1995 Episode Discussion

Dan F

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Made it through 11 episodes up to 1766, so about a week and a half behind.Where to start?Ah yes, Heather, another of those short-stay characters that mess up attempts to list Summer Bay House residents. Came across as rather young, and when Sally towers over you you know you're on the short side...

Donald really does need to take some chill pills and stop handing out arbitrary punishments, especially when he's the one doing the provoking.Dubbing virginal abuse victim Shannon "a girl with a reputation" has got to be the epitome of small-mindedness.Hard to tell who came off best in the hair dye incident.Don, as usual, saw it as proof that his methods work, but Shannon seemed more bemused than anything by his "fear and respect" speech and was soon giggling about it with Sally.Still, even at his most obstinate he's still the king of zingers, I've always loved his brilliant riposte to Alf and Shane dismissing religion.(Alf: "Come on, Don, when did you last go to church?"Don:"Sunday, as a matter of fact.")And hard not to feel sorry for him losing his house.

Angel's another one who doesn't make it easy to sympathise with her, whether she's got someone after her husband, being stalked or even got a sick child.She seemed to make up the rules with Shane as she went along, one minute insisting that if Paul fathers a child with her it'll still be Shane's, the next insisting he can't care about Dylan as much as her because he's not his.Despite her calming down a bit, it's hard not to worry that she'll be back to being annoying within a few episodes.Damian came across as even more of a dweeb as a hippy than as a square, although he had a few good moments.

Curtis and Selina seem back on track after a few wobbles.(I'll swear one magazine of the time printed a photo of them in bed together, which we never saw.I wondered if it was a scene ITV edited out but apparently not.)Sally was a bit hard on Nelson, I'm not sure that trying to cure claustrophobia by shutting someone in a cupboard is all that sensible and you certainly shouldn't be surprised if he refuses.Shame Donna skipped town, they could have used a therapist's advice.And a mercifully brief round of "Jack can be a complete tool, can't he?" Rad seemed to inveigle his way in with the characters surprisingly easily: You'd have expected Don to be a bit suspicious of Jack suddenly hanging out with someone who fits the description of the wallet thief or Michael and Pippa to say "Who are you?" when he started wandering around the house.

Given that it's the sort of thing that happens twice-yearly from hereon in, it's perhaps hard to realise the impact of the bushfire at the time.I remember rumours at school about a Home and Away:The Movie at the time and watching that episode thinking that's what it would probably be like.(Mind you, flicking through the diary I see that with the rapid move from plane crash to Angel being stalked to bush fire to Murdoch being murdered I was already wondering why a sleepy Australian town resembled a crime drama.And this was 1995!)

8 minutes ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

Rad seemed to inveigle his way in with the characters surprisingly easily: You'd have expected Don to be a bit suspicious of Jack suddenly hanging out with someone who fits the description of the wallet thief or Michael and Pippa to say "Who are you?" when he started wandering around the house.

I thought this :lol: Jack starts hanging out with the guy he described and no-one seemed to bat an eye lid.

Angel can be really annoying but I think Melissa George's acting is good enough for Angel to still somehow get away with it.

23 hours ago, Old H&A Fan said:

Why not? I kinda found the way he said he needed a "Jimmy Riddle" after that bus trip that day, and that Selina had "bullants up her pants" funny! BAHAHAHAHAHAHA :lol: Where's your sense of humour?

It's a pity Irene and Selina don't do a 6-month stint on remand (even if they are found Not Guilty by the court in the end) because they bloody well deserve it, let me tellya:angry:

I'm sorry I don't find it funny that he was nearly raping a minor plus at the time this aired I was 6 and not even living in Australia (I was born in the United States).

36 minutes ago, Kristen said:

I'm sorry I don't find it funny that he was nearly raping a minor plus at the time this aired I was 6 and not even living in Australia (I was born in the United States).

He wasn't "raping" her by any stretch of the imagination. Selina is hardly a "minor", she's over 16

Thought I would watch some of this but I have no idea who some of these people are, so can anyone help?

Shane/Angel/Dylan - such a beautiful heartbreaking story, how are Shane and Angel suppose to accept that Dylan is dying, so sad :(

Who is Nelson? and is Steven best friends with Nelson?

Who are Jack and Shannon? and are they living with Pippa and Micheal and are they dating? they look very close.

Jack caused a car fire that left Nelson badly burned? and Fishers house got burned down because of him?

Sorry guys, I really have no idea whats going on, anyone want to explain things to me?

Nelson is Irene's nephew, he's not friends with Steven as far as I'm aware - Steven is his teacher. Jack and Shannon are foster siblings, they are Michael and Pippa's foster children. Jack is a mess at the moment because his girlfriend Chloe left town after her racist father came between her and Jack. As a result Jack went off the rails and became involved with a criminal called Rad. Rad stole a car and Jack went along with him to go and find Chloe who had moved to Western Australia. Rad was driving too fast and crashed the car - he left Jack trapped in the car and Nelson saved Jack but got severely burned when the car blew up and started a bushfire which burned down Donald Fisher's house.

Nelson is Sally's boyfriend; Sally is Jack's other foster sister.

Hope this helps. Welcome to the early years! ^_^

2 hours ago, Edward Skylover said:

Nelson is Irene's nephew, he's not friends with Steven as far as I'm aware - Steven is his teacher. Jack and Shannon are foster siblings, they are Michael and Pippa's foster children. Jack is a mess at the moment because his girlfriend Chloe left town after her racist father came between her and Jack. As a result Jack went off the rails and became involved with a criminal called Rad. Rad stole a car and Jack went along with him to go and find Chloe who had moved to Western Australia. Rad was driving too fast and crashed the car - he left Jack trapped in the car and Nelson saved Jack but got severely burned when the car blew up and started a bushfire which burned down Donald Fisher's house.

Nelson is Sally's boyfriend; Sally is Jack's other foster sister.

Hope this helps. Welcome to the early years! ^_^

Thanks so much for the info, I just watched the last week of eps to try to get some barrings but was wondering if their was a reason that Sally didn't appear at all?

Just on last weeks fight. I thought that Fisher was going to walk in and Jack would have been in so much trouble. Did have a chuckle when Curtis joined in because his hair got pulled. 

I forgot it was Curtis that found the receipt. I remembered that's how Selina got cleared but I thought it was her and Irene that worked it out. anyway I think the poilce have given up on that Rad guy and Jack has to take the fall for it. 

Ok so today finally we see Don and Angel in a scene. I'm pretty sure since Don lost his house we have not seen Angel or Shane go and see don and check on how he is going. I know they have been busy with Dylan but you would have thought the writers would have put a scene in. I mean Donald is really there only family. 

Poor Dylan. So sad when he asked if Disneyland was in heaven. But happy he gets to go. 

Gee Nelson is struggling and who could blame him. I reckon these days he would be made to have a form of counselling before he was allowed home. Also we haven't seen Sally in ages. 

Archived