1994 Episode Discussion

Dan F

Okay, I've been out of the mix a couple weeks after having bingewatched 55 odd eps so I'm all but two eps behind. Let me bring this brief wrap up

The Netball stuff finally coming to a head was great. I seriously thought Irene and Berta were gonna go all Fabulous Moolah and Susan Burke on us!

Our little Sal is maturing into the Woman she eventually became!  Kind of cute in those netball scenes. Though she was coming off kind of Cow-lite in latter scenes with Michael.

Jack the Playa getting busted is a classic scene. Also it's like every attempt for him to do good always blows up in his face, the locket, etc

Shane was being a porkchop over Ros. Okay, she did focus a lot of her attention her career and was kind of glad that she blasted him back. Glad the ice thawed in the end.

Bye Bye, Tug and Sarah. Hello, Curtis and Shannon. Curtis was written a bit of a goody-two shoes but that faded fast.

Talk of Shannon (One of the foxiest H&A girls ever), At the risk of sounding a total perv, there were a couple knicker flash scenes, when she bolted up off the Ross couch and flounced off to her rooom after the whole Curtis reveal/denial (1562) and Crouched down picking up the fallene pots and pans (1594). :wub:  Second one was kind of unavoidable as she was wearing a short skirt, Funny as you'd expect that from Selina who wore Minis that would qualify for belt status! 

Reenie and her country ambitions... lol. Those briefly popped up again in 2012! (When they attempted to give her storylines after a long period of just serving coffee/cakes)

Donna being on the scene. Genuinely memorable for one later storyline (an award nominated episode that involves another ex) but otherwise forgettable. Pippa recognised her, Guess Stevo must have brought her over at one point.

The Pudding stunt, I remember that. I suppose a predictable thing would be Alf eating the pudding and cracking a tooth "Strike me roan! What's in this, Rocks? Bullets? I had softer steaks in the army!"

Michael did behave like a bellend for the most part but he had a point about the damn tree. It was TOO close the door and Sam would knock it down. Still no reason for him to blow up at the Boys for arguing a few weeks earlier in his Hulk fit where he stomped off down the boatshed right before the clfifhanger.

If Don had walked in Rob and Roxy instead of Irene... Someone'd have been fired and someone'd gone blind ala Hank in that episode of King of the Hill!:lol:

Wadergate made me laugh. Mindy really went for those. In Shannon and the Dog's defence, Alf shouldn't have left the damn expensive waders out.  Shame she wasn't on the show too long. At first I was thinking Selina was the one who let her off her leash for her to run away, but I figured that'd be too petty for her. Guess we'll never know.

Muck up day was pretty sweet. Shame the other 2/5 of The Class of '94 teen gang left prior to this. Tug would have got a kick out of this while Sarah would have tried to be voice of reason. And it would be Damo that got collared.

The Pippa/Michael scene in 1594 indicates they had some make-up sex but in a tasteful, "tender" way focusing mainly on the afterglow. Debra and Dennis' believable chemistry really sold things. Didn't last long by the next ep with Treegate leading to s***storm '94!

Credits Nerd moment: John Holmes being back in charge. So long Andrew Howie, you did a bang-up job this last year and a half.

Poor Rox. But if she has that stubborn Bagely gene (About the one good thing she and Blake inherited from Les) she'll be right.

Poor Jack. Rejected by his own damn family.

All this was worth the wait!

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These days if a 19 yr old couple answered when asked how they can afford to raise a child and they answered they will get the dole they would be shot down and called bludgers . Im glad Shane finally woke up and took his mum's money. I mean just because his mum wanted to contribute, doesn't mean she will invite all of her friends. I'm glad Don stick up for them. 

Pippa and Michael. I cannot remember that storyline when he moved out. Nice of Damien to help him clear out the boat shed. Although still wasn't sure where Sally was. 

poor pippa.  they both do a great job of acting in the breakup storyline, plus showing the effect it has on the kids.....was a bit of a tear jerker today when Michael moves out.  She should have told him to iron his own darned shirts though! 

Angel being a little optimistic, thinking she will just get Dylan handed over to her full time, when she hasn't been a full time parent before?  I think "the department" is a little more strict these days with how they handle fostering/living arrangements, living on welfare payments would not look great either for Shane and Angel, with her counting on child endowment. 

also Felt sorry for Jack with his family basically disowning him, would be nice if they made contact at least now and then.

boy Don did fire up big time with Ros, quite impressive! good on him.

I just watched the episode,I feel really sorry for Jack, I know he can do stupid things at times, and Pippa was under a lot of strain, I hope it gets sorted out. I am sure Ailsa will lend her some tins and supply some ingredients, or get someone to help out with the cooking.

Can't really remember these scenes in the original airing, must of been out shopping with my parents.

Rob and Roxy are annoying me at the moment, he needs to know when to back off. 

I'm about three weeks behind, just reached Sarah's exit.That was another one, like Nick's, that I had absolutely no memory of, I always felt she just went off to uni.I couldn't quite work out if she was meant to have parted on bad terms with Alf or not.There seemed to be a disparity between the studio and location scenes which meant that one minute Alf's looking at her fondly and telling her to take care of herself and the next they're ignoring each other and Ailsa's making soothing noises about how he'll come round, as if someone thought better of it halfway through recording and tried to soften it.

I think everyone's had their moments of not being at all sympathetic during the Pippa/Michael marriage troubles, except maybe Damian who's mostly kept his head down, refused to take sides and tried to head off trouble.I really wasn't keen on the way Sam, who's just had a go at Jack for causing trouble, smirked about his plan to play Don off against them to get the shoes he wanted, knowing full well it would cause another upset, and then avoided the fall-out by throwing a tantrum and saying he didn't want to live with them anymore.

I echo CaptainHulk's comment earlier that they seem to have rapidly reformatted Curtis into someone who can get into trouble with Jack.And the beginnings of a beautiful friendship between Shannon and Selina!

It is rather strange watching the interaction between Damian and Selina here knowing what's coming up the following year...

Wow Pippa did really go off her rocker. Gosh never seen her get so angry. I thought she would have calmed down after speaking to Ailsa but no she still stayed mad at Jack. Jack really did stuff up a lot in the first year he came to the bay. 

Yet I ask again where is Sally. We have had 2 episodes with major storylines and we haven't seen her. 

I agree, you would think Sally would be there for such an important development as Michael moving out.  She would also be able to offer Pippa some much needed support.  

I was shocked at how Pippa went off at Jack too, no matter how much stress she is under, she really shouldn't be taking it out on him like that:o

there is a sense of changing of the guard with the teen group, for so long it was tug, Sarah, Damien, Shane and Angel, they are the ones who stick in my memory the most from the 90's ..bit sad to see them growing up, leaving and a new group taking over.  

In Sam's defence, He was equally as sick of all the fighting at home as well everyone else but his notion of getting the shoes was bratty but what did you expect from him?!

As for More Inconsistency with that Boy's age. They're saying he's 12 now! Suppose that'd be about right as he starts SBH in the '95 Season (I'm not gonna even go into aging as on this show it'll give you a headache!)

Archived