1995 Episode Discussion

Dan F

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So nice to see Angel and Shane happy!!! :)

It's been really interesting to see Jack's response to the fire, he's trying so hard to make up for it! It's equally compelling to watch Fisher's firm resistance to forgive him. Very well written.

Sally's absence has been jarring. I wish that Kate Ritchie's time off coincided with Nelson's departure, his exit story would have been a lot more emotionally engaging if Sally was there to support him and then she could have been written out to spend time with him settling into the burns unit. She could also have taken on the mini plot that Selina had with him (being afraid of seeing him as a 'freak').

No, I'm glad we were spared anymore "scenes" with Nelson and Sally, as well as glad to see the back of Nelsom.

Changing the subject, I notice a topic is being dealt with — and this time (surprise!) I actually agree with the Producers on this! Dr Kelly having to deal with a patient (the gran who keeps calling Selina "Alice":lol:) who is in pain who wants to be euthanised. Back then, in the mid- to late 1990s, the Howard Government blocked the NT and ACT from legalising euthanasia. And now, the Victorian Government is drafting new legislation  with the hope that someday terminally ill people with no other way out will be allowed assisted suicide.

6 hours ago, Old H&A Fan said:

No, I'm glad we were spared anymore "scenes" with Nelson and Sally, as well as glad to see the back of Nelsom.

Changing the subject, I notice a topic is being dealt with — and this time (surprise!) I actually agree with the Producers on this! Dr Kelly having to deal with a patient (the gran who keeps calling Selina "Alice":lol:) who is in pain who wants to be euthanised. Back then, in the mid- to late 1990s, the Howard Government blocked the NT and ACT from legalising euthanasia. And now, the Victorian Government is drafting new legislation  with the hope that someday terminally ill people with no other way out will be allowed assisted suicide.

Why is Dodge pointing his finger at me? LOL :P That scene with him doing that was creepy but I still can't help liking him a little....

9 hours ago, Old H&A Fan said:

I'm actually loving Kelly. We have lacked a 20-something female who has had substance and a solid role in the community for a while (Donna doesnt count bc she basically did nothing at all except get bashed).

41 minutes ago, Bobby Forever Missed said:

Sorry you found such an important issue so irrelevant <_<

I was stating that she wasn't heavily mixed with the other characters of summer bay. Her only storyline of substance, which was the Domestic Violence, was with a guest character, and then she left. 

Happy 1000th post to me ^_^ Only felt right to be in the early years thread. Sorry, I know that's :offtopic:

I'm looking forward to getting to know Kelly, I've never seen any episodes with her in. Shane's been wearing too many clothes lately :D Sorry for bringing the tone down...

Strangely, Bobby and Alan were mentioned by Donald, and then in the same episode, the actress who would later play Rebecca (Belinda Emmett) appeared as a different character!

Bobby was also mentioned again by Dodge, who made up a story about his mum being called Bobby and being killed in a boating accident. Good job Sam wasn't around to hear that (where is he, by the way?!).

Shannon and Mandy Chapter 1 begins. It was very funny when Mandy said she didn't agree with literature being taught and Shannon turned round in her chair and smirked at Donald. :lol:

Dylan taking what Donald said too seriously and hiding the plane tickets was funny. It will be nice to have a break from Shane and Angel for a while and it was nice to see them happy for a few episodes! Although it's been extremely touching, I think the leukemia story was one drama too far. It would have been better to see them have a happy story for a change resulting in the same outcome - a holiday. Maybe they could have won some money and decided to go to Disneyland.

Archived