1995 Episode Discussion

Dan F

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting that they are tackling such a controversial topic as euthanasia way back then, an issue I take great interest in having worked in health care for over 20 years.  It is a good storyline showing us an example of the ethical dilemas doctors often face in their practice.

The bill to introduce it almost got through in my state recently, but there was a tied conscious vote, so it didn't end up getting through.

So Steven and Dr Kelly are now on together and moved in together fairly quickly....did he ever officially break up with Marilyn or was that just a casual fling...maybe I missed something.  He seems to have moved on fairly quickly anyhow.:lol:.

I noticed Belinda Emmett near the boat, wasn't sure if she was there in the capacity of her future permanent role or just some random passing by?

4 hours ago, early years fan said:

So Steven and Dr Kelly are now on together and moved in together fairly quickly....did he ever officially break up with Marilyn or was that just a casual fling...maybe I missed something.  He seems to have moved on fairly quickly anyhow.:lol:.

I noticed Belinda Emmett near the boat, wasn't sure if she was there in the capacity of her future permanent role or just some random passing by?

Have we been watching the same show? :lol::lol:

Steven and Marilyn officially broke up, there was a nice scene where he told Marilyn never to think she wasn't good enough for anyone. They went out on a boat together and Marilyn realised her feelings for Steven had fizzled out (i.e. it was a crush).

Steven and Kelly aren't on together, they are just friends and flatmates (unless something happened in Friday's episode which I haven't seen yet).

Belinda Emmett definitely wasn't playing Rebecca. She said the cruise ship Jack wanted to hire for the fund raiser is her father's ship - so unless Donald bought it after his house burned down I seriously doubt that was Rebecca. (Also why would they recast a character just to have her randomly in an episode with no introduction and without seeing Donald. Also, Steven would have recognised her as Rebecca, which he didn't).

2 hours ago, beau_t said:

why would they recast a character just to have her randomly in an episode with no introduction and without seeing Donald. Also, Steven would have recognised her as Rebecca, which he didn't

"Rebecca" called herself "Gail" in those boat scenes. Was the cruise ship owned by Mr Fisher's brother? BUGGER the "recasting". They should have called Rebecca Rebecca and not Gail or someone else's daughter. What happened to the real Rebecca Fisher anyway? The 3 of them looked and sound so different! They must think we viewers are fools!

1 hour ago, Old H&A Fan said:

"Rebecca" called herself "Gail" in those boat scenes. Was the cruise ship owned by Mr Fisher's brother? BUGGER the "recasting". They should have called Rebecca Rebecca and not Gail or someone else's daughter. What happened to the real Rebecca Fisher anyway? The 3 of them looked and sound so different! They must think we viewers are fools!

Why would they call her Rebecca when they had no intention of bringing in Rebecca at that point, and certainly didn't know that the actress who just happened to get the small part of Gail would later play Rebecca! They are not psychic.

I do agree about the different looks. The first and second Rebecca did have some similarities but the third Rebecca was a complete transformation.

Stevo and Marilyn, Stevo and Kelly, then Travis and Kelly. Boring, junk "romances" that deserve to be skipped over, but be careful, there are a few worthwhile bits, like Marilyn admitting why she is a nun, and Kelly saying she has to deal with a patient who is begging to be put down humanely.

Archived