Characters that could return ?

-Kevin-

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Martha, Duncan and Ric would be good even just for a bit and bringing in a new generation of Stewart's with them, kids or step-kids, Duncan or Ric could have easily married older women with teenage step-kids both boys would be in their mid to late 20's. Paul and/or Mark for Irene and I really think the reason behind them not returning is because the current producers/writers have no idea what the go is with them, imagine if Paul found out he wasn't really Fin's son and was swapped with another baby at the cult (maybe I've got soap fever) Even Emma (Dannii Minogue) could come back and ask Alf to look after their teenage child. I HATE a few of the teens in the show right now so would gladly accept new ones. Ryan Baker could easily come back.

I never want them to bring Ric back if it results in him announcing that he and Matilda split up and he married someone else...And I never want them to bring Ric back because it would result in him announcing he and Matilda split up and he married someone else.

I think it is possible to bring every character back, at least for a short while if the actor wants to come back. It is just a question about imagination and will to create original storylines.

It doesn't have mean that they need to break up couples. Rick can return for a shorter while, and Mathilda can be doing other things (work stuff or visiting her family overseas) for example. Even if you are in a relationship it doesn't mean that you need to be with your partner all the time. A lot of couples do spend some time apart, to visit family or friends or doing job stuff and still be in a solid relationship.

It is a matter of the writers imagination.

There were no reason to split Will and Gypsy back in 2010... She could have been off to do work stuff, and he could have just wanted to visit Irene.. Because would that have been so strange? Will had a close relationship with Irene. As for Will going down for Penn's murder.. that was just crap.. He could have been killed by Daria (who was just a thug), or he could have committed suicide.

To bring a character back doesn't mean that they need to destroy the character or undo everything the character used to be about.

Yeah, okay, I was possibly exaggerating slightly.I was mostly responding to Perry's suggestion of Ric turning up with a stepson who's nearly as old as him and leaving him behind, which is not something I'd like to see.Yes, you could bring Ric back for a couple of episodes for Alf's birthday or something and mention that he and Matilda are still together, and I'd be fine with that, but a longer stint or messing with characters for the sake of it could wreck his ending.

I never want them to bring Ric back if it results in him announcing that he and Matilda split up and he married someone else...And I never want them to bring Ric back because it would result in him announcing he and Matilda split up and he married someone else.

I think it is possible to bring every character back, at least for a short while if the actor wants to come back. It is just a question about imagination and will to create original storylines.

It doesn't have mean that they need to break up couples. Rick can return for a shorter while, and Mathilda can be doing other things (work stuff or visiting her family overseas) for example. Even if you are in a relationship it doesn't mean that you need to be with your partner all the time. A lot of couples do spend some time apart, to visit family or friends or doing job stuff and still be in a solid relationship.

It is a matter of the writers imagination.

There were no reason to split Will and Gypsy back in 2010... She could have been off to do work stuff, and he could have just wanted to visit Irene.. Because would that have been so strange? Will had a close relationship with Irene. As for Will going down for Penn's murder.. that was just crap.. He could have been killed by Daria (who was just a thug), or he could have committed suicide.

To bring a character back doesn't mean that they need to destroy the character or undo everything the character used to be about.

I agree with this. I think that the biggest challenge with bringing characters back is to be imaginative about the reason for their return, have something useful for them to do while they are in the Bay and then have a credible reason for them to depart again. None of that has to involve the destruction of a character.

Archived