1993 Episode Discussion

Dan F

When Sally tried to hug Pippa and she just stood there motionless, I felt really sorry for Sally.

Imogen. Well... that was all quite pointless wasn't it?

Really enjoying the whole Shane/Tug/Sarah/Angel/Damien group.

Poor Finlay is such a loner these days!

Poor Finlay is such a loner these days!

Yeah, for the rest of this year she is essentially a spare part! It's like they couldn't be bothered to invent a friend or two for her on this second go-round of Year 12.

I thought she was sort of friends with Angel that year.

I think Pippa is being childish and petty!

I find it very hard to imagine Vanessa's Pippa acting this way.

Really?I think Vanessa's Pippa was exactly like this when Tom died.Both times.(When she thought he was dead and when he actually was.)She's not very likable at the moment (although to be fair it's only been the last couple of episodes, prior to that she was coping quite well), but I think it's entirely consistent with the way she's been portrayed since 1988. It is curious that she and Michael have almost been flipped round over the course of the last year in that at times he's the one who has the warmer relationship with the kids.

I think Shane and Angel is very definitely in the region of Belligerent Sexual Tension at this point.We've had Shane suddenly decide that he does like her, I'm surprised it's come this early given that I seem to remember

he humiliates her on her first day at school.

The really interesting thing was Angel's behaviour.I expected her to just scoff at Shane's claim that he collects money for charity, but she was so quick to believe it that I can only assume that she wanted it to be true, that despite her misandristic diatribe to Sarah there are some feelings in there and she does want him to be more than an arrogant neanderthal.It does seem to have come slightly out of nowhere though, especially since up to this point it almost seemed like Damian was the one in love with her.

Which does kind of get paid off eventually.

Sadly, again it seems that Angel and Sarah only label Damian as the better of the three boys because they don't fancy him.

Fin is mostly reduced to serving at the Diner and stuff at home but in a sense that's enough, she's got the older sibling relationship with Damian and Sally.She does get a couple of storylines this year.Well, one anyway.Imogen:She came, she was nasty, she left.I'm sure Roxy will forget about her again soon enough.

Fun historical sidebar:It was probably different in Australia, but in the UK the episode where Tug breaks the window while trying to get Sarah's attention was shown on the same day as an episode of Neighbours where someone (Rick Alessi, I think) did the same thing.I watched the two episodes back to back and there was this almost identical scene in them.

Archived