the golden couple, Shane/Angel.

The narrative reason is that Angel was considering having a child by her ex, Dylan's father, by artificial insemination so Dylan would have a full sibling if he needed a bone marrow transplant.She and Shane discussed the idea of having a child themselves but learned that a half-sibling had a less than 50% chance of being a match.

I don't think it's deliberate but if Angel was a real person in today's society I think people would suggest she see someone to help her with depression perhaps? Or post traumatic stress disorder after being hit by the car, not to mention every other traumatic event she's just been through over the past 6 months (plane crash, tied up/held hostage, finding out her child has cancer, bush fires to name a few). I think she's got a number of valid reasons to be stressed out and upset but it's just the way she takes it out on Shane that I hate. At least that's calmed down a bit recently.

I'm looking forward to

Spoiler

Travis returning and Alex arriving,

who I think help to bring back the laid back energy of 1994 when Summer Bay was a little more fun and life wasn't so 'edge of your seat' and heightened. Almost all of the current characters have been through something really traumatic over the past 6 months so I think we need some happy go lucky type personalities to help stabilize things.

I love re-watching the 1995 season and I'm constantly surprised by how storylines are played out because I've obviously forgotten so much. I'm also looking forward to 1996 which takes on a slightly different direction from memory, perhaps slightly settled down? Both 95 and 96 are huge years for the show with so much happening and so many changes which I've only really noticed on re-watching the early years from the start again.

17 hours ago, christine king said:

Who the hell is Dodge? Steven put him in jail for murder and they were best friends?

Bobby Forever Missed Yesterday

Dodge was fostered by Pippa and Tom for a few months in 1989 he led Steven astray and burnt down the original store with Steven's Uncle Phillip asleep inside

You're Welcome.......<_<

Archived