Characters that could return ?

-Kevin-

Yeah, okay, I was possibly exaggerating slightly.I was mostly responding to Perry's suggestion of Ric turning up with a stepson who's nearly as old as him and leaving him behind, which is not something I'd like to see.Yes, you could bring Ric back for a couple of episodes for Alf's birthday or something and mention that he and Matilda are still together, and I'd be fine with that, but a longer stint or messing with characters for the sake of it could wreck his ending.

I do agree in many ways, and I am afraid that it could have happened the way Perry suggested, and I don't want that either... That would have been totally wrong!! Just like ruining Will's character totally and break up Will and Gypsy.

The problem is that the writers seem to think that the characters need to be put in relationship and triangles all the time.

There are many ways to bring Rick back for a few weeks without destroying him or his relationship with Mathilda. Alf is still his grandfather (and is more like a father to him, since he doesn't have one) and Irene is still there.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Martha, Duncan and Ric would be good even just for a bit and bringing in a new generation of Stewart's with them, kids or step-kids, Duncan or Ric could have easily married older women with teenage step-kids both boys would be in their mid to late 20's.

When Alf went to Duncan's wedding in 2009, I'm sure someone mentioned his soon-to-be wife was pregnant. So we can assume he has at least one child, though he/she'd only be about 5.

I'va always wanted Ric & Matilda to come back together, after she finished her uni studies, but that seems out of the question at the moment. Maybe a few years down the road, depending on how the actors' careers go.

I think Ric was ruined way before his exit and that exit did damage to Matilda's character, Matilda deserved better then Ric and that conversation Ric and her had where Ric said "I don't know what to do without you." and Matilda's reply "The Next thing!" should have been the end of them, it was perfect for Matilda.

I think Ric was ruined way before his exit and that exit did damage to Matilda's character, Matilda deserved better then Ric and that conversation Ric and her had where Ric said "I don't know what to do without you." and Matilda's reply "The Next thing!" should have been the end of them, it was perfect for Matilda.

I disagree.Ric and Matilda was a three and a half year long love story:It was caring about him that turned her from a spiteful brat into a caring young lady, and it was their friendship that turned him from a screwed-up hothead into a genuinely nice person.Yeah, there was that bit where they split up and randomly started sleeping with other people, which I wish had never happened, but the bond between them was too strong for that to be the end and I don't even remember the conversation you mentioned.To me, the two of them standing in the quad, on their own in an area full of people, accepting that home is wherever the other person is, was the perfect ending and the only way it could have ended.Splitting them up would be as big a betrayal as splitting up Will and Gypsy.

I disagree.Ric and Matilda was a three and a half year long love story:It was caring about him that turned her from a spiteful brat into a caring young lady, and it was their friendship that turned him from a screwed-up hothead into a genuinely nice person.Yeah, there was that bit where they split up and randomly started sleeping with other people, which I wish had never happened, but the bond between them was too strong for that to be the end and I don't even remember the conversation you mentioned.To me, the two of them standing in the quad, on their own in an area full of people, accepting that home is wherever the other person is, was the perfect ending and the only way it could have ended.Splitting them up would be as big a betrayal as splitting up Will and Gypsy.

Completely agree with this.

Ric and Matilda always had a spark with one another and Matilda was one of the first people to embrace Ric when he first appeared on the show despite all the damage he had inflicted towards her family, especially towards her twin brother Henry when he first had problems with his father Owen (Alf's long-lost son).

The friendship between the two was existent from 2005 and the relationship was relatively strong and consistent between 2006 to 2008 despite some hiccups they had along the way with things like Ric being in jail and Beth dying suddenly which had a big effect on Mattie.

I think despite the highs and lows, Ric and Matilda received the happy ending they deserved!

I disagree.Ric and Matilda was a three and a half year long love story:It was caring about him that turned her from a spiteful brat into a caring young lady, and it was their friendship that turned him from a screwed-up hothead into a genuinely nice person.Yeah, there was that bit where they split up and randomly started sleeping with other people, which I wish had never happened, but the bond between them was too strong for that to be the end and I don't even remember the conversation you mentioned.To me, the two of them standing in the quad, on their own in an area full of people, accepting that home is wherever the other person is, was the perfect ending and the only way it could have ended.Splitting them up would be as big a betrayal as splitting up Will and Gypsy. Completely agree with this.

Ric and Matilda always had a spark with one another and Matilda was one of the first people to embrace Ric when he first appeared on the show despite all the damage he had inflicted towards her family, especially towards her twin brother Hunter when he first had problems with his father Owen (Alf's long-lost son).

The friendship between the two was existent from 2005 and the relationship was relatively strong and consistent between 2006 to 2008 despite some hiccups they had along the way with things like Ric being in jail and Beth dying suddenly which had a big effect of Mattie.

I think despite the highs and lows, Ric and Matilda received the happy ending they deserved! I agree they had breaks but where way better together I loved Ric but still not forgiven him for all that Viv mess

Next time the farm needs new occupants, instead of bring new people in, it would be better to perhaps bring back Sarah and Tug to live and run the farm. Would make perfect sense, and by the sounds of it Laura Vasquez would be happy to rejoin. Not sure about Tristan Bancks but if he declined I think we could accept a recast. But a good recast- not a relative or boyfriend of somebody already on the show! It would be great to have people that Alf and Irene really know. They're not doing a good job of mixing them with the younger/newer characters at the moment. And i suppose they could have a couple of teenage children by now if that's a necessity.

• 2 months later...

With Leah now in a relationship with Zac it would be nice to see all the old faves like Sally, Ruby, Colleen, Morag, Rachel , Miles and more return for there wedding and have a special appearence from Dan and Vinnie looking down on Leah at the wedding from heaven like how it was with Charlie and Brax. This would make a very enjoyable and happy reunion after all these deaths that we have had.

It would be nice to see Annie and Geoff again as well as Robbie and Tasha. Nicole would be great on screen again but it is unlikely as now she has cancer off screen. Ruby would fit in nicely when she was asked to return for London she said no because she was shooting in America and said if she was asked again to return she would. It would have been nice to see all Caseys friends return for his funeral like Xavier and Ruby.

Martha could return pregnant and married to Hugo to reunite with Roo for a few eps where she has the baby its a boy and names it Jack in loving memory of her deceased husband. Also when Martha returns her baby is premature therefore in hospital and when Martha is there she happens to notice a boy and realises it is bung bung and he has been abandoned so she and her hugo adpt him . They then leave to get baby Jack some help at the city hospital as he is close to death.Then months later Hugo, baby Jack and Martha return saying that Bung Bung has been kidnapped the police eventually find him but while looking for him Martha suffers a stroke and is put in hospital she has to learn to do everything again . When she is finally able to do everything she is discharged and moves to Indonesia with Hugo? The baby could be Martha's (Jodi Gordon's off screen daughter in blue or if she was not happy with that they could name her Charlotte after Charlie as Charlie was Martha's best friend and it could be a girl. At the same time rachel and tony could return with little harry.

Archived