1994 Episode Discussion

Dan F

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, dees189227 said:

Wow Michael and Pippa making peace didn't last long. But I agree with Michael. What a stupid place to put a christmas tree.

I think he was more annoyed that Pippa overrided him on it like she always does.

9 hours ago, kathrine french said:

Yes that was strange as Selina come first.

Maybe it's because Isla and Shane were more recognisable from things such as Paradise beach. They do tend to hurry the more famous faces first at the expense of others. Or maybe because there are two of them. It's a nice shot though isn't it? One of my favourites from that year. 

Yes, I think it could just be a question of space, that they had a spare caption slide when Sarah left and so it was easier to slot Curtis and Shannon in there.Poor Selina doesn't make it onto the opening titles until they're completely revamped at the start of 1995!

5 hours ago, Blaxland 89 said:

Maybe it's because Isla and Shane were more recognisable from things such as Paradise beach. They do tend to hurry the more famous faces first at the expense of others. Or maybe because there are two of them. It's a nice shot though isn't it? One of my favourites from that year. 

Maybe it's even a contract issues. Tempany may have had shorter contracts at first. Maybe only meant to be a month or two. But then her character gaining popularity it kept getting extended to a longer one. While in Shannon and Curtis' case the had a 3 year contract straight away. This may of been why characters like Stacey and Andrew were never added despite being in it longer than Viv or emma? 

14 hours ago, joany208121 said:

Did anyone else find the montage of Irene recording her song a bit strange? It wasn't very soap like 

I think the show's feeling more like a strong 90's drama series over a soap at this point, that's definitely what I think it becomes in '95. The production values are changing slightly and it's beginning to feel a little higher budget somehow. Those musical montages are going to become an almost staple during the next few years haha

^ Yes you're right. I hadn't thought about it before but 1995 onwards is full of montages - most of them very well done and quite unique to Home and Away as a soap rather than a drama, where they were much more common.

I've just seen Monday's episode. Nice to see Hunters and Collectors' "Throw Your Arms Around Me" talked about by Shane and Angel. I always thought it was retroactively established as their song in Shane's death episode with no prior reference - so it was a very nice surprise to hear them discussing it in the Diner and how they usually listen to it when they are "alone" (and we all know what that means) and then again later in the episode when they were in the house.

Also a very touching scene with Donald genuinely happy and excited about their wedding. Good to have it established that he's completely on board. Although it's obvious he's dreading being lonely once they move out.

The Ross marriage breakdown started with Michael being unlikable but the more time goes on I'm finding Pippa less and less sympathetic too. They both need their heads banged together.

Archived