1994 Episode Discussion

Dan F

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sarah did seem lost after Tug left, so her departure was most likely inevitable, just not the way it turned out.

I wonder if it was Laura's decision to leave, or did the producers decide to move her on.

I was 12 and towards the end of year 6 when these episodes aired, so really fun the see them again with adult eyes. Pippa and Michael's problems I could relate to, as we had close friends who were going through the same thing, we had them over for a BBQ and there was a lot of tension, a week later they separated. Mum and I talked a lot about these things when these episodes aired. 

...and another pet disappears into thin air at summer bay, whatever happened to mindy? conveniently gone missing:( it was a breath of fresh air to have an animal on the show, the dog didn't end up getting much air time.  Makes you wonder why the producers bothered to introduce the dog into the script in the first place.

You can feel the tension overload through every show at the moment with roxy's breast cancer, pippa and Michael, and shane with his mum.  Things seem to have gone from one extreme to the other, and no one seems happy, Jack doesn't even seem to make any humerous stuffups anymore to lighten the mood.:unsure:  A bit of humour wouldn't go astray now and then.

16 hours ago, early years fan said:

...and another pet disappears into thin air at summer bay, whatever happened to mindy? conveniently gone missing:(

Did you notice the references to Mindy recently? Angel and a few other characters kept saying to Curtis and Shannon "I'm sorry to hear about Mindy". So she's obviously been written out off-screen. I guess at least they bothered to do that much. Poor Dag Dog's whereabouts are still unconfirmed.

I also agree about Alf's harsh treatment of Sarah. I think that the accident was a bit Sarah's fault but mostly Alf's, not even 50-50. It is a shame that they didn't even make up before she left, but I remember that she returned for the wedding, so will see whether they make up then.

Also, has anyone else noticed how the writers often use the wrong pronouns? It happens a lot with I vs me, but also in today's episode, Ailsa used 'her' when it should have been 'she'. 'Her and your father got up to a joke' should be 'she' as she is the subject, her is the object.

I'm currently watching September 1994, around the time Shannon and Curtis turned up.I notice Angel's Multiple Choice Past has struck again and not just with the magically appearing and disappearing sister.When she first appeared, she had an idealised vision of a father she hadn't seen in years if at all, thinking he'd come back for her one day.Now he was still living with them when she left home and she had as bad a relationship with him as with her mother.

Archived